Home General Discussion

Padilla Habano Reblended?

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Did anyone else get the email about the golf cigars from Ccom today? In the description on the Padilla Habanos, it basically says it is a new blend done by Oliva, and is supposed to be full bodied. Has anyone tried a Habano since Oliva took over?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I got a couple this year and they do taste different.
    Hoping it can stay on top as part of my favorites cause so far I don't like.

You know what, come to think of it It kinda reminds me of the Serie O...

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    That sucks, I used to love the Habano. I think I have one or two left from last year, gotta dig around and find them again, lol.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I htink I only have 1 or 2 of the Habanas left. Might actually be one. I think I just smoked one recently.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I have maybe 10 left and will savor every one of them. In fact, I go on vacation in the middle of June and will have about 4 sticks a day. I'll think I'll bring 7 of them and just have one good week of them. That is one of my favorite sticks. I hope they don't change that much.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Yeah, I read that. My first thought was where should I start to look in order to find a few OLD boxes, just in case I didn't like the NEW ones.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I am curious to try these as I really like the original blend. I have one Habano Artisan left so I guess it stays put for a while, at least until I try the new blend.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I am a fan of the original, I hope they don't mess it up
  • timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

I'd be happy to send 5 packs at a nice discount to anyone who wants to compare, contrast, sample, etc. 

The new blend from Oliva is fantastic.  Very impressed with it, and I really liked the Fernandez version!  Bottomline, both are good for you full-bodied fans.

timb:

I'd be happy to send 5 packs at a nice discount to anyone who wants to compare, contrast, sample, etc. 

The new blend from Oliva is fantastic.  Very impressed with it, and I really liked the Fernandez version!  Bottomline, both are good for you full-bodied fans.

You want us to call or e-mail for pricing?
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The habano is a staple in my humidor. I'm a little sad they changed the blend but I think a little testing could be good fun.
    timb:

I'm all ears. (just got my hair cut) :)

How much, where , when?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    timb:

I'm all ears. (just got my hair cut) :)

How much, where , when?
    We are talking about a 5er of pre-change blend and a 5er of the Oliva blend?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hmm, may just have to shoot Tim an email. I really like the Fernandez version of the Habano, I wonder if I'll like the Oliva more? This begs for some testing.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    How do you get on The Beard's mailing list?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hayblet:
    How do you get on The Beard's mailing list?
    Send an email to tblythe at cigar.com, and ask him to put you on his list. I think you are automatically added when you send him an email.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    If you stand in front of a mirror and say His name 5 times, he'll appear behind you and put on the list.
    Call....  email.... smoke signals....  whatever is easiest for you.  5 packs of both blends available at nice discounts!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    How can I tell them apart? I just got some in and don't know which I got. HELP!!!
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Shoot I didnt know that. Supposed to get a 5er of the toros delivered today. I love Olivas but why change a great cigar. I want Padilla habanos not Oliva o's. Hope I got the old blend. Same band on the new ones?

I can assure you the new Padilla Habano is a totally different blend than the Oliva O.  Take a look at your invoice, if the product sku is PHB, it is the old blend.  PHD is the new blend.

If you have an order # I can take a look and let you know which one you received.  Personally I suggest smoking one first, before you know which blend it is.  That way it will be a true taste test! 

Hey Tim. Could you send me a PM about pricing for these samplers, please? Thanks
    All hail the beard, e-mail sent
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    stephen_hannibal:
    I got a couple this year and they do taste different.
    Hoping it can stay on top as part of my favorites cause so far I don't like.

You know what, come to think of it It kinda reminds me of the Serie O...

I never meant to imply they were the same cigar.
    What I did mean however is that the new blend has more of a leathery taste than the last.
    The only cigar I have ever tasted leather in are the 5 VEGAS Relic, and the Oliva Serie O.
    The Relic is all leather while the O has a faint leather that fades in and out of the mix.

I felt that I needed to clarify any confusion my comment may have caused.

• gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    timb:

I can assure you the new Padilla Habano is a totally different blend than the Oliva O.  Take a look at your invoice, if the product sku is PHB, it is the old blend.  PHD is the new blend.

If you have an order # I can take a look and let you know which one you received.  Personally I suggest smoking one first, before you know which blend it is.  That way it will be a true taste test! 

Ok cool I got the original blend as my invoice says phb. Glad I got these when I did if there isnt going to be any around soon. I am now kind of interested to see how the new blend compares. May have to pick some up sometime. Still a bummer they are changing a very good cigar. Im sure if the new blend is better no one will complain.

I hear what you're saying Stephen.  It is leathery, I agree!  To me it is much more flavorful than the Serie O.  Good pick up on the leather!

Laker - for some reason I can't PM. 

I can however send/receive emails.  shoot me an email at service @ cigar.com and I will give you the hook up!

timb:

Laker - for some reason I can't PM. 

I can however send/receive emails.  shoot me an email at service @ cigar.com and I will give you the hook up!

Done Tim.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    timb:

Ok so I didn't get them from CCOM but in my defense I didn't buy them either. Is there a way to tell them apart without an invoice?
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Sandman1am:
    timb:

Ok so I didn't get them from CCOM but in my defense I didn't buy them either. Is there a way to tell them apart without an invoice?
    I got a bunch in a trade recently - no idea where or when they were bought...