Home Cigar 101
Options

Cigars and non-alcoholic drinks

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
I've got a bit of a novel question - let's say you're allowed to smoke cigars all day long, but you need your wits about you. This means that you can't have any alcoholic drinks with your cigars. Which drinks pair well with cigars?

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Coffee, Various non-fruity Tea.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Arizona Diet Green Tea goes awesome with Connies, try out Peace Tea Ceylon too, it has a very clean taste, not too sweet.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    DrPepper and of course coffee
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Dr. Pepper, coffee, tea, water. I've found that these will go well with just about any cigar. Dr. Pepper goes especially well with habanos. Water is perfect because it doesn't have flavoring, so it helps you taste nothing but the cigar. The rest just make the flavors of the cigar pop a little more.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    DP is very nice with cigars of any type, connies though not as much but still good. I prefer the DP with "real sugar" but I think that's just a limited thing. Some coffee is good and of course tea of the non flavored variety. water works okay as well.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    My preferences in non-alcoholic drinks with my cigars include: milk, coffee, iced tea, and DR Pepper... good stuff!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    DP is very nice with cigars of any type, connies though not as much but still good. I prefer the DP with "real sugar" but I think that's just a limited thing. Some coffee is good and of course tea of the non flavored variety. water works okay as well.
    The DP made with "real sugar" is the one out of Dublin Texas, it is not a "limited time" thing as the Dublin plant never changed to using artifical sweetner. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Coca-cola

NOT pepsi. ever
  • Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Italian Cream Soda is the GOD of non-alcoholic beverages.
  • Options
    DHawkDHawk Posts: 45
    I like diet Mt. Dew myself followed by diet Dr. Pepper and diet Coke.
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    If its not coffee I will usually have a Sprite or 7up. But you can never go wrong with plain old water.
  • Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    I'm tellin ya, everyone should try an Italian Cream Soda. Club soda, flavoring syrup of your choice, and half n half. Best drink ever!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    phobicsquirrel:
    The DP made with "real sugar" is the one out of Dublin Texas, it is not a "limited time" thing as the Dublin plant never changed to using artifical sweetner. Hope this helps.
    ah, good to know. I wish they would become the norm.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I truly LOVE a good cigar that goes with Chocolate Milk
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    bandyt09:
    phobicsquirrel:
    ah, good to know. I wish they would become the norm.
    I used to live 20 miles from Dublin, they only sold Dublin dp's everywhere. You'd be surprised how totally burned out you can get when that's all you drink. After I moved, I didn't drink dp's for years.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Coke, Dr. Pepper, and those Starbucks coffees that are in the glass bottles. Any of them work for me. I usually like cold drinks with a cigar.
  • Options
    gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    kuzi16:
    Coca-cola

NOT pepsi. ever
    Peach tea. Or Pepsi,

NOT Coke. Ever. :-)

• Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I usually just drink water, especially when I'm test driving a stick. But I also like Coke Zero and Diet DP. Coffee is good, but I mostly smoke at night so rarely get to mix it with cigars.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    Don't forget Tang!
  • Options
    Duder2:
    I usually just drink water, especially when I'm test driving a stick. But I also like Coke Zero and Diet DP. Coffee is good, but I mostly smoke at night so rarely get to mix it with cigars.
    Test driving a stick! TMI!
  • Options
    Duder2:
    Test driving a stick! TMI!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    gdsim1:
    kuzi16:
    Coca-cola

NOT pepsi. ever
    Peach tea. Or Pepsi,

gross. it like i dont even know you anymore.

i dont mind pepsi on its own. but i hate it with a cigar for some reason.
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Sweet tea, coffee, water.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Diet Coke here.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Coffee,Hot Chocolate, Water, Fresca
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    whoa whoa whoa, when did all this Dr. Pepper craze start? I never read that before and I'll have to try it. I personally prefer Coffee, certain flavors of gatorade, and iced green tea. I don't really like carbonation with my stogies, but will dr. pepper a try since everyone seems to be on board with that.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Arizona sweet tea
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    I like a cola or coffee. Both the DP and fresca have me intrigued.
  • Options
    gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    kuzi16:
    gdsim1:
    kuzi16:
    Coca-cola

NOT pepsi. ever
    Peach tea. Or Pepsi,

gross. it like i dont even know you anymore.

i dont mind pepsi on its own. but i hate it with a cigar for some reason.
    I have to admit, Pepsi does go better with a medium-full stick because it is so sweet. Mild and some mediums is where the sweet tea comes into play.

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    It's funny, a guy who works at my local B&M told me about pairing Dr. Pepper with cigars. He said he knew it sounded crazy but said I should try it. I finally tried it about a month ago and he was right - I think it's great with a habano or maddie (haven't tried a connie yet).

Other than that, I like coffee or ginger beer. I normally smoke in the evenings so to be honest, my cigars are usually accompanied by an 'adult' beverage!