Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    had a LFD El Jacko Maduro tonight. What a full bodied little beast. Love the shape. The burn was pretty sharp for a perfecto and thing burned nice and slow. Glad I have another one of these to age.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Started off with a 5 Vegas Gold Rubusto for breakfast with my morning cuppa joe. This afternoon had an Oliva "G" Maduro Torpedo. Lovely as always, rich, smooth, a little pepper and that wonderful mellow cedar aftertaste.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    started thr day with a java wafe maduro
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    well last night i stopped by a local b&m and had a ton of luck. picked up my first cao sopranos, 2 nub habanos, an italia, and another opus x :D. so today i had my first nub out of the two i bought and i must say, i have heard many negative things of them, but I really enjoyed it. I love habano wrappers which probably accounts for a lot of it but i took a good hour and 20 to enjoy it and thought it was great. i had a few toffees with it and it paired AMAZINGLY well i have never had anything to eat while smoking it was interesting to say the least. it was a 358 size i belive
  • Options
    looking forward to trying the nub
  • Options
    go into it expecting a positive experience, i know a few people dont have nice things to say about them, but in my opinion oliva came out with another great cigar :)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I like the Nub too, I've only tried one size from each blend, but I liked each one.

Today was a Sol Cubano Sumatra toro that has been hanging out in my humidor for some time now, didn't pay rent so I burned it up. A little later was a Legends Yellow label, Don Pepin, which was surprisingly not as good as I had hoped it would be.
  • Options
    I had an 8 hour drive and ended up smoking a couple of quality smokes. First off was an Oliva Serie O Robusto that had a couple nicks in the wrapper, I thought I would put it out of its misery. It turned out to be a winner. No real problem with the wrapper burning poorly. It actually burned razor sharp and lasted for easily over 1hr 40 mins, was burning my fingers before it got tossed

The second cigar was an Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Maduro. This had one toothy wrapper and had a dry semi-sweet chocolate start. Was a great cigar with only a few touch ups needed.

great cigar day in my book...even with 8+ hours on the road.
  • Options
    I've looked at the AF Chateau a couple times at my local b&m-sounds like i may be picking this one up
  • Options
    Today i had my first Cohiba red dot curchill. A well filled, well constructed cigar. Draw was a little tighter than i like(though each puff produced a ton of smoke), even for a churchill, but the taste made up for it! This thing was so sweet i thought i was smoking a maduro or a flavored, that lasted almost the whole stick. Then a touch of leather, almond and soft cedar developed. The burn on this thing was picture perfect the entire way. I'd put it at the lower end of medium but 100% damn fine smoke!
  • Options
    Had a couple of Cohiba Black's Suprema's in the last month-excellent smokes
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Yesterday I smoked my first Camacho Triple Maduro. It sang it's own tune and it got the music and the lyrics spot on. It was a fantastic hour and a half. I picked only one up at a local shop, so I guess I need to go back and see if I can get a repeat performance from another one...

This morning I had cigar.com's brazilion label. - I like that smoke.... Tonight it's a Padilla series '68 - but it's not really holding my interest.

I also had Nub Connecticut yesterday and it was Ok - but didn't feel it offered me much either.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    While playing a game of risk I had a camancho triple maduro toro. Good smoke, loved the aroma, hazelnut and vanilla! Only thing was it went out 3 times. Perhaps it was that I had it sit too long..
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    While playing a game of risk I had a camancho triple maduro toro. Good smoke, loved the aroma, hazelnut and vanilla! Only thing was it went out 3 times. Perhaps it was that I had it sit too long..
    or your RH is a tad bit too high.
  • Options
    Right now i am enjoying a la aroma de cuba (one of my favorite smokes) its a robusto, the only negative? for some reason this one is having burn issues, the first time i have had them with one of these, its also the first time i have had it in robusto I cant help but wonder if its related
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    It stays between 67-70.. so I don't think that's it. (as far as sit, I meant not in the humi but holding it while lit)
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    No smoking for me for the next few days. I got brutalized by this cold my niece and nephew had. Little bastards! I sooo want to smoke but it'll probably make me sick and I wouldn't be able to taste real well anyways.

