Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Glen Beck's Saturday Speech

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
Glen----Go *** yourself.....that is all.

Comments

• Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Such an angry man you are =P
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I say good for Glenn, I hope it's a success!
  • Options
    Dr. King's daughter is speaking now at Glenn's rally - Restoring Honor - .... Funny, I wonder why she's not Al Sharpie? She quoted her father when he spoke about the content of character over the color of skin. That must be why she's at Glenn's rally rather than with Sharpie, she chose content of character over the racist.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    As an "African American" I have to agree with cabi... Rather than try to come to resolution, Sharpton immediately took an us versus them stance.

• Options
    May very well be true....but ultimately the "restoration" being looked for is back to a 40's white male dominated society. Thats what wants to be retored. A black president, hispanic supreme court justices, gay rights, etc. Thats what the teabaggers and restoring America is about----I realize Im wrong, no need to tell me how folks and I dont want to call MLKs daughter a token speaker there----but the overall crowd looks pretty damn white and middle class to me. I myself being white and middle class dont have the stones to think I have any idea what it mustve been like during the civil rights movement...of course I have no political agenda either, two areas Beck and I apparently differ. Take your god, guns, and gold Beck and shove them up your ass, or perhaps someone in that crowd will man up and do it for you.....and yes, I suppose that is hate speech I am spouting, but spout I will.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    "There's a lot we can disagree on but our values and principals can unite us...."

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    May very well be true....but ultimately the "restoration" being looked for is back to a 40's white male dominated society. Thats what wants to be retored. A black president, hispanic supreme court justices, gay rights, etc. Thats what the teabaggers and restoring America is about----I realize Im wrong, no need to tell me how folks and I dont want to call MLKs daughter a token speaker there----but the overall crowd looks pretty damn white and middle class to me. I myself being white and middle class dont have the stones to think I have any idea what it mustve been like during the civil rights movement...of course I have no political agenda either, two areas Beck and I apparently differ. Take your god, guns, and gold Beck and shove them up your ass, or perhaps someone in that crowd will man up and do it for you.....and yes, I suppose that is hate speech I am spouting, but spout I will.
    Sounds like you need to move to Alecbaldwinia.

Maybe white, middle class America isn't as awful and evil as you make it seem?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/26/AR2010082605233.html?nav=hcmoduletmv
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Vulchor:
    but ultimately the "restoration" being looked for is back to a 40's white male dominated society. Thats what wants to be retored. A black president, hispanic supreme court justices, gay rights, etc. . . . I myself being white and middle class dont have the stones to think I have any idea what it mustve been like during the civil rights movement
    "White guilt" is strong with this one

• Options
    xmacro:
    Vulchor:
    but ultimately the "restoration" being looked for is back to a 40's white male dominated society. Thats what wants to be retored. A black president, hispanic supreme court justices, gay rights, etc. . . . I myself being white and middle class dont have the stones to think I have any idea what it mustve been like during the civil rights movement

LMAO!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    xmacro:
    Vulchor:

LMAO!
    It's ironic to hear someone be so intolerant spouting off about someone's supposed intolerance... I've never heard Glenn Beck or any other conservative radio host talk about shoving anything up anyone's ass just because they disagree on politics or social philosophy.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    xmacro:
    Vulchor:

LMAO!
    Seriously, Vulch..... did the Neo-**** Skinheads at your high school give you one too many swirlies, or something?

If I were watching a prime-time television situation comedy, produced by a white-male dominated Hollywood company, and I dare made the observation that the one black male in the cast of characters was a "token" of some sort, I would immediately be charged as a racist. However, when commenting on the demographic make-up of the right, the left always has free reign to comment on the token black guy/girl or the "Uncle Toms" that we so-called racist rich white guys, hide behind......

