Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'm really sorry about this guys, but some very unexpected things came up at work today, and I may be out in the field 24 hours a day for the next 3-4 days. I'll post up my last clues, and whoever gets it first will get the pack. If no one gets the answer right, whoever is closest will get the pack, and the next time I'm on, I'll update the thread and let everyone know who won. I probably won't get the pack out in the mail until Monday, but I will make up for it with a nice pack. Sorry again.

Here is a recap and the final clues:
    alienmisprint:
    Ok, to recap:

alienmisprint:
    My wife went down to Lake Charles today. I asked her to pick me up three cigars from the B&M there. What are the three cigars?

And a bonus question, if you get this one right, I'll throw a really nice bonus stick in there:

Did my wife bring back the right cigars?

Hint 1: two of the three are the same cigar
    Next hint: I've never had the single cigar before, it is one I just wanted to try
    Next hint: Neither of these cigars are available for regular purchase on Ccom (not sure about in samplers, special deals, etc, but you can't just go to the brands page and find them).
    And next hint: The single cigar has an Ecuadorian grown Connecticut wrapper, the two other cigars have Nicaraguan grown Cafe Colorado wrappers......
    Final clues: The brand of the two sticks has been named twice.

The cigar that there are two of is on my favorites list, the single is not.

The brand of the single name has not been named at all.

The single cigar has a white and gold band.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Single---Rocky Patel Vintage 1999.......2---Illusione.======she got em right.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Single - - Camacho Connecticut 2 --- Illusione and she got them right.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Brandon is the winner. And yes, she did indeed bring back the right cigars, and in the right sizes nonetheless. Two Illusione MJ 12s and a Camacho Connecticut Toro. I have your addy Brandon, unless it has changed in the past few months. If you have anything you've been wanting to try, let me know. And I think I have the perfect bonus stick for you, but the pack won't go out until Monday morning, again, I apologize, work is crazy right now.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Nice pick on the Camacho Connecticut Tony, I was gifted one a while back and I enjoyed the heck out of it...need to get some more. They really worked some magic on the idea of a Connecticut cigar.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Brandon is the winner. And yes, she did indeed bring back the right cigars, and in the right sizes nonetheless. Two Illusione MJ 12s and a Camacho Connecticut Toro. I have your addy Brandon, unless it has changed in the past few months. If you have anything you've been wanting to try, let me know. And I think I have the perfect bonus stick for you, but the pack won't go out until Monday morning, again, I apologize, work is crazy right now.
    that's cool tony take your time, I'll shoot you a pm with my address just to make sure. I'm in the midst of a move right now. Thanks again tony. I agree that the Camacho Connecticut is a winner.

I will try to have a trivia question up tomorrow
  • Options
    Ok, I owe a trivia question. I got an email last night from a cigar shop I stop into when I'm out on the road. They rarely ever have events, but this email was for an event that I will be in the area for and plan to stop in to. The question is what cigar/s are being featured at this event?

hint: This is not a really well known cigar producer...prolly more known for another tobacco product
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    ACID
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    bbc020:
    Ok, I owe a trivia question. I got an email last night from a cigar shop I stop into when I'm out on the road. They rarely ever have events, but this email was for an event that I will be in the area for and plan to stop in to. The question is what cigar/s are being featured at this event?

hint: This is not a really well known cigar producer...prolly more known for another tobacco product
    This name is more synonymous with pipes than cigars.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'm going to guess the Savinelli Rico y Raro Serie Y.
  • Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Captain Black?
  • Options
    bbc020:
    bbc020:

This name is more synonymous with pipes than cigars.
    This pipe maker is an American pipe maker that produces only a small number of pipes each year now.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I will go out on a limb and guess American Smoking Pipe Co
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    american spirit
  • Options
    good guesses, but this particular answer is referring to a man who carved pipes for many years, his pipes fetch some high prices in the estate pipes I've seen for sale.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    ELLIOT NACHWALTER
  • Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Christie's House of Pipes & Cigars ?
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Steve weiner
  • Options
    I've only seen these cigars on sale at this particular shop in Newark, OH....the one where the event is being held

(hint: you could call that shop and ask them)
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    You have a pm...I can't play this game yet
  • Options
    Well I don't know if I can play this game or not, you guys decide. I am on the good traders list, but I only have one trade, so not sure how many I need to have. If I can play I already pm'ed my answer, if not I pmed my answer and I'm sticking my tongue out at all of you
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Hey Bob ..... your meet the criteria for the game ..... you need to be on the good traders list and have 25 posts ...... so as per the rules you are all good
  • Options
    my guess is erik nording then, and nording cigars made by rocky patel
  • Options
    Not nordings, but that would be sweet. Nording is from Denmark and I've actually seen nordings for sale at a few shops in Ohio
  • Options
    man I was sure I had it.....that sucks
  • Options
    Butera Cigars by friend.....and quite excited to hear about an event with a smaller maker. Give us the info if you go to it. I would love to try their Vintage Maduro line.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Butera Cigars by friend.....and quite excited to hear about an event with a smaller maker. Give us the info if you go to it. I would love to try their Vintage Maduro line.
    this is it! send me a pm with your info and I'll try to get a package out to you shortly. Unfortunately, it will not have a Butera cigar in there, but I may pick a few up at the event. As long as my schedule permits, I should be able to stop in for a while thursday.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Mike Butera makes a mighty fine cigar. (Good pipe tobaccos, too.) They used to be reasonably available, and I used to smoke a lot of them. By "reasonably available" I mean I could get them at enough different places to price shop. Then they just up and disappeared.

Hope your local event means they're making a comeback, bbc.
  • Options
    No prob BBC, let me know how it goes if you make it. PM sending right now, and I will try to cook up a good question and post later today.
  • Options
    My creativity is shot unfortunately tonight----so, just a general one.....

What was the first car I owned? (ps I hope I didnt post this question before, and if I did I will have to pick another----but I think Im safe)