Home General Discussion

Nicaragua Trip

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Can't wait - glad I was able to swing it also - Thanks Alex
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Okay, looks like we are pretty full, or at least I see there is more than enough interest. Here is the deal, Ill let everyone noodle on this and then we will lock this in second half of november. At that point, we will be able to get exact pricing. I will put up a post two weeks in advance. Everyone that has replied to this thread will get right of first refusal. If we have extra spots, I will make a public post with the number of open spaces but for now, spots are closed.
    Dammit.... Here I was only reading the first page and then I started commenting with the "Poo" jokes and now I didn't even say I was in.... Oh well...

I'll just snipe one of you guys in November to get in on the action!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    wow, I am very envious! Make sure you guys take LOTS of pics!

"Long ashes my friends."

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i would have signed up for this trip...
    but im already going in January.

my B&M is getting a trip together. Padron, Plasencia, DPG, Drew Estates, JdN over a week.

i was gunna wait till it got closer but i may as well bring it up now. my deposit is in.

ill be there a few weeks before you guys will be. ill kinda tell you what to expect as far as weather goes, and what the fields will look like.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i would have signed up for this trip...
    but im already going in January.

my B&M is getting a trip together. Padron, Plasencia, DPG, Drew Estates, JdN over a week.

i was gunna wait till it got closer but i may as well bring it up now. my deposit is in.

ill be there a few weeks before you guys will be. ill kinda tell you what to expect as far as weather goes, and what the fields will look like.
    I was wondering why you hadn't signed up for this.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    well being engaged, i'm going to need to back out of this(as much as i Hate to do so). thats money that Should go towards my fiancee and i's wedding or honeymoon... perhaps if this works out well and becomes a yearly thing...? i will most definitely be onboard the year after.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    How the hell did I miss this? Hopefully Alex will organize another one and I can get in on that.
  • Hey fellas...dont forget about your passports, make sure they are not expired!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Alex in case a spot opens how much would it be from Dulles International Airport? That way I can see if I need to watch to see if any spots open up. Thanks!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Alex - PM to you.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    ENFIDL:
    Alex in case a spot opens how much would it be from Dulles International Airport? That way I can see if I need to watch to see if any spots open up. Thanks!
    Alex since you are about to be back from your trip I thought I'd bump this. Thanks!
    I have never been so excited for November.
    Alex did any slots open up on the trip? If so I'd like to get a price quote from Dulles International please. I'm very interested. Thanks!
  • God I want to go with you guys. I really hope this happens again. *tear*
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Still working on this idea. The late rain this fall is pushing back planting so february probably won't be a good time. Waiting to hear from the farmers still. Will keep you guys posted.
    Alex Svenson:
    Still working on this idea. The late rain this fall is pushing back planting so february probably won't be a good time. Waiting to hear from the farmers still. Will keep you guys posted.
    Just wondering if you have heard anything since your last trip down there.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    The feb dates are definitely out. Rain has delayed the planting and it also delayed construction of the house. I am keeping my eye on it and will keep you guys posted. Best case would be later in the spring but more than likely it may be postponed until 2012
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Sorry to hear that! It will give me time to build up soem more AA miles! Ill still be up for it in 2012
    Alex Svenson:
    The feb dates are definitely out. Rain has delayed the planting and it also delayed construction of the house. I am keeping my eye on it and will keep you guys posted. Best case would be later in the spring but more than likely it may be postponed until 2012
    Bummer, Thanks for looking into it.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    2012 I can be in for sure, life handed me a few lemons lately and I would have had to back out, but 2012 gives me something to shoot for!
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'm fine with either, but 2012 is actually better for me too, so no worries.
  • just keep me on the list for whenever it is.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    rossdavey2:
    just keep me on the list for whenever it is.
    +1
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    t_evan50:
    rossdavey2:
    +1

+2
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    t_evan50:
    rossdavey2:
    +1

+2
    +3 yeah, definitely.
    Russ55:
    gmill880:
    t_evan50:
    rossdavey2:
    +1

+2
    +3 yeah, definitely.
    +4!!!!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I'm with the "how did I miss this?" crowd! I would like to go when the opportunity arises.
    Light 'em up.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    got 6 weeks till i go on my nicaragua trip...
    kuzi16:
    got 6 weeks till i go on my nicaragua trip...
    I'll pay the over weight fee on a 220lb suitcase if you can take me with.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    im still up for it whenever it is!