Options

classic cars

2»

Comments

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    KCW:
    zanzain:
    if ya'll had to pick an old classic muscle car to buy rebuild or just have great memories of what is it mine is the 69 gto judge i'v owned 3 of them one stolen 2 utterly destroyed she's my curse car but give me that gto
    Wow. Just saw this thread.
    For me; 1967 Chevelle SS 454 (Hard Top). (I love the big Chevelles!!) Love the Shelby Cobra but thats unatainable. Love the 55's (Bel Air) when their done up. Check out my friend's 55.
    http://www.toccicollection.com/files/1955_Chevrolet_Belair_Layout_1.pdf
    The fastest I've ever been in a car was in a friends 67 Chevelle floating down the road at about 125-130 mph. (i know, i know, that may not be all that fast for some of you, but for a 16 yr old h.s. kid, it was insane!)
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    KCW:
    zanzain:
    if ya'll had to pick an old classic muscle car to buy rebuild or just have great memories of what is it mine is the 69 gto judge i'v owned 3 of them one stolen 2 utterly destroyed she's my curse car but give me that gto
    Wow. Just saw this thread.
    For me; 1967 Chevelle SS 454 (Hard Top). (I love the big Chevelles!!) Love the Shelby Cobra but thats unatainable. Love the 55's (Bel Air) when their done up. Check out my friend's 55.
    http://www.toccicollection.com/files/1955_Chevrolet_Belair_Layout_1.pdf
    Hate to tell you, but there was no such animal as a 454 Chevelle of any flavor in 1967. Now you can put other engines in cars and nowadays there are way more "homage" cars that actuals, but the car still isn't a "1967 Chevelle SS 454 (Hard Top)" ;)

I prefer SS396s anyhow ;0
  • Options
    i believe in 1970 they started adding bigger engines and the ss454 was intro'd in 1970 but hey i don't make em i just rebuild em and give them life again some nut job just brought his first car in for me to rebuild his 75 bobcat on my floor as of now i have a 56 ford pickup a 66 impala ss a gtx a 49 mercury and a mercury bobcat wtf its like a scene from gone in 60 seconds
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever seen a 1948 Tucker? Check this link: http://www.laubly.com/1948tucker.htm

Kinda interesting.

Marty

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Hays:
    I appreciate classic muscle, but this is my idea of 'classic' car: 1964 Aston Martin DB4 convertible
    Photobucket
    Love it Hays!!!!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Watchin Search and Restore this morning where theyre rebuilding a 1967 Chevy Nova II. One of the things about restoration is always the point where they check the numbers and decide whether theyre going to use the same paint scheme and engine size.. So the owner wants a V8 in the car which used to have an inline six. The builders tell him they are going to stick with the InLine six. and you can just see the dissapointment on the owners face, Then they tell him its gonna be a 383 stroker inline six and they fire it up to let em hear it..Man o Man his expression is priceless!!! Personally I'm not too fond of the Paint Scheme but I'd like to see it in person to be sure!! One thing about inline six' is they can generate an incredible amount of tourqe.
    BTW Im a Mopar guy through and through but appreciate many of the Classic Chevys and Pontiacs
  • Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    I have my dream classic! 1965 Chevelle Malibu.... When I get home, i'll post pics!
  • Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    The Kid:
    Watchin Search and Restore this morning where theyre rebuilding a 1967 Chevy Nova II. One of the things about restoration is always the point where they check the numbers and decide whether theyre going to use the same paint scheme and engine size.. So the owner wants a V8 in the car which used to have an inline six. The builders tell him they are going to stick with the InLine six. and you can just see the dissapointment on the owners face, Then they tell him its gonna be a 383 stroker inline six and they fire it up to let em hear it..Man o Man his expression is priceless!!! Personally I'm not too fond of the Paint Scheme but I'd like to see it in person to be sure!! One thing about inline six' is they can generate an incredible amount of tourqe.
    BTW Im a Mopar guy through and through but appreciate many of the Classic Chevys and Pontiacs
    I would love to have a 383 stroker! I was seriously thinking about dropping one in in late 09', but like always family priorities always pop up... LOL
  • Options
    Hays:
    I appreciate classic muscle, but this is my idea of 'classic' car: 1964 Aston Martin DB4 convertible
    Photobucket
    Very nice I just started a new job restoring cars like these. I have been doing collision repair for the last 12 years, 2 of those I did restoration of American Muscle cars. I love the American cars but the Brittish cars have one hell of an appeal.
    Not haveing alot of experience with the Brittish cars I have a bit to learn. For me I would rather do restoration work than collision repair. Haveing a customer that really appreciates the quality of work you have given them just beats fixing a smashed everyday car.
  • Options
    I wish I could find my parents 1967 GTO. That was a great car to ride around in as a kid. My mom use to put High School punks to shame on a regular basis!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was my first car.... PS built it in the garage myself alongside Dad ;)

As far as all time fav muscle car, I'd have to go with the 1969 COPO Camaro.... IMO nothing has ever topped it. As far as favorite cruiser... 1957 Buick Raodmaster.... favorite car I've ever driven as far as a cruiser. Haha funny story, I learned how to double-clutch on an Auburn 852 ($150,000 car) that a local real estate tycoon owned and I was a mechanic for. Here is a pic of a similar car: image
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."