Options

Gurkha Centurian

2»

Comments

• Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    j0z3r:
    txjayhawk:
    well speak of the Centurian...they are the DD today...I have two resting...anyone care to share how long they feel they should rest? One has been in there since Dec, and the other has been in for a month now.
    I've had better luck resting them for 6 months than with fresh ones. The December one ought to be good for smoking.
    sounds good...thanks for the tips...it is going to hopefully be my passing the "TEXES" test stick.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I couldn't help myself and pulled the trigger on the DD. I look forward to trying this stick again, since the last time I had it I was stilll pretty new to cigars and didn't quite know what I was doing.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    I couldn't help myself and pulled the trigger on the DD. I look forward to trying this stick again, since the last time I had it I was stilll pretty new to cigars and didn't quite know what I was doing.
    +1 I really don't have the money and I just spent a ton (thank god it's payday tomorrow) but it did kinda ruin my trip to a B&M for some singles, this is way better imo
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Yea, I got 2 of the dd's. I like them best at 5 bucks each but not at msrp..
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad to know that these have a notorious draw difficulty that goes away after a while. The centurian I smoked drew awful and I actually put it out. I have two more to try but until then I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on the DD. I think I'll start looking forward to the two I have now instead of dreading them.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    +1 to that. The Centurian may well be my favorite Gurkha, but at $20 each regular price I'd rather smoke a high end Avo which, imo, is just a better cigar all around.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    j0z3r:
    cabinetmaker:
    +1 to that. The Centurian may well be my favorite Gurkha, but at $20 each regular price I'd rather smoke a high end Avo which, imo, is just a better cigar all around.

I am 1-2 with the Centurian. 1 Really good and 1 Really aweful. So basically a homer and a strikeout. I have 1 more that is now in aging mode (more than a year on it) that I will smoke before the summer is over.
    Im not going to risk any more $ until I burn this 3rd one and see how it goes.

• Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I bought a fiver long long ago.... love the shape but have never had any luck with these, just too much of a chore to smoke. Horrible draw, like trying to suck a marble through a cocktail straw, even after using the "poker". There's at least one or two sitting in the bottom of the humi with about two years on them now.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had one last night. burn got wacky after the 1/2 point. Not bad overall, though I feel I have enjoyed others in the past more. still a good stick. But not worth the msrp.
  • Options
    dirtylipsdirtylips Posts: 19

j0z3r:
    cabinetmaker:

Hey j0z3r... Go fu ck yourself.  Hahaha!