Home General Discussion

Padilla Habano Reblended?

Did anyone else get the email about the golf cigars from Ccom today? In the description on the Padilla Habanos, it basically says it is a new blend done by Oliva, and is supposed to be full bodied. Has anyone tried a Habano since Oliva took over?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I got a couple this year and they do taste different.
    Hoping it can stay on top as part of my favorites cause so far I don't like.

You know what, come to think of it It kinda reminds me of the Serie O...

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,961
    That sucks, I used to love the Habano. I think I have one or two left from last year, gotta dig around and find them again, lol.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I htink I only have 1 or 2 of the Habanas left. Might actually be one. I think I just smoked one recently.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I have maybe 10 left and will savor every one of them. In fact, I go on vacation in the middle of June and will have about 4 sticks a day. I'll think I'll bring 7 of them and just have one good week of them. That is one of my favorite sticks. I hope they don't change that much.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Yeah, I read that. My first thought was where should I start to look in order to find a few OLD boxes, just in case I didn't like the NEW ones.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I am curious to try these as I really like the original blend. I have one Habano Artisan left so I guess it stays put for a while, at least until I try the new blend.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,024 ✭✭
    I am a fan of the original, I hope they don't mess it up
  • timbtimb Moderator Posts: 353 mod

I'd be happy to send 5 packs at a nice discount to anyone who wants to compare, contrast, sample, etc. 

The new blend from Oliva is fantastic.  Very impressed with it, and I really liked the Fernandez version!  Bottomline, both are good for you full-bodied fans.

timb:

I'd be happy to send 5 packs at a nice discount to anyone who wants to compare, contrast, sample, etc. 

The new blend from Oliva is fantastic.  Very impressed with it, and I really liked the Fernandez version!  Bottomline, both are good for you full-bodied fans.

You want us to call or e-mail for pricing?
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The habano is a staple in my humidor. I'm a little sad they changed the blend but I think a little testing could be good fun.
    timb:

I'm all ears. (just got my hair cut) :)

How much, where , when?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,961
    laker1963:
    timb:

I'm all ears. (just got my hair cut) :)

How much, where , when?
    We are talking about a 5er of pre-change blend and a 5er of the Oliva blend?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403
    Hmm, may just have to shoot Tim an email. I really like the Fernandez version of the Habano, I wonder if I'll like the Oliva more? This begs for some testing.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    How do you get on The Beard's mailing list?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403
    Hayblet:
    How do you get on The Beard's mailing list?
    Send an email to tblythe at cigar.com, and ask him to put you on his list. I think you are automatically added when you send him an email.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,561
    If you stand in front of a mirror and say His name 5 times, he'll appear behind you and put on the list.
    Call....  email.... smoke signals....  whatever is easiest for you.  5 packs of both blends available at nice discounts!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    How can I tell them apart? I just got some in and don't know which I got. HELP!!!
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Shoot I didnt know that. Supposed to get a 5er of the toros delivered today. I love Olivas but why change a great cigar. I want Padilla habanos not Oliva o's. Hope I got the old blend. Same band on the new ones?

I can assure you the new Padilla Habano is a totally different blend than the Oliva O.  Take a look at your invoice, if the product sku is PHB, it is the old blend.  PHD is the new blend.

If you have an order # I can take a look and let you know which one you received.  Personally I suggest smoking one first, before you know which blend it is.  That way it will be a true taste test! 

Hey Tim. Could you send me a PM about pricing for these samplers, please? Thanks
    All hail the beard, e-mail sent
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    stephen_hannibal:
    I got a couple this year and they do taste different.
    Hoping it can stay on top as part of my favorites cause so far I don't like.

You know what, come to think of it It kinda reminds me of the Serie O...

I never meant to imply they were the same cigar.
    What I did mean however is that the new blend has more of a leathery taste than the last.
    The only cigar I have ever tasted leather in are the 5 VEGAS Relic, and the Oliva Serie O.
    The Relic is all leather while the O has a faint leather that fades in and out of the mix.

I felt that I needed to clarify any confusion my comment may have caused.

• gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    timb:

I can assure you the new Padilla Habano is a totally different blend than the Oliva O.  Take a look at your invoice, if the product sku is PHB, it is the old blend.  PHD is the new blend.

If you have an order # I can take a look and let you know which one you received.  Personally I suggest smoking one first, before you know which blend it is.  That way it will be a true taste test! 

Ok cool I got the original blend as my invoice says phb. Glad I got these when I did if there isnt going to be any around soon. I am now kind of interested to see how the new blend compares. May have to pick some up sometime. Still a bummer they are changing a very good cigar. Im sure if the new blend is better no one will complain.

I hear what you're saying Stephen.  It is leathery, I agree!  To me it is much more flavorful than the Serie O.  Good pick up on the leather!

Laker - for some reason I can't PM. 

I can however send/receive emails.  shoot me an email at service @ cigar.com and I will give you the hook up!

timb:

Laker - for some reason I can't PM. 

I can however send/receive emails.  shoot me an email at service @ cigar.com and I will give you the hook up!

Done Tim.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    timb:

Ok so I didn't get them from CCOM but in my defense I didn't buy them either. Is there a way to tell them apart without an invoice?
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Sandman1am:
    timb:

Ok so I didn't get them from CCOM but in my defense I didn't buy them either. Is there a way to tell them apart without an invoice?
    I got a bunch in a trade recently - no idea where or when they were bought...