Home General Discussion

Socal BBQ/Herf Sat 7/24

j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
Sat. 7/24, BBQ and Herf at Andre's house in west Hemet. We're meeting around 3-4 pm and will be cooking around 7. We'll need eating accessories, such as plates, utensils, napkins, cups, etc..., so volunteers for an item or two would be appreciated. Side dishes would be welcomed as well, chips, dips, other food items, sodas, byob. And if I can get them down, I'll be making mojitos to help with the heat.

I think most of the people coming already know where/when, but if anyone else is coming or thinks they might come, I can give general directions, though you'd need to find the house, I'll make sure I know the address soon so anyone can PM me.

So we've got a time and a place, now we just need the bodies to fill it. Will bump this thread daily to keep it on the front page.

Comments

• TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    I can bring all of the plates, cups, silverware, napkins, in addition to some carne asada... think I will make some salsa as well... some very hot salsa... my chiles are ripening and they need a good home lol
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If you're gonna bring the tableware, then I'd say someone else should get the meat. I'd be happy to do that, and then maybe we can just split the cost between 2-3 people so nobody is carrying the whole load, but rather being fair and everybody doing something.
    Cool... I wouldn't mind chipping in on the meat as well with some $ as I don't think the tableware will come tgo that much.
    Right on Tim, let's see what it comes to and figure it out from there. Though I don't think the meat will be too much really.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Sat. 7/25
    Just looking for a quick clarification, but 7/25 is a Sunday I think.
    Ha!, right you are Russ...that's what I get for not checking and going off what someone else says. Will fix ASAP.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    As much as I would love to guys, I just can't make it, but I will be thinking of you and having a cigar in your honor that day. Thanks for the invite.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    So how many guys you got goin?
    Jetmech_63:
    So how many guys you got goin?
    6-8 right now, not sure if we'll get any more.
    I'M IN!!!! Just got the blessing, going to be in riverside getting a car anyway. Can't wait! What should I bring ?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I wanna go! Can you move the location to somewhere closer to the east coast? :-)
    I've got family flying in around 4pm that day, so unfortunately I will not be able to make it. Hope you guys have a great time.
    Jetmech_63:
    I'M IN!!!! Just got the blessing, going to be in riverside getting a car anyway. Can't wait! What should I bring ?
    Sweet deal Vinny. I don't think we have anyone bringing soda, so you can bring some of that if you want. I'll be bringing along a decent sized igloo cooler and plenty of ice.
    Killer... always good to meet a BOTL from other parts. This is shaping up to be THE herf of the summer! I will be setting up a specil playlist on my ipod and bringing the blue bomber boombox in case it is needed... and think I will make some mango salsa as well in addition to traditional! Just got sat off confirmed so it's on like donkey kong!!
  • DoubleToroDoubleToro Posts: 58
    Ok, well I tore myself away from work finally and making my grand appearence lol.

Leonard told me to check in, wow, Joe you're next gig is concert promoter or MMA promoter for sure. Thanks for getting all this going, I have been swamped with my work and headaches and really did not have time to participate as much. But it looks like it is rolling. We forgot to invite channel 7 news for taping!! NO no don't do that, low key is my game.

Leoanard told me that Tino is coming, cool amundo. Should be fun, like last week but better. Connie won't be there to spoil us, but we got each other. Russ sorry you cannot make it. We understand and know you got family to tend to, right on bro.

Cool, much thanks to all you guys for being so moitivated to come bye and enjoy the afternoon and evening there.

Tight ashes. Andre
    j0z3r:
    Jetmech_63:
    Sweet deal Vinny. I don't think we have anyone bringing soda, so you can bring some of that if you want. I'll be bringing along a decent sized igloo cooler and plenty of ice.

