Home General Discussion
Options

What is your favorite cigar?

I have been trying different sticks left and right lately. Got off work and really wanted a Man o' War. Fired one up as soon as i walked in the door. Every time i blaze a MoW, I love them. SO i wanted to see what everyone else loves. Keep it simple. If you could only have one type of cigar... what would it be and why?

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Gurkha Centurian... Love the balance and the flavor.

• Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    my favorite cigar changes on a week to week/even day to day basis. currently i would have to say my favorite would be the Don Pepin Blue label. just a perfect combination of pepper, complexity, and balance... overwhelmingly smoothe...
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    It's a hard question to answer because for me, one of the most enjoyable aspects of this hobby is that there are so many different ones to try. I don't remember the last time I had the same cigar two days in a row because I'm always reaching for something new. Also, my favorite cigar really depends on the day and what mood I'm feeling. I don't think I can have a cigar that I want to smoke everyday. A "go-to" cigar that I wouldn't mind having a couple of times a week is the Diesel. I'm sure there are other ones.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    As far as a Conn goes im all about the Rocky 99 Vintage...nothing beats it for me....and Maduro im all about the CAO Brazilia...its amazing.. But MoW is my second favorite...I have a few of them, along with a lighter and cutter lol...
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    My favorite mild? MoW Virtue or RP Summer Collection 2008. My favorite full body is MoW Ruination
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    My favorite cigar has been the La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1, fantastic flavor with great balance and just a solid performer. Of course something could usurp that #1 spot, but for now the CC occupies it.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    Oh and the Diesel has rocked my world numerous times over...awesome stick...cant wait to try the new one coming out
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Not one cigar sticks out for me as my #1. I probably have like a top 20 all tied for 1st place. Although there are many high end sticks Ive never had Like Padron Annys and such. Maybe somthing like that could change my mind.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    MOW is up there for me too...... But I'd have to go with GOF Carlito for my favorite, so far. It's not an everyday, but if money were no object, and I could only have one cigar, it would be the GOF. If it came down to price and what I could smoke on a regular basis, it would be the AF Sun Grown Rothschild.......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    lilwing88:
    MOW is up there for me too...... But I'd have to go with GOF Carlito for my favorite, so far. It's not an everyday, but if money were no object, and I could only have one cigar, it would be the GOF. If it came down to price and what I could smoke on a regular basis, it would be the AF Sun Grown Rothschild.......

Decade is #1
    Knocking on the door
    DPG JJ # 2 - Ive only had 1 but it blew me away, I thought it was GREAT
    Oliva V Maduro - See comments on DPG JJ Same deal.

Im sititng on a few decades.
    I just picked up some more JJ's and I have 2 more Oliva V Maduro resting

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Believe it or not...Saint Luis Rey. Smooth with just the right spice and lots of sentimental attachment.
  • Options
    bsjones7bsjones7 Posts: 15
    Can't pick just one. Right now I'm loving illusione 2, ruination, and lfd double ligero chisel
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:

My Fave too, 2nd choice would be LHC Oscuro Fuerete
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I find it impossible to pick one best cigar as it changes frequently. Ruination makes it to top 3 status regular.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    This a toughie... I'd say lfd dl chisel maduro.
    Though putting one cigar above all else is impossible for me. I'd say I have a group of them that would be my favorite though the chisel maddy is one that stands out.
  • Options
    Legal: Padron 3000
    Illegal: PSD4

I do like the Padron anniversary's better, although they're $10+/stick so I exclude them.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Right now it's the Graycliff Double Espresso. The aroma, the subtleties, the size and shape of the vitola, I love this stick.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    GOF Don Carlos, Padron 1964 Anni, AB Tempus, Tat Verocru, MF LB1922, Padilla Dominus... Plenty more.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    CAO Brazilia is my no# 1 smoke
    NUB Habano is my 2nd choice
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    stephen_hannibal:

Have one of these guys resting, intrigued...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Diamondog:
    stephen_hannibal:

Have one of these guys resting, intrigued...

If you get a good stick they are damn tasty. Im 1/2 on these and Ive heard a few folks here mention quality issues with the tricky figurado.

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Welp. My list (like others that have posted) is far too long to pick just one. A few of my "go to" cigars: Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles, LFD Chisel Maduro, Padron 1964 Maduro. Perhaps my most memorable super-premium smoke would be either a Camacho PE or Feunte OpusX.
    j0z3r:
    My favorite cigar has been the La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1, fantastic flavor with great balance and just a solid performer. Of course something could usurp that #1 spot, but for now the CC occupies it.
    I didn't know they made that in the Cameroon. I've had a few of the Natural Oscuro Cabinet (is that the order of the words, lol) and love them! Man, my list is always growing thanks to you, Joe!
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    well like a lot of the guys on here theres more than 1 favorite but ill keep it short: favorite milds are the verdadero organic and the perdomo 10th anny champagne, favorite fulls are the RP Vintage 1990 torp, JdN Antano Machito, CAO Brazilia Gol! and Diesel... by far the best smokes I've had... of course there are so many others... Cusano 18 PM, MoW obviously, soo many others.. I love trying new cigars so I'm sure the list will continue to grow but as of right now these are my favs
  • Options
    MoW, La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte, Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Maduro
  • Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Torano Signature, hands down.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    cant pick a favorite. i like too many different things. different days, different occasions, different cigars.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Right now I've been gravitating to full bodied cigars so the original MOW is at the top of my list. I have a ruination resting that may take it's spot.

Close runner-ups are DPG:CC, Gurkha Sign. 101 Maduro (Only had one but it wowed me. Have another resting to confirm) and 5 Vegas Classic.

Like most of the other folks here my tastes run back and forth and I like a variety of flavors, so it's easy to nail down what my favorite is now, but picking "one and only one" would be a much tougher endeavor.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Can't pick.
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Right now I'm super happy with my Aroma de cuba churchills that have about 2 months on them. a little time really help even these out. Can't wait to see how they do with longer on there.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Carlos Torano Signature and the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet.