Home General Discussion
Options

MOW badge acheived

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Had a MOW Virtue last night and I can't say I was all that impressed. It was OK flavour wise, but after I was done it, I felt like I should go out and smoke a real cigar. It just wasn't fulfilling. Nice looking and well made, burned great, but...5/10
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    What vitola did you have Laker?
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Had a MOW Virtue last night and I can't say I was all that impressed. It was OK flavour wise, but after I was done it, I felt like I should go out and smoke a real cigar. It just wasn't fulfilling. Nice looking and well made, burned great, but...5/10
    I Wasn't impressed all that much with my first one but the 2nd one was much better.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    fla-gypsy:
    laker1963:
    I Wasn't impressed all that much with my first one but the 2nd one was much better.
    For me it was just too mild. Tasty and all, but after I was finished it... I felt like I should go out for a cigar.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    fla-gypsy:
    laker1963:
    For me it was just too mild. Tasty and all, but after I was finished it... I felt like I should go out for a cigar.
    You've been spoiled by fuller bodied cigars! I tend to agree with you on this, the virtue is a nice stick but no way compares to the MOW or Ruination. Then again I suppose MOW needed a lighter cigar.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    fla-gypsy:
    laker1963:
    You've been spoiled by fuller bodied cigars! I tend to agree with you on this, the virtue is a nice stick but no way compares to the MOW or Ruination. Then again I suppose MOW needed a lighter cigar.

Im glad that MOW put out a flavorful cigar that doesnt make you hurl afterward!
    Ha, not that Ive hurled from a ruination, but I like alot of flavor with med body
    This stick delivers that IMO - Well the londres does, the petite figurado was ok.

• Options
    I dunno bout you people but I'd like a triple barber pole with all three wrappers and stuffed with tobacco from the blends... ah that would be tasty.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    phobicsquirrel:
    I dunno bout you people but I'd like a triple barber pole with all three wrappers and stuffed with tobacco from the blends... ah that would be tasty.
    +1
  • Options
    olerob_50+olerob_50+ Posts: 52
    I agree totally,I haven't done the badge deal but so far not a Virtue fan. I really love the others though.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Prolly wouldnt burn correctly.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to get the MoW badge, but alas, no Virtues :( Too expensive for singles. Hopefully, there will be a daily deal or weekend blitz for these.
  • Options
    babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143

The AJ Fernandez Dirty Dozen Sampler is about worth buying just to get the Virtue, considering everything else that's in there.

• Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got the Ruination and the Special Edition resting. Next week I will get the regular MOW and the Virtue. I told the wife today, that the 4th of July is my day to smoke all 4 of the MOW's.
  • Options
    Poker Slob:
    I've got the Ruination and the Special Edition resting. Next week I will get the regular MOW and the Virtue. I told the wife today, that the 4th of July is my day to smoke all 4 of the MOW's.
    Sweet, we need more general awards!!! I'd suggest smoking the virtue first then the mow then the se then the ruination.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    yeah I got all four of the MoW resting for a few weeks...then i light them up and get my badge!
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I might try this next weekend

But can someone enlighten me?

I should be looking to smoke 3 sticks in one day; Virtue, MOW, Ruination? (in that order?)

Or do I have to fit the SE in there somewhere too? I see references to both methodologies in this thread, so I humbly implore the current holders of this presigious honor to educate me on the correct way to proceed.

• Options
    MrMoke:

I should be looking to smoke 3 sticks in one day; Virtue, MOW, Ruination? (in that order?)

Or do I have to fit the SE in there somewhere too? I see references to both methodologies in this thread, so I humbly implore the current holders of this presigious honor to educate me on the correct way to proceed.

Original badge is Virtue, MOW, Ruination. Special forces badge is SE replacing MOW.... not sure what you git if you smoke all 4.....
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Fourtotheflush:
    MrMoke:

Original badge is Virtue, MOW, Ruination. Special forces badge is SE replacing MOW.... not sure what you git if you smoke all 4.....
    I thought the special forces badge was for all 4...
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    since i picked up the se the weathers been *** and i havnt been able to smoke. im just waiting for a good day so i can sit in the garden drinking beer and relaxing, earning my mow badge.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Duder2:
    Fourtotheflush:
    MrMoke:

I thought the special forces badge was for all 4...
    Special forces is for all four. The original badge is MOW, ruination, and virtue. Don't matter what order as long as they are all done in one day. I would go virtue, MOW, and then ruination as to not burn out your pallet too bad :D
  • Options
    JumperJumper Posts: 135
    Ordering my AJ Dirty Dozen sampler in a couple days. Letting the sticks sit in the humidor for a few weeks. And hopefully go for the MoW badge on vacation. Can't wait.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Was going to go for it yesterday, but got an emergency support call and spent six hours sitting in traffic to go 200 miles round trip. Didn't want to waste those cigars while driving, had some others instead. Just got the Virtue mini-solomans, so fully equipped for the task.
  • Options
    A lot of peeps in the "going to do" list, but yet not a lot of accomplishes... BTW you all needs pics of your victory, if not then it never happened, good luck!!!
  • Options
    btw all those who accomplished this and has pics of their victory post it so that I can send you guys a pic to put in your siggy if you want... (though if there isn't an interest in it then I will pass on it..) what do ya all think?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    btw all those who accomplished this and has pics of their victory post it so that I can send you guys a pic to put in your siggy if you want... (though if there isn't an interest in it then I will pass on it..) what do ya all think?
    I like it! Bad thing is that I accidently ran over the memory card of my pics.. It also had the pics of a few trout I caught in Montana :(
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I like it! Bad thing is that I accidently ran over the memory card of my pics.. It also had the pics of a few trout I caught in Montana :(
    I can always redo it!
  • Options
    GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    phobicsquirrel:
    A lot of peeps in the "going to do" list, but yet not a lot of accomplishes... BTW you all needs pics of your victory, if not then it never happened, good luck!!!
    I plan to eventually do it - but All I have atm is the Man O War reg and the Ruination... I bought Kelly's little sampler the other day though so I have a virtue coming... then I need a SE...
  • Options
    Two down, one or two more to go! Smokex the original and ruination back to back. Just need the virtue and maybe the SE before I go to bed. I'll try to post pics tonight.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Alex Williams:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Do it!! :) ill need mine just after the 4th, lol.
  • Options
    So how many people are MoW badge recipients so far? There may be another one tonight :P Just a virtue away. A virtue and an SE from the special forces badge.