Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Droid for Blackberry CIGARS?

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a new Sprint Android Samsung Moment that I am wanting to trade for a Sprint Blackberry that needs to be new or mint condition. Would even consider trading cigars for a Blackberry or something. All I know is Droid isn't for me and I want my Blackberry back. I know it is a long shot but I though I would try here. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Damn, that was fast. I had the BB pearl and it was a love/hate type thing. I loved to hate it. HTC droid, and just plain love it.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I had the Motorola Droid with Verizon and I absolutely HATED that thing! It was such a POS and Verizon made me so upset while I was trying to deal with all the problems I had with it that I switched to AT&T and now have a Iphone. I am absolutely in love with the Iphone! My only though is 'what was I thinking going with an imitation for so long?!'
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Droid seems like it's the world of work arounds and updates.
    I like how iPhone and iOS are one line of devices. Where as with Droid you have so many hardware software combinations that if something breaks you have to wait for phone specific patches.

• Options
    jsnake:
    I have a new Sprint Android Samsung Moment that I am wanting to trade for a Sprint Blackberry that needs to be new or mint condition. Would even consider trading cigars for a Blackberry or something. All I know is Droid isn't for me and I want my Blackberry back. I know it is a long shot but I though I would try here. Thanks.
    I may be able to get a BB for you. Just so you know everything I get is used, but in like new condition. I'll let you know if I find something worthwhile. Which Blackberry are you looking for?
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I'm interested in seeing how the new BB with touchscreen works out. Can't remember what it's called, but it looks pretty cool. I think it's 4G?
  • Options
    mavmech13:
    jsnake:
    I may be able to get a BB for you. Just so you know everything I get is used, but in like new condition. I'll let you know if I find something worthwhile. Which Blackberry are you looking for?
    If it is like new condition that will work for me. I take really good care of my stuff. I am looking for a Sprint Tour or Sprint Bold. Like I said I can do this phone for trade or some cash and cigars or something. All I know is I hate droid. I already returned my first droid and tried this other and I can't deal with it anymore. I thought my BB was crap but I was wrong.
  • Options
    Luko:
    I'm interested in seeing how the new BB with touchscreen works out. Can't remember what it's called, but it looks pretty cool. I think it's 4G?
    As far as I know Sprint is the only 4g carrier (I could be wrong), that new BB though looks very nice, would be interested to see how well the touch screen works considering it's the first BB with a touch screen. Oh it's called the Torch 9800 BTW :)
  • Options
    Sprint doesn't carry the BB Torch. You can only get it at AT&T.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    Sprint doesn't carry the BB Torch. You can only get it at Verizon.
    AT&T. My useless knowledge of cell phones is very apparent in this thread lol.
  • Options
    Yeah I edited the same time you posted. I need a Sprint phone.
  • Options
    Well now my post makes no sense LOL. Anyway I have Sprint as well, I have just about every phone except a BB. Is there any specific one you were looking for that way if I see it I'll grab it for you.
  • Options
    Yeah a BB Bold (new one with trackpad) or BB Tour with a late 09 or early 10 manufacture date. I don't care if it is a refurb as long as it is like new condition.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    ejenne87:
    I had the Motorola Droid with Verizon and I absolutely HATED that thing! It was such a POS and Verizon made me so upset while I was trying to deal with all the problems I had with it that I switched to AT&T and now have a Iphone. I am absolutely in love with the Iphone! My only though is 'what was I thinking going with an imitation for so long?!'
    It's funny, I've had Verizon for about ten years and never had any problems - all my friends that are on AT&T literally are there because of the iPhone, but they complain non-stop about AT&Ts service and network. They whine about how they want Verizon to have access to the iPhone.

I just grabbed a Droid (my first smart phone) and I absolutely love it. I've never had an iPhone, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I have a hard time coming up with something I would want changed on my new phone.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    ejenne87:
    It's funny, I've had Verizon for about ten years and never had any problems - all my friends that are on AT&T literally are there because of the iPhone, but they complain non-stop about AT&Ts service and network. They whine about how they want Verizon to have access to the iPhone.

I just grabbed a Droid (my first smart phone) and I absolutely love it. I've never had an iPhone, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I have a hard time coming up with something I would want changed on my new phone.
    I love my iPhone, especially love the mobile stogie app, which keeps up with my cigars for me....on the other hand..AT&Ts network is pure garbage. I drop at least 3 or 4 calls a day, ridiculous.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    mavmech13:
    Luko:
    would be interested to see how well the touch screen works considering it's the first BB with a touch screen.
    Um, dude? It's kinda not... Have you not noticed the Storm? Storm 2?
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Droid just isn't for me. I liked for a day or two and I can't stand it now. I want my BB back.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Krieg:
    TatuajeVI:
    ejenne87:

I love my iPhone, especially love the mobile stogie app, which keeps up with my cigars for me....on the other hand..AT&Ts network is pure garbage. I drop at least 3 or 4 calls a day, ridiculous.