I did get a mother of a shipment today though. Got my box of shaggy naturals, 5 pack of shaggy maduro, 5 pack of the RP ren, 5 pack of the Gurkha Warrior and 2 Crest. WOOHOO. Can't wait to try the Warrior, Crest and RP.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    It stays between 67-70.. so I don't think that's it. (as far as sit, I meant not in the humi but holding it while lit)
    I noticed that tendency with a Triple Maduro I had...I tend to smoke those really slow, and they do tend to want to burn out, though in my case it was nothing a couple firm puffs couldn't fix.

Today was a RP Olde World Reserve maduro churchill that came from Jetmech_63, this was the first OWR I've had and I must say I did enjoy it...the sucker burned really, really slow, it took me better than 90 minutes to get through 5.5 inches of it, and it was a good 90 minutes at that. Thanks for that one Vinny, very nice stick.
  • Options
    Nothing tonight-taking a smoke free night-
  • Options
    I decided to go out for another one since it was nice outside, settled on a La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1. This has been probably the most reliable cigar I've had in my relatively short time smoking cigars, it's just fantastic every time and seems to only get better the longer they sleep.
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Just had a legends gray label. A little on the mild side but still a good smoke.
  • Options
    A friend and I had ourselves each a Oliva Master Blends 3 robusto tonight. Was an amazing cigar...reminded me of a Padron anniversary,but I would say it may be a bit stronger than most oliva's and padrons I've smoked.
  • Options
    Just finished an Oliva G Cameroon. Great stick, great price! Started off really sweet and woody with nut tones, developed a bit of leather. Very smooth satisfying smoke at a great everyday price.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    A friend and I had ourselves each a Oliva Master Blends 3 robusto tonight. Was an amazing cigar...reminded me of a Padron anniversary,but I would say it may be a bit stronger than most oliva's and padrons I've smoked.

I had the MB3 a few nights ago - I liked that one also. I have another that I think I will let sit a bit. I smoked the Padron anniversary 64 tonight - it was the maduro. I liked the 26 better but it was the habano wrapper. Someone mentioned here and i agree - the natural is a better fit for these.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Just finished an Oliva G Cameroon. Great stick, great price! Started off really sweet and woody with nut tones, developed a bit of leather. Very smooth satisfying smoke at a great everyday price.

I have had a couple of the special Gs - really small - really good... :)
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    H. Upmann, for me. Lotsa good flavor, perfect burn. These have turned into one of my faves. I'm finding Upmann and Montecristo aren't classics for no reason. These cats know what they're doing.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I noticed that tendency with a Triple Maduro I had...I tend to smoke those really slow, and they do tend to want to burn out, though in my case it was nothing a couple firm puffs couldn't fix.
    i shoulda phrased that better. the RH is to high for a giant freakin oily ass maduro. If the cigar wasnt 100% maduro there would be no issues with the burn at 67% - 70%. But i have a feeling with that cigar it will have problems even as low as 65% RH
  • Options
    Just got in from a local B&M --had some Christmas grab bags made up thrown down on a bottom shelf--- well lookee here -one bag had 2-Anejo #77 SHARKS,2 Anejo #55's and a Anejo churchill for 34.95!!! Another bag was Fuente Don Carlos-A #2,#3,#4,A robusto,a dbl robusto and I think a presidente/ Total of 6 for 48.95. The Anejo's are now with me and the Don Carlos will be if there still there about 5:30 this evening! The only reason I didn,t get the DC's while I was there was I have never smoked one, I have a Don Carlos # 2 resting in my humi but havn't burned one yet, but now regret not picking these up while I was there.....may have to sneak outta work for about 20 minutes as this sounds like too good a deal to pass up.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Hellz, yeah. If you don't like 'em, I'll take them off your hands.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    i shoulda phrased that better. the RH is to high for a giant freakin oily ass maduro. If the cigar wasnt 100% maduro there would be no issues with the burn at 67% - 70%. But i have a feeling with that cigar it will have problems even as low as 65% RH
    Well thanks for that Jozie, though I loved the cigar I hate having to baby it. Kuzi, I highly doubt I'll be trying to get the RH that low but your probably right. I have another one so I'll see what that one does.

I had a Ashton ESG last night and I must say it was really good. I'm not sure what I like better, the VSG or the ESG. The Sun growns I've noticed are hit or miss with me. But this was a Hit, though I wish they were a little cheaper.