Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

ljl 200 post contest

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Wow this thread is reminding me of some really great books that I have read and some that I still need to read. Good way to spend a nice spring day cigar, drink, and a book.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    War and Peace, Tolstoy?
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    minibeezy:
    ljl:
    Some good guesses so far. A couple hints though: 1) You may be a bit "modern" so far. 2) Two prizes....hmm. Feel free to re-guess if you are already on here.

Alright, second guess: JD Salinger, Catcher in the Rye.

Edit: wait, I think I get it now. The above is my choice for favorite book. My choice for favorite author is John Grisham.

Ya?

Interesting...looks like somebody is on to something!
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    if second guesses are allowed I'd say Tom Clancy ~ Hunt for Red Oktober
  • Options
    poypoykingpoypoyking Posts: 55
    Hmmm, favorite book Dumas' Three Musketeers (would have guessed Count of Monte Cristo but someone beat me to it). Favorite author Frank Herbert
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Ok, if we're allowed a 2nd guess....Michael Crichton- Sphere
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    OK... here it is 200 posts and I have 2 winners. Kaspera79 for book on 1984 (right now my favorite is catch 22, but this has always been right up there, animal farm = also an all time great). Bigharpoon for author with Faulkner (I like Bradbury, but so many great titles, light in august, sanctuary, as I lay dying). Thanks to everybody who played, send me those addresses fellas and I'll get you something real nice.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey ... Thanks ljl, a complete quess except it was one of my favorites, many years ago when I read it... Keep posting and stick around a long time, you are a great forum member.
    kas
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    SWEET!!! I've been away from home for a few days and was able to check this morning before work, what a great surprise. Faulkner is one of my favorite authors as well.

Thanks for hosting the competition ljl, I really enjoyed it. PM getting sent.