It's getting old.........
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    I personally like Glen Beck. watch his show alot. dont agree with everything he says , but alot i do.
  • Options
    vegassparky:
    I personally like Glen Beck. watch his show alot. dont agree with everything he says , but alot i do.
    You know, I'm not even a fan of Glenn's. I have my doubts about his sincerity as a conservative. He comes off as kind of a drama-queen sometimes. Plus, he may have killed somebody and there's even a rumor that he's just an actor playing a part. True? I don't know. Regardless, he is right about most of the stuff he spouts from his shows...... I could do without the crying, though.
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    vegassparky:
    You know, I'm not even a fan of Glenn's. I have my doubts about his sincerity as a conservative. He comes off as kind of a drama-queen sometimes. Plus, he may have killed somebody and there's even a rumor that he's just an actor playing a part. True? I don't know. Regardless, he is right about most of the stuff he spouts from his shows...... I could do without the crying, though.
    You do know the story about him killing someone was a joke from a website that got the idea from the Comedy Central roast of Bob Saget right? It was entirely made up as a joke to make fun of him. It was an over the top rumor started to point out his "over the top" tactics on his TV and radio shows.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    lilwing88:
    vegassparky:
    You do know the story about him killing someone was a joke from a website that got the idea from the Comedy Central roast of Bob Saget right? It was entirely made up as a joke to make fun of him. It was an over the top rumor started to point out his "over the top" tactics on his TV and radio shows.
    I should have put in: (I'm being sarcastic)... or an "LOL!"

Yea. I don't really believe those things. Except the crying DOES have to stop...... LOL!
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    PuroFreak:
    lilwing88:
    vegassparky:

Yea. I don't really believe those things. Except the crying DOES have to stop...... LOL!
    lol Ok, just making sure. I've heard people who actually thought it was a legitimate news story. I agree though, I like Beck, but the crying gets old.
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    PuroFreak:
    lilwing88:
    PuroFreak:
    lilwing88:
    vegassparky:

lol Ok, just making sure. I've heard people who actually thought it was a legitimate news story. I agree though, I like Beck, but the crying gets old.
    If it is on tv, it is acting. as far as i am thinking. And if he did off someone, hope its bob saget. ha joke. his show is an attempt to make news entertaining, sometimes not so good. as for being an actor, i think all elected officals are actors. they act like they are there for you till they can screw you
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Glen Beck, like any talking head on Fox News or CNN, has a duty to entertain. If we wanted to hear a boring point of view hashed out in a boring way we would watch C-SPAN. I used to enjoy watching his show, but he sort of went off the deep end in my opinion.
  • Options
    Veru much off the deep end Matt, as once upon a time I at the very least found him interesting...at best a decent show. Now---well Ive said my peace and will likely say no more and leave it to everyone who does like the man and wants to poke fun at me with Yoda type phrases and neonazi comments. Its gotten personal amongst the BOTLs, so Im out.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    mrpillow:
    Such an angry man you are =P
    +1

on that note...
    i could give two **** about his speech. not a big fan of his. dont care to listen. he has the right to free speech and he is exercising that right.

i guess, good for him?
  • Options
    Free speech part I do agree with, infact applaud that we still can in this country. I just wish he wouldnt exercise this right so much without very much worth saying.
  • Options
    babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    I can take or leave Glen Beck...his show isn't on at an inopportune time for me to watch, and if I catch something he says or does, it's purely by accident. To play devil's advocate, though, I don't see why he attracts so much media attention as someone who doesn't create, enforce, or uphold public policy. Same could be said for Rush, Palin, anybody! They're not elected or appointed officials, so why does the media insist on reporting on every little thing they say? Consider today's event--the media continue to criticize it, but darn it if they weren't there covering it! It's almost laughable--I mean, Rush specifically says things that he knows will be taken out of context and calls them his "Media Tweaks of the Week".
    That said, I am curious to know what was said at today's event...I'm definitely interested to see how "off the deep end" I perceived them to be, vs. how "off the deep end" others did/do.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Free speech part I do agree with, infact applaud that we still can in this country. I just wish he wouldnt exercise this right so much without very much worth saying.
    in a way thats the good thing about living in the USA.
    you dont have to like what other people are saying, just respect that they have the right to say as much stupid stuff as they want.

• Options
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:
    you dont have to like what other people are saying, just respect that they have the right to say as much stupid stuff as they want.

