2»

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    sightunseen:
    j0z3r:
    sightunseen:
    Sucks to hear that. I've been with T-Mobile for years and am very happy with their service (tech-wise and customer-wise). My friend has the Droid Incredible (which is basically the Droid with a faster processor) and he's been very happy with it. Most of the reviews I've read had favorable reviews for the Incredible, versus mediocre reviews for the Droid.
    I haven't read up on it at all, but does HTC make the Droid for Motorola? Just curious since you mentioned that the two were similar and I've never used a Droid, only my Incredible...which lives up to its name if you ask me.
    Motorola made the Droid and HTC made the Droid Incredible. The two have similar names because Lucasfilm licensed the word "Droid" to Verizon (from wikipedia). Apparently a Droid 2 is being released this month.
    ok...I understand that. You had referred to the Droid Incredible as "basically the Droid with a faster processor", which led to my question. Just curious if you knew something I didn't.
    Ok, I misread your question. I was being a little ignorant with my comment that the Incredible was basically a Droid with a faster processor. The reviews I've read really highlighted the faster processor so that stuck in my memory. It was a poor comparison since the phones were made by different companies- they just happened to be released at around the same time

What I have also forgotten is that the Incredible pretty much beats the Droid in every specification (memory, camera, etc) in addition to processing power. The conclusion is, saying the Incredible was "basically a Droid with a faster processor" was a snap judgement on my part.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Lol, no worries. I honestly didn't know as I don't really stay current with phones or any tech gadgets.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    My business is cell phones right now...

Android is operating system (like windows)
    Android has updates or NEWER verisons (right now in circulation it ranges from 1.5 to 2.2)
    The first phone to take off was the MOTOROLA DROID - Touch screen with slide out qwerty keyboard
    This one has everyone abuzz last year for the marketing, now, like KLEENEX everyone thinks all android phones are called "DROID"

There are MANY Android phones now
    MOTOROLA
    Droid
    Droid 2
    Droid X
    HTCDroid Incredible
    EVO
    ARIA
    Samsung
    Intercept
    Vibrant
    EPIC
    Captivate

And these aren't all of them....

Many differences but the biggest screen you can get is 4.3" (but there is a Dell out/coming soon that has a 5" screen)
    The fastest processor is 1Ghz (but there are DUAL CORE phones coming out soon)
    Most Megapixels is 8
    Highest revolution of Camcorder is 720p

Some phones can become a WIFI router, so that you can connect up to 8 devices to it through 802.11b/g/n and use your phones internet connection to gain internet access, Some phones can video chat with other phones, and with Android being open source the possibilities are endless to all the cool stuff you can do!

And this is "Just the Tip" of the iceberg when it comes to phones....

So come by my store and buy one from me!
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:
    TatuajeVI:
    ejenne87:
    I had the Motorola Droid with Verizon and I absolutely HATED that thing! It was such a POS and Verizon made me so upset while I was trying to deal with all the problems I had with it that I switched to AT&T and now have a Iphone. I am absolutely in love with the Iphone! My only though is 'what was I thinking going with an imitation for so long?!'
    It's funny, I've had Verizon for about ten years and never had any problems - all my friends that are on AT&T literally are there because of the iPhone, but they complain non-stop about AT&Ts service and network. They whine about how they want Verizon to have access to the iPhone.

I just grabbed a Droid (my first smart phone) and I absolutely love it. I've never had an iPhone, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I have a hard time coming up with something I would want changed on my new phone.
    I love my iPhone, especially love the mobile stogie app, which keeps up with my cigars for me....on the other hand..AT&Ts network is pure garbage. I drop at least 3 or 4 calls a day, ridiculous.

ATT Sucks I will NEVER HAVE AN ATT PLAN EVER AGAIN... We are Holding out for thr I Phone for Verizon Now Looking likeit will be Shown to the public in jan and Available in Feb..... I Love my Blackberry Storm Touch Screen... but I really want the iphone apps....... But wait... This is F.U.C.K You Technology... wait 5 minutes it will Change... there is S.H.I.T sitting oin the shelves that will BLOW us AWAY in the Next 2 years .. they just feed this crap to you and suck you into these F.U Plans... itss a RAQUET! LOL Thee is the REALITY on this Crap.
    Yeah I've heard amazing things about the Iphone, and horrible things about ATT service. Also, the Iphone isn't very durable. Every single one of my friends who has had one has broken the screen, and I'm not exaggerating.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:

Android has updates or NEWER verisons (right now in circulation it ranges from 1.5 to 2.2)
    The first phone to take off was the MOTOROLA DROID - Touch screen with slide out qwerty keyboard
    This one has everyone abuzz last year for the marketing, now, like KLEENEX everyone thinks all android phones are called "DROID"

MOTOROLA
    Droid
    Droid 2
    Droid X
    HTCDroid Incredible
    EVO
    ARIA
    Samsung
    Intercept
    Vibrant
    EPIC
    Captivate

Many differences but the biggest screen you can get is 4.3" (but there is a Dell out/coming soon that has a 5" screen)
    Most Megapixels is 8

Some phones can become a WIFI router, so that you can connect up to 8 devices to it through 802.11b/g/n and use your phones internet connection to gain internet access, Some phones can video chat with other phones, and with Android being open source the possibilities are endless to all the cool stuff you can do!

Can you get me any kind of deal on a Sprint phone?
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Lasabar:

MOTOROLA
    Droid
    Droid 2
    Droid X
    HTCDroid Incredible
    EVO
    ARIA
    Samsung
    Intercept
    Vibrant
    EPIC
    Captivate

Most Megapixels is 8

Where in WI are you located?
  • Options
    Lasabar:

MOTOROLA
    Droid
    Droid 2
    Droid X
    HTCDroid Incredible
    EVO
    ARIA
    Samsung
    Intercept
    Vibrant
    EPIC
    Captivate

Most Megapixels is 8

• Options
    Lasabar:

MOTOROLA
    Droid
    Droid 2
    Droid X
    HTCDroid Incredible
    EVO
    ARIA
    Samsung
    Intercept
    Vibrant
    EPIC
    Captivate

Most Megapixels is 8

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'm in a suburb just West of Milwaukee (Brookfield)

And YES, if you were to come to my store, I could hook you up with a deal on a Sprint phone... If you ever are around this way, PM and I can definitely hook it up!