Gypsy reporting for duty!
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    fla-gypsy:
    Gypsy reporting for duty!
    Alex signing in!
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    I need to get in on this. Just need to purchase a Virtue and a Runy. Do I get extra rank if the MOW is a 7.5x52 double corona and I nub it? Thats what I have in the humi.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Just finished the challenge for the MoW Badge. Smoked the Original first, then the Ruination back to back. Smoked the Virtue at night. However, because of drama in the household, time ran out during the day for me to smoke the SE for the Special Forces badge. Maybe I'll re-do it later. How's that for a newbie? :P

. Here's the pics:

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Just finished the challenge for the MoW Badge. Smoked the Original first, then the Ruination back to back. Smoked the Virtue at night. However, because of drama in the household, time ran out during the day for me to smoke the SE for the Special Forces badge. Maybe I'll re-do it later. How's that for a newbie? :P

. Here's the pics:

Dude you get a special citation for smoking the original and Ruination back to back and not falling down! You have the metal to be a MOW warrior.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lol, nicely done and pics.
  • Options
    Lol. So what should I put in my signature for the badge? MoW Badge with Citation?
  • Options
    w/ bronze star! for having the kahonies (bronze ones) to go back to back! LOL
  • Options
    Schweet. Maybe we should make a list of badges and citations?

Maybe this?
    MoW Badge = Virtue, Original, Ruination
    MoW SF = Virtue, Original, Ruination, Special Edition

Attachments on Badges:
    Combat Patch = Virtue and Original back to back
    Bronze Star = Original and Ruination back to back
    Silver Star = Virtue, Original, and Ruination back to back
    Ranger Tab = Virtue, Original, Ruination, and SE in one sitting

Gold Star not listed because that's an old Soviet award...damn commies lol
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Y'all be ready for a new recruit! I think I'm going to try this, one day this weekend.

• Options
    I'm going for the RAnger tab this weekend, wish me luck
  • Options
    Nice. Drink lots of water, Joe. So what do you guys think of the citations list so far?
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    So what's it called if I smoke a Ruination with a bunch of whiskeys back to back?
  • Options
    lol...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    bigharpoon:
    So what's it called if I smoke a Ruination with a bunch of whiskeys back to back?
    FUN! Relaxing!
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    fla-gypsy:
    Dude you get a special citation for smoking the original and Ruination back to back and not falling down! You have the metal to be a MOW warrior.
    So, what if I smoke a Ruination, then an original, then another Ruination, then a Virtue? I don't have an SE!!! I gave it away to firetruckguy I think without thinking about it! AHHH crap. HAHA. I plan on doing this saturday if it's not 100 degrees out. It's been MUGGY here in MA the past few days.

Oh hell, I may just smoke 4 Ruinations in a day, with a LFD DL chisel thrown in for good measure. HAHA.
  • Options
    Tonight:

Started a little after 7:00pm with A Virtue
    Then an Original
    Just sitting outside Starbucks finishing the Ruination

Trying to decide if I have the stones to handle an SE as well!

Will post the pics once I get home, don't have the camera USB cable with me.
  • Options
    MrMoke:
    Tonight:

Started a little after 7:00pm with A Virtue
    Then an Original
    Just sitting outside Starbucks finishing the Ruination

Trying to decide if I have the stones to handle an SE as well!

Will post the pics once I get home, don't have the camera USB cable with me.

Said to myself "What the hell, you only live once" and fired up the SE as I nubbed the Ruiny

Will be posting pics shortly

Must say, i really enjoyed the Virtue and Original, the Ruiny and SE arn't as much fun, but it may be cos I'm all tobaccoed up by now!!!!

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Man Michael, you started at 7pm and finished 4 cigars in 4 hours???? That is some serious smoking there man!!

Did you fire up one of those ones you got from the event yesterday??
  • Options
    Actually, I only finished 3 in 4 hours, I only just fired up the SE, I'm guessing it's going to be close to 5 1/2 hours total smoking time to finish all 4.

I havn't had another one of the La Gloria's yet, I was thinking about trying a 653B, one of the freebies I got, to compare that Vitola to the 650 they gave away last night

But that will be tomorrow or Sunday, man I have a hell of a tobacco buxzz on me right now.

• Options
    MrMoke:
    Actually, I only finished 3 in 4 hours, I only just fired up the SE, I'm guessing it's going to be close to 5 1/2 hours total smoking time to finish all 4.

I havn't had another one of the La Gloria's yet, I was thinking about trying a 653B, one of the freebies I got, to compare that Vitola to the 650 they gave away last night

But that will be tomorrow or Sunday, man I have a hell of a tobacco buxzz on me right now.

Still 5 1/2 hours is still crazy for all those cigars! Good luck to ya man!

I havnt lit up the 650 even. Are they selling those at stores now? Also, did you see the CAO Columbian they have now? Kinda pricy IMO..

Good luck again on finishing the SE!
  • Options
    Just trying to finish the SE, tough going now!

I heard about the CAO Columbian last night (maybe it wa you who told me about it ;) ), not smoked or seen one yet.
    Just googled and Serious apparently have them in just shy of $8 for the Robusto, up to $12 for the Belicoso, okay, no wonder Serious have them they were supposedly developed for them!

And .... you either have to buy them singly or by the 50 count Ruida, wouldn't mind trying a handful, maybe I should post a box split here?

• Options
    Well, I managed all four back to back, was originally going for Virtue, Original, Ruiny but then I realised I had an SE in my Herf-a-dor, must have been destiny ;)

He's the proof

The weapons!

Started on the Virtue

Nubbed the Virtue, fired up the Original, going strong.

Now onto the Ruiny, still going strong but starting to get buzzed, at this point I realise I have an SE in my Herf-A-Dor too! The original plan grows.

Now I'm at Starbucks, I need a coffee to wash it all down with!
    The Ruiny gets nubbed and I commit to do the SF, fire up the SE

Finally, mission accomplished!

I'm tired!
    That was some smoking
  • Options
    Well done!
  • Options
    Good smokin Michael! Congrats on the 4 sticks!
  • Options
    Thanks!

I really enjoyed the Virtue and Original. The task itself 'spoilt' the Ruiny and SE, I think I was too tobaccoed up to enjoy fully, but I had to do it, I love a challenge! My stomach is upset this morning and I am feeling like I'm hung over, lol

Shawn, remember at the CAO event on Thursday I suggested doing the MoW badge thing on the Gurkha Empire line, all 6 Empires, "the Emporer's Crown" being awarded on completion? Well you can scratch that idea!!! 4 sticks is tough enough!!! lol.

• Options
    MrMoke:
    Thanks!

I really enjoyed the Virtue and Original. The task itself 'spoilt' the Ruiny and SE, I think I was too tobaccoed up to enjoy fully, but I had to do it, I love a challenge! My stomach is upset this morning and I am feeling like I'm hung over, lol

Shawn, remember at the CAO event on Thursday I suggested doing the MoW badge thing on the Gurkha Empire line, all 6 Empires, "the Emporer's Crown" being awarded on completion? Well you can scratch that idea!!! 4 sticks is tough enough!!! lol.

Yea, I remember and told you there are 6 sticks. Maybe cabinetmaker can do that before noon, but other than that...I dont know who will. lol
  • Options
    MrMoke:
    Thanks!

nice pics there. I've never smoked a cigar that far down to the nub, I can't do it. too hot. btw, I had all 6 of the empires but over a few day period. 6 cigars is a bit too much for me, unless I'm doing poker or something. I'm surprised you could smoke those cigars at hardbucks..
  • Options
    People think I grow the nails on my right hand for playing guitar. But it's really so I can smoke cigars right down to the nub!!!! lol. Actually, I think it's a bad habit I have; I do it all the time, I'm a tightwad - I bought the tobacco and godamit i'm gonna smoke it!! lol

Yup 4 sticks was tough, i don't think I would leven like to do it playing poker, 2 is the most I have smoked previously, without a break.
    I've never had a problem with cigars smokin em outside of hardbucks! You mean how come the tobacco police don't chase me?

• Options
    MrMoke:
    People think I grow the nails on my right hand for playing guitar. But it's really so I can smoke cigars right down to the nub!!!! lol. Actually, I think it's a bad habit I have; I do it all the time, I'm a tightwad - I bought the tobacco and godamit i'm gonna smoke it!! lol

Yup 4 sticks was tough, i don't think I would leven like to do it playing poker, 2 is the most I have smoked previously, without a break.
    I've never had a problem with cigars smokin em outside of hardbucks! You mean how come the tobacco police don't chase me?

lol, looked like you were inside.. hehe. But yeah some people are just aholes, but I also think smokers can be aholes too...