Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mileage Pass - Comes Home!

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Sandman1am:
    ljl:
    I think there was a Pioneer Valley still in the box that left my house back in May!!!
    I don't even know what that is.
    I don't know either. It sounds like something that has been around since Little House on the Praries days. Larry... has that stick got some serious age on it? LMAO
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    laker1963:
    Sandman1am:
    ljl:
    I think there was a Pioneer Valley still in the box that left my house back in May!!!
    I don't know either. It sounds like something that has been around since Little House on the Praries days. Larry... has that stick got some serious age on it? LMAO
    LMAO
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I know if it makes it way out to me in Iraq it will be international!!!
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    ok just got it today Gents and i took and added 4 =p. PM me your addy Larry because the last time we traded you just headed over here haha.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    JSaint:
    ok just got it today Gents and i took and added 4 =p. PM me your addy Larry because the last time we traded you just headed over here haha.

PM sent...
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    laker1963:
    Sandman1am:
    ljl:
    LMAO

That's only funny because I stole from Laura Ingalls Wilder....
  • Options
    ljl:
    Sandman1am:
    laker1963:
    Sandman1am:
    ljl:
    LMAO

That's only funny because I stole from Laura Ingalls Wilder....
    Is that why she was always running in the begining of the show? LMFAO
  • Options
    BUMP!
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Are we coming up on a year that this has been going ?
  • Options
    Check back tonight, it'll be worth it.
  • Options
    Alright gents, the pass has 2 more stops to make. Both of them to service folk that are currently active. In theory (based on their latest reported locations), this pass may circle the globe! I didn't think you would want to wait 2 more months (guessing) for the totals. For now, here are some totals based on 7 months (!)of passes domestically:

Most Miles on a single cigar:
    1) Pioneer Valley 18880 miles (the distance of the entire pass, left my house in Mid May!)
    2) Puros Indios Viejo - 18305 miles
    3) Hoyo De Monterrey - 18274 miles
    *The top two are still in there and will wind up with even more miles!

Least Miles on a single cigar:
    1) DPG Mi Barrio - 31 miles (OK, I did this when I realized Jsaint and I made the shortest pass distance)
    2) Mow Toro - 227 miles
    3) V5 AAA - 227 miles

Avg Miles a stick would travel if involved in the pass: 3555 miles! Good ol' Pioneer Valley and the like helped to bring this total up.

Avg Miles from one BORK to the next on the pass: 899 miles

Total Cigars that wound up being in the pass at one time or another: 73!!! Some went for a good long ride, some made it to the next fella in line, still cool that so many cigars came and went that I never saw!

As a great gift to me some of the extra cool BORKS on the pass decided to drop freebies into an LJL only bag. Some pretty great stuff! I have sneaking suspicions on the Folsom as well as the Tat Red and Black tubes, otherwise your guess is as good as mine. Thanks!:

I got this whole idea when I saw that I stick I had traded traveled one coast to another afterward (I recognized my date label). I know this has been some real fun so far, I can't wait to see if it does circle the globe. As my way of saying thanks, I will be having a little contest. Only guys that were on the pass can play. Believe it or not, I would consider doing this again one day. I need some suggestions on how to make it even better. Best three (as judged by me) suggestions win a prize! Heck I don't even have to use the suggestion, I just have to like it!

Thanks to everyone that took part.
  • Options
    Very Nice ! Good Pass my friend !
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    That's awesome. I was beginning to wonder if it would ever stop traveling. LOL. Thanks for the pass!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    That poor Little Pioneer, Guess he lived up to his name.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    this was a ton of fun, glad I could participate, I would gladly jump on one again should you decide to start another. I think Kaspera said it best with the Pioneer living up to it's name, kinda odd the Puros had almost as many miles, I think I added that one don't really recall since it was forever ago. Thanks for posting the results, wish that SC would have been there when I got the pass forever ago, I know I sent it to krieg to try and beat some kind of holiday weekend, that's all I can remember at the time. Again thanks for doing this.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    kaspera79:
    That poor Little Pioneer, Guess he lived up to his name.

Classic Line here !
  • Options
    ljl:
    Alright gents, the pass has 2 more stops to make. Both of them to service folk that are currently active. In theory (based on their latest reported locations), this pass may circle the globe! I didn't think you would want to wait 2 more months (guessing) for the totals. For now, here are some totals based on 7 months (!)of passes domestically:

Most Miles on a single cigar:
    1) Pioneer Valley 18880 miles (the distance of the entire pass, left my house in Mid May!)
    2) Puros Indios Viejo - 18305 miles
    3) Hoyo De Monterrey - 18274 miles
    *The top two are still in there and will wind up with even more miles!

Least Miles on a single cigar:
    1) DPG Mi Barrio - 31 miles (OK, I did this when I realized Jsaint and I made the shortest pass distance)
    2) Mow Toro - 227 miles
    3) V5 AAA - 227 miles

Avg Miles a stick would travel if involved in the pass: 3555 miles! Good ol' Pioneer Valley and the like helped to bring this total up.

Avg Miles from one BORK to the next on the pass: 899 miles

Total Cigars that wound up being in the pass at one time or another: 73!!! Some went for a good long ride, some made it to the next fella in line, still cool that so many cigars came and went that I never saw!

