Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar of the Month Club

13»

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    madurofan:
    I got my first month last night. I'm not a big Gurkha fan but I'm hoping one or two of these might change my opinion.

Still learnin' here maddy. Did you try any of the Gurkha's yet? What did you think if you have?
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    laker1963:
    madurofan:
    I got my first month last night. I'm not a big Gurkha fan but I'm hoping one or two of these might change my opinion.

Still learnin' here maddy. Did you try any of the Gurkha's yet? What did you think if you have?
    Please return all tray tables to the locked and upright position...
  • Options
    urbino:
    laker1963:
    madurofan:

Please return all tray tables to the locked and upright position...

LOL Something I said?
  • Options
    Sort of a running joke. Maddy and kuzi are the house debaters on the subject of Rocky Patel vs. Gurkha. Maddy takes the RP side, kuzi the Gurkha side. Get 'em started and it's ON.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Sort of a running joke. Maddy and kuzi are the house debaters on the subject of Rocky Patel vs. Gurkha. Maddy takes the RP side, kuzi the Gurkha side. Get 'em started and it's ON.
    LOL it is more of a joke at this point than a reality, my issue with Gurkha is what you get for the money. I have smoked a few Gurkha's lately. The Titan if this was a $6 stick it would be in my regular rotation, no way at $25 though, if I can get a deal on it I'll buy them all day. The legend perfecto, was ok, would definetly smoke again but wouldn't go out of my way to buy. The Triple Ligero, I bought a box and I don't buy boxes ... do I need to say any more? The Gurkha Shaggy foot is in my regular rotation.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The G3 is pretty awesome, eh maddy? I liked that one myself, though I was a few too many beers over the threshold of actually enjoying the cigar... I was trying just to hang on to it towards the end... One I'm looking to revisit for sure though.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I was a few too many beers over the threshold of actually enjoying the cigar... I was trying just to hang on to it towards the end...
    Heh. Been there.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    The G3 is pretty awesome, eh maddy? I liked that one myself, though I was a few too many beers over the threshold of actually enjoying the cigar... I was trying just to hang on to it towards the end... One I'm looking to revisit for sure though.

The G3 is amazing. I'll have to try it with enough beer to impair holding though...

I just got my Gurkha COTM starter too. Yeah! Now I'm looking forward to the surprise factor in the coming months...
  • Options
    MaduroScott:
    j0z3r:

The G3 is amazing. I'll have to try it with enough beer to impair holding though...
    Well, that's not an experience I'll be looking to repeat...after losing my cigar in the grass, I stumbled over to some rose bushes and urinated and vomited at the same time...lucky I didn't gets prickers in my pecker. :)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Well, that's not an experience I'll be looking to repeat...after losing my cigar in the grass, I stumbled over to some rose bushes and urinated and vomited at the same time
    You vominated.
    j0z3r:
    lucky I didn't gets prickers in my pecker. :)
    Yeee-owch! After wincing, I laughed out loud at this. It reminds me of a "My Name Is Earl" episode in which Earl is running through his neighborhood nekkid, and when the police finally bulldog him on the street, he yells, "Ow! I skinned my pecker!" For some reason that just absolutely slays me.
  • Options
    Love that show, one of the few I'll actually tune in to watch on a weekly basis.
  • Options
    Can't say I've seen much of it. Just happened to catch that one. I can see where it could be addictive, though.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I've only had the Triple Ligero not the G3(although I understand they are the same thing) I do have a G3 resting tho ...
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Anyone else got their cotm order yet this month? According to the tracking info it should be sitting at my house by now... Just wondering if this month was anything to get really excited about?
  • Options
    rusirius:
    Anyone else got their cotm order yet this month? According to the tracking info it should be sitting at my house by now... Just wondering if this month was anything to get really excited about?

Lucky you. I still haven't got my COTMC order from last month. What were they anyway?
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    I won't ruin anyone's surprise with this months selection, but I gotta say I'm very happy with it! I'm looking forward to a couple of 'em!

If anyone WANTS me to spoil the surprise, just PM me and I'll let you know what was in it... ;)
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    rusirius:

Lucky you. I still haven't got my COTMC order from last month. What were they anyway?
    Laker, didn't you just sign up in August? If so, the Gurkha's were your August shipment, and the ones on their way now are the September shipment. Unless you never got the Gurkha welcome package, you're right on track.

I know it's kinda weird how they do it, where you can wait 7 weeks between your first and second month, but thats how its set up.
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    laker1963:
    rusirius:

Laker, didn't you just sign up in August? If so, the Gurkha's were your August shipment, and the ones on their way now are the September shipment. Unless you never got the Gurkha welcome package, you're right on track.

I know it's kinda weird how they do it, where you can wait 7 weeks between your first and second month, but thats how its set up.

YUP that's how Jeff explained it. Thanks Scrambler.
  • Options
    StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    I got my COTM package on 10-2 so today I was expecting my package from Joe so imagine the surprise when I go get the mail and have not only the package from Joe but another package from cigar.com with a duplicate of my COTM only this time I had not received shipping info on it and had never been charged for it. It was almost like christmas came early.
  • Options
    I don't want ot hear it from any of you. I'm in Northern Iraq, I'll get mine sometime next week.
  • Options
    I was really happy with this month's selection. I can't wait until they've rested in the humidor for a couple more days so I can start sampling them. I'm definitely glad I signed up a couple of months ago.
  • Options
    MaduroScott:
    I was really happy with this month's selection. I can't wait until they've rested in the humidor for a couple more days so I can start sampling them. I'm definitely glad I signed up a couple of months ago.

OK man got it, will you just tell me WHAT IT WAS???? LMAO
  • Options
    Does anyone here do the 'double up' deal for the COTMC? I'm wondering if the ten cigars are all different or if it's just two of each. By the name itself I would assume it's the latter, but either way it looks like a good deal to me.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    It's just 2 of each
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    It's just 2 of each
    Thanks, I think I'm 100% decided on joining up.
  • Options
    ebitlerebitler Posts: 57
    I just gave in and joined.  I've yet to try a Gurkha so I'm glad to here the first month is a collection of the forementioned.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    ebitler:
    I just gave in and joined.  I've yet to try a Gurkha so I'm glad to here the first month is a collection of the forementioned.
    You won't be disappointed with the Gurkhas or with the club.
  • Options
    ebitlerebitler Posts: 57
    I'm curious to try a Gurkha Grand Reserve. but c.com is out and I tried two local cigar shops with no luck. I'm hoping c.com gets them soon.