Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    OH!!! *** it's gotta be Heavy Rain!
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    nope... hmmm... this game is considered by many to be the best game ever made for this genre
  • Options
    This game came out in 2009 and has been released in a Game of the Year edition
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Somebody HAS to get this! C'mon gamers! ;)
  • Options
    uncharted 2?
  • Options
    Mirror's Edge?
  • Options
    nope... let's see... they are making another one and apparently it will be the last time that a particular actor will ever do the voice of one of the characters
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Batman: Arkham Asylum

Also, Mark Hamill said the same thing last time. Hopefully it's just a money issue because he has a God given talent to do that voice.
  • Options
    DING DING DING!!! WINNER WINNER...

Yeah, Mark Hamill does a nice reading as one of the characters on World War Z audiobook

PM me your info!
  • Options
    Alrighty, pm sent.
  • Options
    Ok, I guess I need to pose a question, so along the same lines here it is:

I'm thinking of a video game. It's the first video game I ever played.

Hint #1: I was born in 1978.
  • Options
    Pitfall?
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    Ok, I guess I need to pose a question, so along the same lines here it is:

I'm thinking of a video game. It's the first video game I ever played.

Hint #1: I was born in 1978.
    Duck Hunt?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    No to both guesses so far.

Hint #2: Though it was available on mulitple platforms, I played it on an IBM 8086. (IBM's first PC)
  • Options
    Oregon Trail?
  • Options
    Pacman?
  • Options
    Good guesses, but no.

Hint #3: This game has no graphics.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    PONG.... the good ole Ping Pong Game! My first for sure!
  • Options
    Ack, I never played text-only games. Was Carmen Sandiego text when it started? Might as well make that my guess.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Love these games asteroids
  • Options
    No to all of the above guesses.
    Ken Light:
    Ack, I never played text-only games. Was Carmen Sandiego text when it started? Might as well make that my guess.
    That's a good question, and I don't know. The version of Carmen I played (on the same system) had graphics, albeit very crude though.

Hint #4: The game I am thinking of is the first in a trilogy. There have since been many spin-offs and alternate versions as well.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I'm pretty sure CS started out with a graphics based version (the first one I played did at least). Graphics based meaning it would show you a picture above the text.

While I'm not participating in the guessing, knowing the answers to these last two questions (TBH I'm only 95% sure on this one) have defintely reaffirmed my geek cred ;)

Again I say to the fellow gamers: C'mon!
  • Options
    Doro, if you wouldn't mind shoot me a pm with what you think it is. I won't count it as a guess if you don't want. In my opinion the last two are dead giveaways, but then I already know the answer. =)
  • Options
    Russ55:
    Doro, if you wouldn't mind shoot me a pm with what you think it is. I won't count it as a guess if you don't want. In my opinion the last two are dead giveaways, but then I already know the answer. =)
    I'm sure I could Google it from those clues, but that's not fair. I'll step aside and let a true gamer take this one down.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Russ55:
    I'm sure I could Google it from those clues, but that's not fair. I'll step aside and let a true gamer take this one down.
    Yeah, I think so too, but I actually gave my clues out thinking that's what people would be doing anyway.
  • Options
    Ok, time for another hint.

Hint #5: There is another game, one that many of you play and is quite popular now, released in 2010, that has a full, playable version of the game I am thinking of located inside it.
  • Options
    Last hint then I'm giving up on this one.

Hint #6: Call of Duty: Black Ops players should read Hint #5.
  • Options
    i have no clue...lol
  • Options
    Alrighty. Looks like I need to pick something less hardcore. Also looks like the black ops players haven't explored their game much, assuming they even looked at this thread in the first place. =). I'll post up a new trivia question as soon as I think of one.
  • Options
    Ok, new question. Time to get this game moving again.

I'm thinking of a number. It's a positive number and a mathematical constant.