As a great gift to me some of the extra cool BORKS on the pass decided to drop freebies into an LJL only bag. Some pretty great stuff! I have sneaking suspicions on the Folsom as well as the Tat Red and Black tubes, otherwise your guess is as good as mine. Thanks!:

I got this whole idea when I saw that I stick I had traded traveled one coast to another afterward (I recognized my date label). I know this has been some real fun so far, I can't wait to see if it does circle the globe. As my way of saying thanks, I will be having a little contest. Only guys that were on the pass can play. Believe it or not, I would consider doing this again one day. I need some suggestions on how to make it even better. Best three (as judged by me) suggestions win a prize! Heck I don't even have to use the suggestion, I just have to like it!

Thanks LJL ... This is Amazing! If that Box and Sticks could talk....... Hays and I made our Pass in a Petes Coffee Parking Lot... LOL Ill jumo in another one of these again for sure.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Thanks LJL ... This is Amazing! If that Box and Sticks could talk....... Hays and I made our Pass in a Petes Coffee Parking Lot... LOL Ill jumo in another one of these again for sure.
    Amen! This was an excellent idea LJL, and thanks for including me. I think its pretty cool that some of the sticks in the "LJL only" bag came to you with SEVEN MONTHS on em! Hope you enjoy them, as you certainly deserve them (and everything that came back to you in the pass) for coming up with such a great pass!

• Options
    ljl:
    As my way of saying thanks, I will be having a little contest. Only guys that were on the pass can play. Believe it or not, I would consider doing this again one day. I need some suggestions on how to make it even better. Best three (as judged by me) suggestions win a prize! Heck I don't even have to use the suggestion, I just have to like it!

Don't forget the part above. Best three suggestions win a prize!
  • Options
    amazing game. loved it.talked about it to all my cigar buddies....told them that one cigar travelled 17,000 miles.....thats insane... thanks again... ill think of any siuggs and pass it back to you have a great week stav
  • Options
    So I was thinking about it and some of these ideas to make the pass better may not have exactly been all mine but then again it doesn't say they have to be my ideas. Just hoping to make each pass a little better.

1) Tupperware to house/ship the sticks in. This will protect the sticks.

2) Humidification, beads in tubos. This pass was going for 10 months?

3) For better tracking miles purposes use the same program on computer as some will give different mileage. Make sure to use addresses not just cities this will prove to be more accurate

4) Type written pages with cigars in pass & directions/rules for pass. This will help with reading chicken scratch because my hand writing sucks. I guess someone with good hand writing could fill out form or miles for me ;)

5) Page with next anticipated destination maybe with addresses under each person's name. Subject to change as things come up but at least have an idea of whos next. This takes guess work out of who is sup to be next. Give them a couple 2 days to respond on forum. If they don't respond move to next name on list. This will keep pass moving and hopefully avoid the large stall out that we had. The person who is sending it out crosses out the persons name who they are sending the package to.

6) Everyone took & left 2 or 3 sticks. There should be enough spaces on the forms to add sticks by each participant. There should also be enough spaces for the sticks mileage to make it back to the starting location.

7) Whoever takes the stick tallies the mileage but also puts their name next to the stick that they took. This keeps people honest. Maybe even give everyone a colored pen designation ???

8) This package grew pretty big by the end because of all the added sticks and I think that one of the boxes was damaged. It would be nice if the same box or same size box was used so the next person in the pass would have an idea of what shipping would be.

That's all I have for now but as I come up with more I may add or edit to this post.
  • Options
    Gotta say, Sandy's walking away with the contest right now. I'll give everybody a week.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Epic pass, ljl. I really enjoyed this. All of Tony's ideas are geat. The only thing I can think of to add would be that people have to post pics along the way. Also, we could use Google docs and make an online spread sheet that everyone can log on to and update the list.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    ljl:
    Gotta say, Sandy's walking away with the contest right now. I'll give everybody a week.

Whats Happening? Are we starting another Mileage Pass? Loved this one Im in if we are?
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    ljl:

Whats Happening? Are we starting another Mileage Pass? Loved this one Im in if we are?

Since this pass is over, I'm running a contest for those that were a part of it. Basically I'm looking for suggestions on the next pass (to make it better)- I don't know when that will be yet.
  • Options
    aaaaahhhhhh I rewad that but didnt get what Sandy was posting I guess.. LOL
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Epic pass, ljl. I really enjoyed this. All of Tony's ideas are geat. The only thing I can think of to add would be that people have to post pics along the way. Also, we could use Google docs and make an online spread sheet that everyone can log on to and update the list.
    Marty I'm still not up on how to post pics on this forum and yes I know there is a page I can look @ to help me out but that would take me hours!!! LOL I do however really like the idea of the online spread sheet. It would be a great way to follow all of the sticks. I was really curious to see how long the sticks I threw in went.....guessing probably not far....Don't know if I mentioned that in my other post about when someone adds a stick they put their name on the list as adding it.
  • Options
    Bump, guys on the pass - you can still get in on the contest until 9/16.
  • Options
    yeah this was a lot of fun and glad I was a part of it. Thanks !
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Update: Got the pass today! Brudda dis is mean! Gonna get this done tonight and off to welder! We adding some serious miles on this leg, boy! Game on!