Comments

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Elton John
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Elton John
    WHAT !! I think Elton is pretty talented, No, this guy did not call the piano his instrument.
  • Options
    ROTFLMAO I know i just saw the Bumo and thought I would stor the Pot.... Elton John IS Talllented. I will give a more educatd guess later
  • Options
    Thanks for clearing that up Ozzie, Anybody that has been in music as long as he has must be doing something right. I read that he started playing piano when he was Three, and his grandmother made him take lessons when he was seven. He hated it. Now with an estimated 265 million dollars in wealth, he is the 322th wealthiest Brit. Those lessons really paid off. Now, who is on the other end of the talent scale. Another hint, this guy is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame despite his lack of talent.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Thanks for clearing that up Ozzie, Anybody that has been in music as long as he has must be doing something right. I read that he started playing piano when he was Three, and his grandmother made him take lessons when he was seven. He hated it. Now with an estimated 265 million dollars in wealth, he is the 322th wealthiest Brit. Those lessons really paid off. Now, who is on the other end of the talent scale. Another hint, this guy is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame despite his lack of talent.

I would Say Bob Dylan
  • Options
    Well Red, Still not right. But, I guess that is a closer guess. His band served an an example of many better bands that followed their style of music.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    No idea, so I'm gonna lob a guess. Buddy Holly. Don't know if he matches the criteria, ie. In the r&r hall of fame.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    No idea, so I'm gonna lob a guess. Buddy Holly. Don't know if he matches the criteria, ie. In the r&r hall of fame.

Jerry Lee Lewis
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Okay, While this person is in fact dead, he died from a heroin overdose.
  • Options
    Jerry Garcia
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Jerry Garcia
    Nope Red.. Jerry died from a heart attack, and in my opinion was a pretty talented gutarist
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dee Dee Ramone?
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Bono from U2. No talent whatsoever.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Jerry Garcia
    Nope Red.. Jerry died from a heart attack, and in my opinion was a pretty talented gutarist

Jerry Actually died from Complications due to a Heroin Overdose in A drug treatment center trying to detox. He was a Talented man who never got a grip on his addiction.
  • Options
    Poker Slob:
    Dee Dee Ramone?
    ...getting warm !
  • Options
    Are we talking Sid Vicious here Kas? Though I'm a bit shy of 24 hours.Wink [;)]
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Are we talking Sid Vicious here Kas?
    Thanks Joe.. That is correct. In fact Sid went to Lemmy from Motorhead with a plea to teach him how to play the bass, and confessed " I can't play" ... Lemmy's reply ..." I know " Lemmy later stated Sid still played bass for **** when he died. . So one night , fueled on speed, and armed with a Ramones album, and a bass guitar " taught" himself how to play. At least to the point he felt comfortable with.
    It was Sid's mother who bought the heroin he used to commit suicide with. He was cremated and his ashes spread over the grave of his long time girlfriend Nancy Spungen's grave.
    Joe, if you have not moved in the past year, I still have your address. The question, What do you get for the guy that has everything ??
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Thanks Joe.. That is correct. In fact Sid went to Lemmy from Motorhead with a plea to teach him how to play the bass, and confessed " I can't play" ... Lemmy's reply ..." I know " Lemmy later stated Sid still played bass for **** when he died. . So one night , fueled on speed, and armed with a Ramones album, and a bass guitar " taught" himself how to play. At least to the point he felt comfortable with.
    It was Sid's mother who bought the heroin he used to commit suicide with. He was cremated and his ashes spread over the grave of his long time girlfriend Nancy Spungen's grave.
    Joe, if you have not moved in the past year, I still have your address. The question, What do you get for the guy that has everything ??
    I can't believe I didn't get it when you mentioned a lack of talent at his instrument, that was one thing I always found interesting about Sid was that even now he's such a noted "musician" (for punk rock fans) and yet he contributed almost nothing to the band that made him famous. I guess personality and on-stage antics can go a long way.

My info is still the same. And to answer your question: cold, hard cash.Smile [:)] You know how I roll Kas, I'm pretty much happy to get whatever I get.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    I can't believe I didn't get it when you mentioned a lack of talent at his instrument, that was one thing I always found interesting about Sid was that even now he's such a noted "musician" (for punk rock fans) and yet he contributed almost nothing to the band that made him famous. I guess personality and on-stage antics can go a long way.

My info is still the same. And to answer your question: cold, hard cash.Smile [:)] You know how I roll Kas, I'm pretty much happy to get whatever I get.

Never mind the Bullocks here come the Sex Pistols.... saw them live Anarchy in the UK..... He in fact attempted sucuide a few times before finally doing it right with the heroin... He actually jumpd in front of a Truck..... LOL thats one hell of a way to try and kill yourself.. Good guess JOE!
  • Options
    Now the downside of guessing correctly, having to come up with my own question.

I'm thinking of a favorite album from a British heavy metal band, in my top five British metal albums. Name for me the band and album and win yourself a prize. Smile [:)]
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Judas Priest Sad Wings of Destiny
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Now the downside of guessing correctly, having to come up with my own question.

I'm thinking of a favorite album from a British heavy metal band, in my top five British metal albums. Name for me the band and album and win yourself a prize. Smile [:)]

Black Sabbath Paranoid
  • Options
    Don't want to give much of a hint yet, but both are good guesses in the right decade.
  • Options
    Kiss Destroyer
  • Options
    Led Zeppilin ZOSO
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe, I took you for an AC/DC fan when I met you so I will say AC/DC Back in Black.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    Joe, I took you for an AC/DC fan when I met you so I will say AC/DC Back in Black.
    While I do like AC/DC, and BIB is a great album, that's not it. And if memory serves, they're Australian, not British. Keep em coming guys. Hint #2, this band is still around with the majority of their best known lineup.
  • Options
    def leapard High and Dry
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Deep Purple .... self titled album??
  • Options
    Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden