Home General Discussion

Socal BBQ/Herf Sat 7/24

2»

Comments

• leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Joe, let me know if you need more mint. I'll bring some.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Thanks Leonard... I think we'll be ok.
    Great day to be alive. Awesome food, good drinks, cigars and company. Got a few pics to upload.

First is the group, minus Andre and yours truly who was behind the camera.

Next up is Andre on his mighty tractor mower.

And finally, check out this big ass ant-looking bug, the pic doesn't do it justice, but it was pretty big.

All in all it was a fun time and I for one would love to do it all again....except next time I will be sure to bring enough rum to make sure I get drink the way I like it and not with some fruity lemon rum.Smile [:)]
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    i think your "ant-looking bug" was a "cow ant", or "cow killer". They're actually a type of wingless wasp if this is the same thing.
    oh yeah, looks like fun too. All the talk had me wanting to buy a plane ticket!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    come to the South East Herf it's in ATL which is cheap to fly to ^ ^
    Hayblet:
    cholmes8310:
    When and where? got a cousin in Villa Rica, that's a trip I could make. I'm moving back to MS on August 27th. So, probably be around October at least before I can make a trip.
    cholmes8310:
    i think your "ant-looking bug" was a "cow ant", or "cow killer". They're actually a type of wingless wasp if this is the same thing.
    It was similar looking, but not quite. I can't remember what the dang thing is, I used to know. Actually looking up some different pictures, I think that's what it is....the red velvet did ring a bell. Good call.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    Hayblet:
    cholmes8310:
    When and where? got a cousin in Villa Rica, that's a trip I could make. I'm moving back to MS on August 27th. So, probably be around October at least before I can make a trip.
    We're doing the herf the last weekend in August :( unless things change which I kind of hope they don't since I put in for the time off already
  • TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    Another great herf today... and we ARE the longest running monthly CCom herf, just sayin :)... it was a stellar event indeed... here are some more pics... image there was a lot of great cigar smoking and ALSO Joe muddling his, now famous, mojitos!!! These mojitos went quick and were a BIG hit!!! image Of course we had some serious music with Jason's bad @ss speaker image We smoked some fantastic cigars! image Once the carne hit the grill it was game on!!! image The hardcore don't go home early!!! image Huge thanks to Andre and all of the BOTL who brought so much to share and were awesome folks to spend the day with sharing good cigars... a Brotherhood indeed!
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Great pics Tim.
    Cool pictures Tim. Can't wait to do this again.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Whats the Lawn tractor for it looks like all you have out there in So Cal is dirt J/K
    Another great herf. Cant wait for the next one. So. Cal. does it again!
  • DoubleToroDoubleToro Posts: 58
    6 months out of the year, the grass or weeds have to be cut, every single week. It grows 6 in per week out there. Many a cigar has been smoked riding that little mower, and most good cigars, not just gar cigars.

Great herf, and special thanks to all the guys. Joe your Mojitos ..........'I am buzzed". I went to bed at 1am, and got up at about 3pm the next day. So back to work shortly Monday is coming. We will do another herf anytime you guys are ready again. Tim, Joe, Leonard, Tino, Jason, Sam and Friend, was real nice and will have you guys over anytime!

Thanks again for hosting Andre. I got home and it was lights out for me, slept a solid 12 hours. That's my indication that I had a good time, that I was completely wiped out. I can't wait for the next one.
    Andre, thanks for hosting the herf of the year. Going to be tough to top that one!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Sounds like a great time! whos who in the pics?

• AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Posts: 406
    I need to go to the next SoCal Herf....im an hour east of San Diego...let me know guys...i'll be there.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    i DO TOO, AND iM ACCROSS THE COUNTRY.

Just keep an eye on the SoCal herf thread. We herf at least once a month, usually in Temecula.