Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Same here on Vancouver Island Phoeb's. We have had one snow storm after another this week. We have at least 2 feet on the ground and drifting all over the place from 40 MPH winds. Only the third time in 18 years we are going to have a white Christmas.
    Now today we wake up and it is plus 2 and rising so it will be white AND wet for Christmas.
    Maddy you really would be in heaven today, picture postcard stuff out there.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Same here on Vancouver Island Phoeb's. We have had one snow storm after another this week. We have at least 2 feet on the ground and drifting all over the place from 40 MPH winds. Only the third time in 18 years we are going to have a white Christmas.
    Now today we wake up and it is plus 2 and rising so it will be white AND wet for Christmas.
    Maddy you really would be in heaven today, picture postcard stuff out there.
    Like I said as long as there was a warm place for me to smoke a cigar. I hate cold weather, its beautiful but I hate it.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today... a nub habano. i think im gunna get a few of these and see if i can get some age on em. I bet it will do it some good. ...i mean, it starts from a very good point.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    nub...oliva/nicaragua product...and Kuz likes it. lol

I had an Oliva G Torpedo today at the B&M by work. Nice smoke of course and a nice shop.

I found out the Camacho I had yesterday was the Coyolar Puro. I got in a pass but it was one I had wanted to try. Didn't realize that I got it.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    j0z3r:
    The Padron 3000 is one of my favorite cigar gmill, hope you enjoy it as much as I do, and if you do enjoy it that much, you'll be converted for life.
    I used to smoke those often enough that I bought them by the box. Haven't had one in a long time, though. Hmm.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had me a RP 1990 toro while watching the snow fall. It was mild and creamy, I really do like these guys. Snow is still coming down, apparently a state of emergency has been called in my area.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    phobicsquirrel:
    I had me a RP 1990 toro while watching the snow fall. It was mild and creamy, I really do like these guys. Snow is still coming down, apparently a state of emergency has been called in my area.
    So, that's what Oregon looks like :-)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I don't envy that snowfall phobic. When there is snow, I run far and fast...not that I get snow where I live, but I spent the majority of last winter in the mountains for work and I'll never be happy to see snow again.

Today was a Padron 3000 habano, complemented by a cold wind and impending rainfall...oh boy do I love this time of the year.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Bad Andy:

I had an Oliva G Torpedo today at the B&M by work. Nice smoke of course and a nice shop.

I found out the Camacho I had yesterday was the Coyolar Puro. I got in a pass but it was one I had wanted to try. Didn't realize that I got it.
    i mentioned in another thread that the oliva family seems to be the only nicaraguan that i seem to like.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    yeah, i know...had to mess with ya
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    smoked the padron 3000 at work-it was so cold I don't think I got the full effect-had to smoke faster than I would fike because 7 degrees and wind blowing -was good but i think better if i could concentrate on it and relax--too much going on at work shouldn't hace even lit it
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Bad Andy:

i mentioned in another thread that the oliva family seems to be the only nicaraguan that i seem to like.
    Oddly enough, Oliva cigars are the only Nicaraguan puros I've had that don't taste particularly Nicaraguan...I'm sure that's probably why you like them though, eh? This kinda makes me wonder how they manage to blend Nicaraguan tobacco in such a way that it doesn't taste so predominantly Nicaraguan.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    smoked the padron 3000 at work-it was so cold I don't think I got the full effect-had to smoke faster than I would fike because 7 degrees and wind blowing -was good but i think better if i could concentrate on it and relax--too much going on at work shouldn't hace even lit it

I am sitting in a garage with 2 halide lights pointing at me - listening to Cale/Clapton and smoking a punch... It's 0 out right at the moment...

Nice to know I am not alone... :)
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    Tumbler:
    gmill880:

I am sitting in a garage with 2 halide lights pointing at me - listening to Cale/Clapton and smoking a punch... It's 0 out right at the moment...

:O these temps are why i passed smoking tonight, i just dont seem to enjoy half as much in the cold weather, thankfully christmas eve is supposed to be 50 so i think thats when ill try the oliva v, now the decision is, have it before ruth chris' or after :P
  • Options
    Tumbler:
    gmill880:

Lol, I turned on the two portables in the garage and lit up a RP 1992 robusto (I guess its a RP day). The snow stopped for a while, though I did get to see a large pick-up truck get stuck on the street and it took 4 people to push it out of the snow but then after several feet got stuck again.