A bit off-topic, but I've always been curious. I know you get a lot of your information by reading stuff online, but I was wondering if you listen to any talk radio hosts or watch anyone on any news channels.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:

A bit off-topic, but I've always been curious. I know you get a lot of your information by reading stuff online, but I was wondering if you listen to any talk radio hosts or watch anyone on any news channels.
    me? i used to listen to a bit more talk radio than i do now. the only show that i really listen to (when i can) is Quinn and Rose. they are a bit more local and a tiny bit more libertarian. there is a percentage of material they put out that i disagree with, but nobody agrees with 100% of what anyone says.

a politician once said: if you agree with 80% of what i say then vote for me. if you agree with 100% of what i say then check yourself into a loony bin because its crazy to follow somebody so blindly.

as far as glenn beck himself goes... about 4-5 years ago i liked to listen to him because he was entertaining (even about the goomy stuff), he was honest about his past as a washed up rock DJ and his drinking problem, and he seemed just like an OK guy.
    then the 06 midterm elections happened.
    his transformation began.
    it just seems that everything he says is apocalyptic in nature, he is over the top, and its uncomfortable to listen to.

there is a way that you can disagree with an administration and still talk about it while not giving out the impression that its the end of the world.

he is right on some things he is wrong on others. last time i checked thats called "being human"

• Options
    iduno... been reading about this "get together" that Beck had.

now granted ive only skimmed a few stories, (none of them from Fox news, all of them for decidedly more left leaning news sources) and i dont think i have a problem with this rally.

from what i can gather it really was just a guy standing up and talking about some of the good things in the US, past and present. even the liberals are having a difficult time getting really pissed at it.

the worst thing that i am finding (in under 5 min of looking) is Sharpton saying that the march wont change a thing.

he may or may not be right. time will tell.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I'm not a huge fan of Glen Beck either, but the anti-Beck/Limbaugh/Malkin rage is hilarious coming from the Left.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    iduno... been reading about this "get together" that Beck had.

now granted ive only skimmed a few stories, (none of them from Fox news, all of them for decidedly more left leaning news sources) and i dont think i have a problem with this rally.

from what i can gather it really was just a guy standing up and talking about some of the good things in the US, past and present. even the liberals are having a difficult time getting really pissed at it.

the worst thing that i am finding (in under 5 min of looking) is Sharpton saying that the march wont change a thing.

he may or may not be right. time will tell.
    This is somewhat true, but either you just didn't mention it, or didn't read about it in your sources, but this was also a massive fund raiser for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation which supports the families of Special Ops guys killed and injured. Beck and his efforts raised over $5 million dollar for the SOWF and that to me is the biggest part of the entire thing. If you agree with the guy or not, that was a great thing to help out such a deserving charity.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Matt Marvel:
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:

me? i used to listen to a bit more talk radio than i do now. the only show that i really listen to (when i can) is Quinn and Rose. they are a bit more local and a tiny bit more libertarian. there is a percentage of material they put out that i disagree with, but nobody agrees with 100% of what anyone says.

a politician once said: if you agree with 80% of what i say then vote for me. if you agree with 100% of what i say then check yourself into a loony bin because its crazy to follow somebody so blindly.

as far as glenn beck himself goes... about 4-5 years ago i liked to listen to him because he was entertaining (even about the goomy stuff), he was honest about his past as a washed up rock DJ and his drinking problem, and he seemed just like an OK guy.
    then the 06 midterm elections happened.
    his transformation began.
    it just seems that everything he says is apocalyptic in nature, he is over the top, and its uncomfortable to listen to.

there is a way that you can disagree with an administration and still talk about it while not giving out the impression that its the end of the world.

he is right on some things he is wrong on others. last time i checked thats called "being human"

That pretty much sums up how I feel about Beck. I've tried listening to different programs over a period of time, and none of them resonate with me enough for me to stick with them. You have some interesting viewpoints, and I tend to agree with you on a lot, so I was mostly looking for suggestions I suppose.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    That pretty much sums up how I feel about Beck. I've tried listening to different programs over a period of time, and none of them resonate with me enough for me to stick with them. You have some interesting viewpoints, and I tend to agree with you on a lot, so I was mostly looking for suggestions I suppose.
    one place that i do a bit of reading is The Cato Institute they are a libertarian think tank. there are few things i find myself disagreeing with there. either way its an interesting site.

DownsizeDC.org is also a frequent stop. they are a bit more active and a bit less philosophical than Cato, but i still like the thought behind many of their ideas.

one that i think has a great conversation going from all points of view (not so much conservative though) is The League of Ordinary Gentlemen. there are some very interesting points of view on that site.

the other one that i dont read as much as i used to is Capitalism Magazine, there are a few authors that i like that write in there. some arent as good, but over all im not mad at it.