ATT Sucks I will NEVER HAVE AN ATT PLAN EVER AGAIN... We are Holding out for thr I Phone for Verizon Now Looking likeit will be Shown to the public in jan and Available in Feb..... I Love my Blackberry Storm Touch Screen... but I really want the iphone apps....... But wait... This is F.U.C.K You Technology... wait 5 minutes it will Change... there is S.H.I.T sitting oin the shelves that will BLOW us AWAY in the Next 2 years .. they just feed this crap to you and suck you into these F.U Plans... itss a RAQUET! LOL Thee is the REALITY on this Crap.
  • Options
    About to head to the Sprint store. Called them and told them I was going to leave so they are having me take certain steps so I can get a Blackberry. We will see if this works. I was going to trade a phone and some serious cigars if anyone here could come up with one. Like I said we will see how this goes.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    jsnake:
    About to head to the Sprint store. Called them and told them I was going to leave so they are having me take certain steps so I can get a Blackberry. We will see if this works. I was going to trade a phone and some serious cigars if anyone here could come up with one. Like I said we will see how this goes.

Did you get that deal?
  • Options
    Hell no. I take my phone in where the Sprint Tech admits to me they have no way to check for defects. They just go by a paper list from the manufacturer and if it isn't on there you are screwed. So she sees first hand the issues and master resets both phones. She loses all of my contacts and breaks my case. I call Sprint back and so far nothing. Supposed to be getting a 9AM call but so far nothing. I hate Verizon and AT&T so IDK what I will do.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I had Sprint for all of a month (not even that) they shut off my service a week and a half before the bill was due.
    Switched to AT&T(cingular) back in 98 and haven't looked back.
    The customer service was night and day.

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Sucks to hear that. I've been with T-Mobile for years and am very happy with their service (tech-wise and customer-wise). My friend has the Droid Incredible (which is basically the Droid with a faster processor) and he's been very happy with it. Most of the reviews I've read had favorable reviews for the Incredible, versus mediocre reviews for the Droid.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Wish I could help you bro, but I've got a 2yr old Curve that's definitely not Mint condition. I'm looking to get the Evo in a few months when my contract expires.

So, if you had an Evo and didn't mind a well loved Blackberry we'd be in business ;)
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    From what I've read, ATT's network problems aren't really because of their infrastructure, but rather, the Iphone is a data hog that's become so popular, their network can't handle the strain (which makes me wonder if Verizon will have any better results when the ATT's exclusivity contract runs out).

• Options
    Spent an hour and 4 transfers on the phone with Sprint. No resolution. Like I told them I leave and have to pay $400 termination fee. So I sell my 2 Droids for $175 each and my wife's old phone and I am out nothing. Switch carriers and problem solved. They are stupid. Just walked into WalMart and a Curve is $15 and the Bold is $149 with contract. Why TF would I pay $300+ for a phone the sell that cheap? Anyways Sprint always asks at the end if you get a survey can you so I took care of you and I told the lady F@#K NO and all of the sudden they are going to try to help me. Talked to management and waiting for a call back to see what they offer. Hell I will pay a reasonable price for a BB.
  • Options
    Hays:
    mavmech13:
    Luko:
    would be interested to see how well the touch screen works considering it's the first BB with a touch screen.
    Um, dude? It's kinda not... Have you not noticed the Storm? Storm 2?
    Oh wow, total brain fart. Color me wrong. Jsnake, good luck getting your phone, if you have been with Sprint for a while try calling retentions. They will pretty much do anything to keep you with Sprint. I'm still trying to get a decent looking BB for you, thus far I have come up a little short.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    sightunseen:
    Sucks to hear that. I've been with T-Mobile for years and am very happy with their service (tech-wise and customer-wise). My friend has the Droid Incredible (which is basically the Droid with a faster processor) and he's been very happy with it. Most of the reviews I've read had favorable reviews for the Incredible, versus mediocre reviews for the Droid.
    I haven't read up on it at all, but does HTC make the Droid for Motorola? Just curious since you mentioned that the two were similar and I've never used a Droid, only my Incredible...which lives up to its name if you ask me.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    sightunseen:
    I haven't read up on it at all, but does HTC make the Droid for Motorola? Just curious since you mentioned that the two were similar and I've never used a Droid, only my Incredible...which lives up to its name if you ask me.
    Motorola made the Droid and HTC made the Droid Incredible. The two have similar names because Lucasfilm licensed the word "Droid" to Verizon (from wikipedia). Apparently a Droid 2 is being released this month.
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    j0z3r:
    sightunseen:
    Motorola made the Droid and HTC made the Droid Incredible. The two have similar names because Lucasfilm licensed the word "Droid" to Verizon (from wikipedia). Apparently a Droid 2 is being released this month.
    ok...I understand that. You had referred to the Droid Incredible as "basically the Droid with a faster processor", which led to my question. Just curious if you knew something I didn't.
  • Options
    Stutter