Home Non Cigar Related
Options

classic cars

if ya'll had to pick an old classic muscle car to buy rebuild or just have great memories of what is it mine is the 69 gto judge i'v owned 3 of them one stolen 2 utterly destroyed she's my curse car but give me that gto

Comments

• Options
    Love old GTO's. If I was to pick I would probably go with a 67 or 69 Camaro SS
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Not really a muscle car... but a Myer Manx buggy. Have always wanted one of those little cars.

• Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    69 Corvette T top, 427, 4 speed, 4" one piece header/side pipes.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    my dad had a convertible barracuda....that car just went to auction, identical to what he had, and when he found out it collect 700k he was behond sad! lol...but my neighbor has a chevell a few houses over, with a inch of dust collected on top of it, and paint looked great and I think it ran, but its sitting there,so I talked with the gf, and if finances are in order next year he may sell it to me......oh yeah baby....
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    there is only one car that i REALLLLLY want. 1957 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser

255 hp 312-cubic-inch V-8. gas mileage was relatively good.(for the time) MT reported 14.5 mpg at a steady 60 mph and averaged 14.2 mpg over 439 miles. "Seat-O-Matic" memory seat, an electrically retractable rear window for "Breeze-way Ventilation," and twin air intakes at the top corners of the "Skylight Dual-Curve" windshield, each housing a small, horizontal radio antenna. push button "Merc-o-Matic" transmission...
    the car was crazy