Looking forward to meeting a new botl. Hope you enjoy yourself, wear your shoes for outside. Later.
    Yo Andre, looks to be shaping up...we got one new recruit, and if we have another BBQ down the line, another BOTL in Irvine may attend provided he doesn't have plans. Should be a good time.
    Can someone PM me the address so i can punch it into the gps Puhleeeeeze.
    j0z3r:
    Yo Andre, looks to be shaping up...we got one new recruit, and if we have another BBQ down the line, another BOTL in Irvine may attend provided he doesn't have plans. Should be a good time.
    If you guys do another one, is there any possibility or desire to start earlier? A lunch barbecue I guess.
    Well that was short lived. I am truly sorry guys but something "naval" came up and i have to work saturday. I Swear i will make it down one day. Again guys i'm sorry, i was really looking forward to it...
    Dang Vinny, I thought we were finally gonna get to herf. Oh well, duty calls and there will hopefully be another time. Until then...
    Getting close... operation salsa starts tomorrow... a good salsa is like a mole... it needs to age... carry on!
  • minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    Damn, I wish I lived closer...
    Damn, 2 pages of banter, pretty good bantering.

Russ sorry you cannot make it and Jetmech also. Russ we can do an earlier one next time sure, it is just the heat factor to ensure we hit the cool side and good shade.

Tomorrow has arrived. Come fully armed with your cigars boys and should be a lot of fun. I am turning off the work world tomorrow for sure. At least one day or one afternoon. I will be there early doing my usual routine.

Sure we will do another one soon, no worries, so plan on it soon. It will be a cookie cutter of this one. *** we could have a woodstock there.....lol.

later guys.
    OK the mango salsa (nuclear hot) is done and I bought two other kinds of fresh salsa. All of the tableware and napkins ect are loaded in my trunk... if there is anything else needed let me know. I will chip in on the cost of the carne for whoever is getting it and I can pick up something else if it is needed (tortillas ect)... might even bring some tequila but I am really lmooking forward to a mohito!
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    DoubleToro:
    Damn, 2 pages of banter, pretty good bantering. Russ sorry you cannot make it and Jetmech also. Russ we can do an earlier one next time sure, it is just the heat factor to ensure we hit the cool side and good shade. Tomorrow has arrived. Come fully armed with your cigars boys and should be a lot of fun. I am turning off the work world tomorrow for sure. At least one day or one afternoon. I will be there early doing my usual routine. Sure we will do another one soon, no worries, so plan on it soon. It will be a cookie cutter of this one. *** we could have a woodstock there.....lol. later guys.
    What, no sorry I can't make it too Andre ?? :)
    TGO:
    OK the mango salsa (nuclear hot) is done and I bought two other kinds of fresh salsa. All of the tableware and napkins ect are loaded in my trunk... if there is anything else needed let me know. I will chip in on the cost of the carne for whoever is getting it and I can pick up something else if it is needed (tortillas ect)... might even bring some tequila but I am really lmooking forward to a mohito!
    Sounds good Tim. In the morning I'm gonna throw together some black bean chipotle dip that ought to give a nice smoky heat counterpart. Been working on the mojito, and while I will be trying something a bit different tomorrow, I'm pleased with the end result...I was going to be bummed if I wasn't able to figure it out in time.

I'm going to be getting some carne asada and probably some pollo asado as well, I was figuring on picking up tortillas also. I think we should be good to go, and anyone who wants to throw me a few bones to share the cost for the meat is more than welcomed to. Wink [;)]
    Just heard from Sam... he may be there as well :)
    Work schedule changed again. Now I'm off saturday but work Sunday so still no dice. It's cool though I'll make it up there one day. Besides me and jef are going to fire up a little cen cal herf action tommorrow. Wife left to big bear tonight so I'm looking forward to some wife-less man time :). Sitting out here with a cao America, a little stranahans bourbon.... Maybe some spam and eggs tomorrow morning. Life is good. Well figure something out one day Joe!
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    OK guys, Tino confirmed that he's going to make it. Just filled the propane tank and getting ready to load up some tables and chairs. I'm going to bring some sodas and some ice. Maybe some homemade Spanish rice. Shaping up to be the herf of the year! See ya later.