Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Cigar.com Pay it forward

Comments

• rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I don't mind shipping to Canada but are there any special customs forms that need filled out or special rules to follow. That's all that I need to know...and your address of course. Send me a pm.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    I don't mind shipping to Canada but are there any special customs forms that need filled out or special rules to follow. That's all that I need to know...and your address of course. Send me a pm.
    If you take it to like a mailboxes, etc place they'll handle all that for you and it only costs like $.50 more than taking it to the post office.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Yeah, a UPS Store, Kinkos, Mailboxes will help you out.
    You will need to make up an invoice for the shipment that details out the value of what you are shipping with a description.
    If the value of the package is over a certain $ figure the receiver needs to pay that tax.
    becasue this is tobacco the tax may be pretty steep.
    coming back to the US you will find the same problems with the receiver having to pay duty and taxes on the shipment
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Fourtotheflush:
    ....with the receiver having to pay duty ....
    huh? what? I never got nuthin'!!!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    It sounds a little more complicated to ship from there to here then in the reverse.

I go to the post office with my package addressed, they weigh it, ask how it is to be shipped (priority, regular ground etc.) and away it goes. No customs forms or anything to fill out.

The kicker here may be that the value of the contents is what will determine the amount of taxes I will pay when the package arrives. If it comes with a declared value of $50 or less there would likely be no charges as it would pass right thru in most cases. If it got stopped and the declared value was say $150 then I would pay taxes on that $150. Because this package contains tabacco there are also duties to be paid and here in BC that means 77% of the declared value of the package. That is when things start to get expensive. That $150 package would now cost an additional $115.00

The moral of the story here is to put a reasonable declared value (less then $50) on the package and not to worry. If there are any fees duties or whatever it would be me paying at this end. We can ship to the US with no noticeable differences then there is when shipping domestically.
    I should also mention that the package should be marked as a GIFT and the contents marked as samples (which they really are). I am sampling someone elses sticks and someone else is sampling some of my sticks. There are no sales or anything taking place, no money exchanges so everything is all good.
    So I guess it is my turn again. Who wants to be my cigar moochacho?
  • StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    I will be your cigar.com mooch
    KEWL...PM me your addy there Stoogee
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    KEWL...PM me your addy there Stoogee
    You got a good one Stog, laker is the man!
    I think I sent it right away laker anyway I guess its my turn.

Who wants to be my cigar.com mooch.
    I am going to be out of town from the 16th until the 24 so if somebody doesnt mooch off me before then I wont be available to send out cigars during that time so somebody mooch off me before then.
  • I'll be your c.com mooch!!! I figured that it's about time to get in on the fun.
    shoot me a PM with your address and Ill get a package out in the next day or 2.
  • Well i guess it's time for me to do this. Who wants to be my FIRST EVER c.com mooch?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'll be your mooch. It's been a while, time for me to bum some freebies. :)
  • Sweet, PM me your addy and we'll get this goin'.
    Okie-dokie, PM sent.

So, who would like to be my ccom moochacho?
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    what the heck, I haven't played in a while. I'll be your mooch!
    pm me an address and I'll get some sticks out tomorrow.
    Already done! That was fast! OK.... who wants to be my CCOM mooch? Let's put the game in overdrive!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Me me me me me!
    Well, you didn't answer the question correctly, but OK. ;) PM me your addy!
    Done and done.

Who wants to suckle at my cigar teat?
  • urbino:
    Done and done.

Who wants to suckle at my cigar teat?
    I just got a mental image of a cow with cigar udders..................
  • btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    I'm thirsty and it is about time I get in on this. I will love to suckle your teats...err... be your mooch...or something
    Excellent. PM me your addy and consider it done.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    btmisles:
    I'm thirsty and it is about time I get in on this. I will love to suckle your teats...err... be your mooch...or something
    ...That has got to be the worst mental image I have had in years.. I think I will need therapy. Please, never do that again..
    Ha!
  • btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    kaspera79:
    btmisles:
    ...That has got to be the worst mental image I have had in years.. I think I will need therapy. Please, never do that again..

had to. If only to put that image in your head.