Billy Donovan.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    Billy Donovan.
    Incorrect
  • Options
    yet another clue....multiple national championships!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    When someone says SEC basketball all I can think of is Adolph Rupp! That man is a freaking legend! I would love to meet him!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    When someone says SEC basketball all I can think of is Adolph Rupp! That man is a freaking legend! I would love to meet him!
    Very good guess..but I am sorry that is incorrect.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    John Calipari
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    ejenne87:
    Oh I wasn't guessing, just stating how I can't think of SEC basketball without Rudd being the first thing to pop in to my head.
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    smoke em if you got em:
    ejenne87:
    Oh I wasn't guessing, just stating how I can't think of SEC basketball without Rudd being the first thing to pop in to my head.
    Thats cool bro
  • Options
    I need to unload some stciks.so this clue should really give it away. Clue: the coach is a woman!!
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Pat Summitt?
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    undulac:
    Pat Summitt?
    beat me to it... I met her when I was working for Cal and our football team made a trip out to get our butts kicked in Tenn... she was surprisingly pleasant...
  • Options
    OK, new question:

in 2003 I worked for the Oakland A's and had the opportunity to chat with many players (home and visiting) throughout the season... there was one guy who suggested that I trade for him in my fantasy league... I had chatted with him a couple times and knew I could mention fantasy to him without causing a problem, so I told him of a trade that was offered to me in which he was involved... he asked who I had to give up to get him and when I told him he said "yeah, do the deal... I'll hook you up"... he was NOT a member of the Oakland A's... Name that player....
  • Options
    undulac:
    Pat Summitt?
    Yeah you got it bro. PM me your addy!
  • Options
    robbyras:
    OK, new question:

in 2003 I worked for the Oakland A's and had the opportunity to chat with many players (home and visiting) throughout the season... there was one guy who suggested that I trade for him in my fantasy league... I had chatted with him a couple times and knew I could mention fantasy to him without causing a problem, so I told him of a trade that was offered to me in which he was involved... he asked who I had to give up to get him and when I told him he said "yeah, do the deal... I'll hook you up"... he was NOT a member of the Oakland A's... Name that player....
    How you gonna ask the next question and someone else beat you to the answer?? LOL just curious..
  • Options
    HA!... my bad... I got the Fun and Games answer right and it was a sports question so I basically confused myself... I'll be moving this to the Fun and Games thread...
  • Options
    Cool! I'm about to PM smoke em and think of a question. I'll post it tonight when I get home.
  • Options
    robbyras:
    HA!... my bad... I got the Fun and Games answer right and it was a sports question so I basically confused myself... I'll be moving this to the Fun and Games thread...
    Its cool..i just wanted to make sure
  • Options
    Question

Three NCAA Division 1 football head coaches (all currently coaching too) graduated from my high school. They are actually great friends with my uncles as they grew up and went to school together. I get together with them multiple times a year and just get to pick their brains on football. (if you get one, you'll get all three)

I'll be at the hospital most of the day tomorrow as my 2 year old will be having a procedure. It may take a little while to get back to the thread.
  • Options
    Hint #1

One has won a National Championship in the last 15 years.
  • Options
    Hint 2

Two are in the Big 12 and one is in the Pac 10.
  • Options
    Hint #3

I'm not sure if the clues stink or if this is just not a popular game, but I need to give sticks away. Final clue and it won't get any easier than this because I'd like to get the package out tomorrow. Name the head coach of Oklahoma, Arizona, and Nebraska. Google it if you don't know and be the first one. I can't make it any easier than this.
  • Options
    Hint #4

The answer is Bob Stoops, Mike Stoops, and Bo Pelini. Just copy and paste it and put it in your reply and you get cigars. I can't make it any easier than that. Then I vote we close this pass because it seems to lack any interest.
  • Options
    Shot in the dark here... is it Bob and Mike Stoops and Bo Pelini?
  • Options
    robbyras:
    WINNER!! I didn't think anyone would guess that!! PM me your info and I'll try and get it out tomorrow. Also, let me know what you like.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    undulac:
    robbyras:
    WINNER!! I didn't think anyone would guess that!! PM me your info and I'll try and get it out tomorrow. Also, let me know what you like.
    Wow great guess Rob! How in the world did you get all 3 ? LOL
  • Options
    OK... New Question...I own 2 jerseys with players names on them... They are from the same team, but different eras... Name either player... bonus if you name both... extra bonus: each jersey has an extra patch that is specific to that particular season, ie 2010 World Series... get the patch right for a bonus... so you can give up to 4 answers...
  • Options
    robbyras:
    OK... New Question...I own 2 jerseys with players names on them... They are from the same team, but different eras... Name either player... bonus if you name both... extra bonus: each jersey has an extra patch that is specific to that particular season, ie 2010 World Series... get the patch right for a bonus... so you can give up to 4 answers...
  • Options
    robbyras:
    Joe Montana and Jerry Rice - as for the patch im assuming Superbowl patches just dont know from what year.