On a side note, anyone know why when I open my humi the RH goes down, but when it's closed it goes up to about 73? For the last few weeks I've had a steady 65-68 RH and now this... Any ideas?
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've seen several people smoking Padrons in the last few days and now you all have me wanting one! I love the Padron 3000 Maduro! Probably one of my favorite smokes... I guess I need to hit the shop on my way out of town in the morning...
  • Options
    I smoked a La Herencia Cubana lancero last night. Draw was a little tight but it tasted great.
  • Options

Getting ready to lite up a Cusano Habano LXI- not nearly as cold as yesterday - at about 30 degrees right now compared to 6-7 yesterday

• Options
    I'm not sure what I should smoke tonight. What do you guys think? Don Carlos #2 that has been aging a little over 2 years or a Gurkha Corniche?

Placed another order today. Got myself 10 Ashton VSG Robustos, a Mazo of 6 of the Gurkha Turk, 2 - 5 Packs of the Beast and and 3 LXIII Platinum Torpedos. Now, I am done until the Don Arturo Anniverxario comes out in singles.
  • Options
    I ordered some platinums as well, can't wait to try one!

I had a god of war robusto this morning, it was okay, not a huge fan.
  • Options
    smoked the cusano lxi and later a cheapie cuban aristocrat-cheap but decent smoke- Also got a gift cert for my local work b&m from one of the ladies in my office-stopped tonight and got a fuente don carlos #2 , rocky patel vintage 1992 and a java maduro robusto -a nice little couple of sticks of which i was very apprecative-have never had the don carlos before,what should i expect?
  • Options
    Well I met up with BBC and his father-in-law for a lunch time cigar. Great people those two. I had a RP Edge Sumatra.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I can vouch for maddy. he's good people, he treated my "father in law" to a couple od nice sticks. I had a DPG cuban classic that burned rather nicely and was a great pair after a cup of chili for lunch
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    gmill880:
    smoked the cusano lxi and later a cheapie cuban aristocrat-cheap but decent smoke- Also got a gift cert for my local work b&m from one of the ladies in my office-stopped tonight and got a fuente don carlos #2 , rocky patel vintage 1992 and a java maduro robusto -a nice little couple of sticks of which i was very apprecative-have never had the don carlos before,what should i expect?
    To be buying more soon.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    I had a god of war robusto this morning, it was okay, not a huge fan.

Really, GOW Torpedos are a mainstay in my humi. Tonight i had a Sol Cubano Sumatra. Usually i love these and they dont dissapoint but this one was all over the place. Started off peppery as usual but went in and out of smooth and flavorful to having quite an ammonia edge to it. Probably because i just got a shipment in the mail and havent let them rest" for a bit. Patience Daniel-San!!!
  • Options
    bbc020:
    I can vouch for maddy. he's good people, he treated my "father in law" to a couple od nice sticks. I had a DPG cuban classic that burned rather nicely and was a great pair after a cup of chili for lunch
    Heh, I guess he's not really your father-in-law. Girlfriends stepdad right?
  • Options
    Yesterday was a 2 cigar day. I started with the DOn Carlos #2 that has been aging for over two years. It was fantastic! Then I had the Gurkha Corniche. It was ok. Burn got messed up a little near the middle and it went out a few times. I figured it was infused with cognac but the description didn't say it was. I could taste it and my friends said they could really smell it. I have two more that I will ago for a while and see if they get better. I'm a little smoked out so I doubt I will smoke anything today.
  • Options
    I had a la aurora 1945 series this morning on the way to a job. It was an okay smoke. Seemed to get very hot near the end, so I waited a little longer to puff it, but it burned out. I guess I waited too long. One thing I don't like about smoking small ring cigars..
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    madurofan:
    bbc020:

that he is...but a cool cat none-the-less, not a cigar smoker, but willing to drag my rear down to Greenbrier to meet up with a guy I had only talked to on the net!
  • Options
    bbc020:
    madurofan:
    bbc020:

that he is...but a cool cat none-the-less, not a cigar smoker, but willing to drag my rear down to Greenbrier to meet up with a guy I had only talked to on the net!
    Nice to have someone like that in your corner