Home Non Cigar Related

happy tax return season!!

what did you all buy, if anything with your tax return? or what do you plan to buy if you havent gotten it yet. heres what I bought:
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-47PFL7422D-37-47-inch-1080p/dp/tech-data/B000NV7Q4E/ref=de_a_smtd
Now guess how much I paid for it?

850 after tax and shipping! Got it from my work online employee store. its a refurb with a hell of a discount. believe it or not, but I am 28 years old and this is the first tv i have ever bought, all my roomates before had a tv we used. now im by myself so i figured I would go all out. I was planning on paying about 1300 for a 37 or 42 inch, but I saw this deal and had to jump on it.

Comments

• ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Excellent buy jihiggs, I hope to get a new one this year.

My refund went to pay the renewal for my Homestead-Miami Championship Weekend Tickets. Six tickets on the start/finish line.
  • HardspotHardspot Posts: 24
    I went out and bought a new cell phone(enV, green), $80 in cigars and a couple tanks of gas for my truck. l
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Most of mine is still in the bank, but I did buy some cigars, a new computer hard drive, and an xbox 360 for my kids
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403
    That is a nice buy jihiggs, very sleek looking TV. I don't know that I made any purchase in particular with my tax refund, as I tend to save my money more than I spend it, so that is likely what I did with most of my tax refund.... Well, and I'm sure I spent some of it on cigars, that's the one big thing I've been spending on... Just can't stop buying cigars.

Joe
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭
    i got part of a new roof for my house.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭
    Taking some of the money to take the wife and kids to Disneyworld in a month. And no, I won't be going to pleasure island unfortunately. I hear they have some nice cigars there, though a tad overpriced, as are all things Disney.
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Nice guys. I'm jealous. I ended up having to send a fat check to the Feds and state even after they pillaged my paycheck all year long.
  • zacharypzacharyp Posts: 5
    Just got one of these, which should be sitting on my front step when I get home this evening. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834110280 I plan to setup the wifi, and then be able to enjoy a good stogie outdoors whilst surfing the interweb with my new toy.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Yeah, those tablet PCs are handy as a hip pocket. Enjoy!
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Like the pilot I ended up owing Fed. and State....oh well there's always next year!!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,152
    I owed too but since I'd already paid it when the check arrived. It helped me round out the money I needed to buy a Bike ... a 2002 Yamaha V Star Classic to be exact. Nothing fancy but it'll be a good starter.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,152
    Whoops I thought we were talking about the stimulus check.