...and i love it.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Definitly not a muscle car but a Messerschmitt KR200 or 201 . My father in law used to have one . Rated at 87 mpg which he said his got about 80 mpg. A cool little car I would love to have one .
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Not a muscle car, but my dream car in a '63 Lincoln Continental. Convertable. Black. Someday, someday.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    GT 500 :) or the 350 Hertz
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I have to go with the 1967 Shelby GT500 or a 1969 Chevelle SS with the 454 for muscle but my dream car is a 1937 Ford Roadster.
  • Options
    zanzainzanzain Posts: 17
    oh malibu or ss people scoff at the malibu its basically the same car all you have to do is put different gears and fine tuning then you can blow the doors off any ss was the cuda a push button auto or standard those babies were severely overlooked back then but today just to completly redo one will ruin your bank account suggestion on the paint job on that chevelle its called black cherry pearl understated and beautiful
  • Options
    zanzainzanzain Posts: 17
    my freind in oklahoma hos a 2oo hanging in his garage we have always talked about rebuilding it to put in shows but when it comes down to it it will never be brought down or touched its a shame really would look really good redone that and i'd love to see if my big ol fat rearend could even get into that thing
  • Options
    Heavy:
    Not a muscle car, but my dream car in a '63 Lincoln Continental. Convertable. Black. Someday, someday.
    For the not a muscle car category, I'm with ya on this one! I'd go 65, 4 door, convertible, black on black. Sick cars! My High school counselor was a Lincoln restorer and had a ridiculous 66 4 door convertible, silver on black, with 35,000 original miles on it that was imaculate! The only thing replaced on it was the tires and it was like a museum piece! Needless to say I had to stand back to keep the drool off of it...
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Classic cars? If I knew how to post pictures I would share some from the Woodward Dream Cruise a couple weekends ago. Anyone know how?
  • Options
    Dustin1981:
    I have to go with the 1967 Shelby GT500 or a 1969 Chevelle SS with the 454 for muscle but my dream car is a 1937 Ford Roadster.
    That would have to be a mix and match car, as the Chevelle SS wasn't available with a 454 until 1970. I prefer the SS396 anyhow ;)
  • Options
    zanzain:
    oh malibu or ss people scoff at the malibu its basically the same car all you have to do is put different gears and fine tuning then you can blow the doors off any ss was the cuda a push button auto or standard those babies were severely overlooked back then but today just to completly redo one will ruin your bank account suggestion on the paint job on that chevelle its called black cherry pearl understated and beautiful
    Punctuation and capitalization are your friends.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Duder2:
    Heavy:
    For the not a muscle car category, I'm with ya on this one! I'd go 65, 4 door, convertible, black on black. Sick cars! My High school counselor was a Lincoln restorer and had a ridiculous 66 4 door convertible, silver on black, with 35,000 original miles on it that was imaculate! The only thing replaced on it was the tires and it was like a museum piece! Needless to say I had to stand back to keep the drool off of it...
    Man, that's one hell of a car for a H.S. guidance counselor to drive! I think my H.S guidance counselor drove a tan Chevette.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I appreciate classic muscle, but this is my idea of 'classic' car: 1964 Aston Martin DB4 convertible
    Photobucket
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Very nice, homie. If I were going for something in that genre, I'd have to go Sunbeam Tiger, just because it is all I can think about affording right now and you're looking at performance on par with a 289 Shelby Cobra. Nice ride, bro.
    Hays:
    I appreciate classic muscle, but this is my idea of 'classic' car: 1964 Aston Martin DB4 convertible
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Heavy:
    Duder2:
    Heavy:
    Man, that's one hell of a car for a H.S. guidance counselor to drive! I think my H.S guidance counselor drove a tan Chevette.
    Yeah, he had money outside of his counseling job. Must be nice :^)
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really a muscle car but my first car, at 18, was a 1957 Chevy Bel Air 4 door w/ cherry bomb exhust pipes.........
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    A 69 Yenko Nova.... Basically a nova with upgraded suspension and a strong factory 427. Only about 30 ever built. But I'd settle for a Yenko Camaro too:)
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    A 69 Yenko Nova.... Basically a nova with upgraded suspension and a strong factory 427. Only about 30 ever built. But I'd settle for a Yenko Camaro too:)
    Hell of a car to "settle" for. LMAO.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I want a 1976 corvette stingray with the engine from a 73 sting ray. I would settle for a 71-77 but the motor would need to be from 70-73.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    My first car when I turned 16 (1998) was a 66 chevelle ss396. I sold it cause im an idiot. So I just want it or one like it back.
  • Options
    oh my god some dope just brought in a 69 gtx convertible with a four speed and a 426 hemi oh man i seen him coming with that car on a trailer it felt like i popped two **** and tore thru my zipper complete restoration here i come i don't know where i wanta start tearing the elephant out or stripping the body gonna grab me a chewer a boulevard and some megadeth lol what to do what to do
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Ever seen an original Hemi-Cuda?
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Ever seen an original Hemi-Cuda?
    there is a guy that lives somewhere in my town that has one. every now and again i see it. i stop to drool every time.
  • Options
    t_evan50:
    My first car when I turned 16 (1998) was a 66 chevelle ss396. I sold it cause im an idiot. So I just want it or one like it back.
    My choice is a 72 Chevy Nova. It was my first car when I turned 16 and I still own it because of all the statements I hear like this one. When I was still in high school, my buddies dads would talk for ever about their first cars....I decided then to keep this one forever.
  • Options
    shawtd:
    t_evan50:
    My choice is a 72 Chevy Nova. It was my first car when I turned 16 and I still own it because of all the statements I hear like this one. When I was still in high school, my buddies dads would talk for ever about their first cars....I decided then to keep this one forever.
    i hated my first car.
    99 olds alero.
    glad its gone. i hope the new owner set it on fire just to watch it burn.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    zanzain:
    if ya'll had to pick an old classic muscle car to buy rebuild or just have great memories of what is it mine is the 69 gto judge i'v owned 3 of them one stolen 2 utterly destroyed she's my curse car but give me that gto
    Wow. Just saw this thread.
    For me; 1967 Chevelle SS 454 (Hard Top). (I love the big Chevelles!!) Love the Shelby Cobra but thats unatainable. Love the 55's (Bel Air) when their done up. Check out my friend's 55.
    http://www.toccicollection.com/files/1955_Chevrolet_Belair_Layout_1.pdf