Home Cigar 101
Options

Cigars and non-alcoholic drinks

2»

Comments

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    mrpillow:
    I'm tellin ya, everyone should try an Italian Cream Soda. Club soda, flavoring syrup of your choice, and half n half. Best drink ever!
    That sounds intruiging - I'm definitely going to give it a try!

Oh yeah, I also meant to ask -- some of you really like milk with a cigar?!?! I don't know, that just sounds kinda gross to me.
  • Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    Matt Marvel:
    Dr. Pepper, coffee, tea, water. I've found that these will go well with just about any cigar. Dr. Pepper goes especially well with habanos. Water is perfect because it doesn't have flavoring, so it helps you taste nothing but the cigar. The rest just make the flavors of the cigar pop a little more.
    gotta love the fellow BOTL from texas...every texan drinks DP with everything!!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Dr. Pepper goes so good with stuff because it has 23 flavors. I hate Pepsi. The only thing I can think of worse than drinking a Pepsi would be pairing a Pepsi with a Sol Cubano Artisan. Licking just one dog's ass to get that taste outta my mouth would be an exercise in futility....
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Dr. Pepper goes so good with stuff because it has 23 flavors. I hate Pepsi. The only thing I can think of worse than drinking a Pepsi would be pairing a Pepsi with a Sol Cubano Artisan. Licking just one dog's ass to get that taste outta my mouth would be an exercise in futility....
    would that be the Pepsi or the stogie? why hate on the Pepsi? :(
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Hayblet:
    cabinetmaker:
    would that be the Pepsi or the stogie? why hate on the Pepsi? :(
    Because Pepsi is just aweful, in my opinion. SC Artisan is just a very pretty horribly vile tasting stick.
  • Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    See I prefer Pepsi to Coke, and Pibb to Dr Pepper. Coke from a can is also always much worse than coke from a fountain.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    I stick with the diet dew myself.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    personally... when I am not having a Bourbon, i go with a Diet A&W Root Beer...
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I usually drink either water or lemonade if im not drinking an 'adult' beverage.. although one of the best experiences I've had with cigars was while drinking some DP with it.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    aron325aron325 Posts: 158
    diet pepsi or water for me. nvere had any acoholic drinks though with a cigar. only time i have done that i was too drunk to taste it. then again if you dont drink to get drunk then its fine. never really had any brandy, scotch, or any other stuff you could pair them with.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Coffee and ice water.
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Coffee is always good, especially Starbucks. Haven't tried the DP thing yet. I just finished a Hoyo Sabroso accompanied by hot sweet Masala Tea, went very nicely together.
  • Options
    poypoykingpoypoyking Posts: 55
    ironhorse:
    whoa whoa whoa, when did all this Dr. Pepper craze start? I never read that before and I'll have to try it. I personally prefer Coffee, certain flavors of gatorade, and iced green tea. I don't really like carbonation with my stogies, but will dr. pepper a try since everyone seems to be on board with that.
    I really have never found anything that I like drinking with a cigar as much as Dr Pepper. I had my first Dr Pepper and cigar combo 16 years ago, and I have never looked back. There is just so much to taste from the combo. I will have to see if I can find a natural sugar kind to give that a whirl. I can't stand some of the other natural sugar pops that have come out, so the one time I saw it I walked right past it.
  • Options
    DHawkDHawk Posts: 45
    Diet Mt Dew goes good for me but I plan on trying Diet Dr Pepper next ...yes I know they are "diet" but that's what I drink and regular ones are way to sweet now.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Diet dr. pepper is for ****! yes I said it, go a head and flame me... I bite so beware!!!! but it does contain Aspartame so maybe that makes up for it, though it is probably worse for you than regular Dr. Pepper...
  • Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Aspartame metabolizes into formaldehyde in the human digestive system. WOOOO
  • Options
    DNCDNC Posts: 4
    Hays:
    My preferences in non-alcoholic drinks with my cigars include: milk, coffee, iced tea, and DR Pepper... good stuff!
    I know this is a very individual thing, but I too have found milk a good drink with a cigar. It seems an occasional swallow of milk during a cigar kind of erases my pallet and I find I taste the next draw more intensely. I have only done this with low fat milk.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you smoke any kind of cigar with a Dr. Pepper?