Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Difficult Time

2»

Comments

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Thinking about you man!! Hope everything turns out for the best.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Tony, I hope this has a positive outcome. My thoughts will be with you brother.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    best of luck ... prayers incoming bro ...
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    Just saw this thread. Hope everything works out for the best for you, whatever way that is. Thanks for sharing, and I wish you the best of luck!!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I want to thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers over the past few months. While my situation wasn't as bad as some others it was nice to see that so many of you replied to this thread.

Now on to what happened, and please keep in mind that I am allowed by work rules to say only so much or I can be punished. Basically I was involved in an traffic accident while I was not working in my own vehicle. Bad tires + very rainy & wet roads = accident. Work thought that because of the time and place of the accident alcohol was involved. Because my job requires me to drive and do other things of the same nature they had to conduct an internal investigation.

What took them three months was basically waiting for the police to conduct their investigation as to what happened. Work was waiting to see what the final charges were going to be and if I would lose my license, etc. Long story short I ended up with being at fault for the accident and alcohol was not a factor.

For those of you that do not know I have been back to work since the first week of the new year. I never thought that I would actually want to go back to work. Not that I missed work, but I missed my friends, and getting up and going to do something! I am very glad that no one was hurt and that I still have my job. It took me a while to post this because I was trying to think what to say. I now know that I can live without my job if I had another income and that there are more important things in life then trying to save $600 on tires to roll into a new vehicle.

Thank you all once again for reading this thread and for helping me through this hard time. Things are once again back to normal. Look for a contest of sorts coming up as my way of saying thank you to this community for being there for me.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Another ccom miracle!!

Good to hear that everything is finally back to normal.
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Glad to hear everything is back on track!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Thanks undulac and niko it's good to be back. I was really down and out for some time but I'm feeling much better now. It was the not knowing what was going to happen that really was getting to me.
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    No problem, that feeling of uncertainty can really mess with your head. .

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Sandman1am:
    I want to thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers over the past few months. While my situation wasn't as bad as some others it was nice to see that so many of you replied to this thread.

Now on to what happened, and please keep in mind that I am allowed by work rules to say only so much or I can be punished. Basically I was involved in an traffic accident while I was not working in my own vehicle. Bad tires + very rainy & wet roads = accident. Work thought that because of the time and place of the accident alcohol was involved. Because my job requires me to drive and do other things of the same nature they had to conduct an internal investigation.

What took them three months was basically waiting for the police to conduct their investigation as to what happened. Work was waiting to see what the final charges were going to be and if I would lose my license, etc. Long story short I ended up with being at fault for the accident and alcohol was not a factor.

For those of you that do not know I have been back to work since the first week of the new year. I never thought that I would actually want to go back to work. Not that I missed work, but I missed my friends, and getting up and going to do something! I am very glad that no one was hurt and that I still have my job. It took me a while to post this because I was trying to think what to say. I now know that I can live without my job if I had another income and that there are more important things in life then trying to save $600 on tires to roll into a new vehicle.

Thank you all once again for reading this thread and for helping me through this hard time. Things are once again back to normal. Look for a contest of sorts coming up as my way of saying thank you to this community for being there for me.

Did I just see the The Beard step around the corner !!!
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    That's great new man. Glad it all worked out how it should have. And congrats on having a routine again.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Glad everything worked out for ya, T. Be safe out there.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Great news dude.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:

wow. what do you do for work if you don't mind me asking. It sucks that you had all this going on.