Home General Discussion
Options

Cigarfest 2011

Comments

• Options
    Same thing happened to me too and I'm still pretty miffed about it. It's funny that their site went down last year but I was able to call up at 5:50 A.M. and still get tickets yet this year there are over 1000 tickets on the auction and it sells out within seconds with the site going down. If you auction off a 1/3 of your tickets of course it's going to be harder to get them. Something doesn't feel right to me.
  • Options
    cleakecleake Posts: 21
    Last year I had two phones and my computer trying to get on.......the server dumped and the phonesystem crashed as I was 1/2 thru the transaction........ This year we had the pr-reg and it only crashed once- MUCH smoother All of you guys will be able to get tix closer to the event, there is always some going for face on the various boards............it is a great event Anyway, Alex we will be there- we will be the tools in the shirts and visors........Oh wait :)
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    OK so far attending will be: Myself, MrGreenMachine (a helluva bork), Ejenne, millennium115, ENFIDL, xIcedGuardianx, newbiesmoker24, bearb (maybe?), PsychoSJG, RampMonkey, SanmanIam, and TatuajeVI or however it's spelled, this will be a nice little C.com herf at the event should we somehow decided where to meet up (obvious idea imo would be AJ's booth so we can all harass Alex Svenson at the same time^ ^)
    /////so what is the deal??? I re-read through again, but much easier if people just add their name to the post.....so who scored tickets???
  • Options
    bearb:
    Hayblet:
    OK so far attending will be: Myself, MrGreenMachine (a helluva bork), Ejenne, millennium115, ENFIDL, xIcedGuardianx, newbiesmoker24, bearb (maybe?), PsychoSJG, RampMonkey, SanmanIam, and TatuajeVI or however it's spelled, this will be a nice little C.com herf at the event should we somehow decided where to meet up (obvious idea imo would be AJ's booth so we can all harass Alex Svenson at the same time^ ^)
    /////so what is the deal??? I re-read through again, but much easier if people just add their name to the post.....so who scored tickets???
    /////any nuts now score tickets?? auction closed over an hour ago...low end was $210
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Trying to get room reservations this morning was almost as bad as trying to get tickets. It took me over an hour to finally get ahold of a person to make a reservation.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    skweekz:
    Trying to get room reservations this morning was almost as bad as trying to get tickets. It took me over an hour to finally get ahold of a person to make a reservation.
    I called at exactly 8am and got through in 5 minutes. Their hold music was awful though, and their sales messages were WAY outdated. But I got the room, so it looks like everything is all set for Cigarfest!!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    skweekz:
    I called at exactly 8am and got through in 5 minutes. Their hold music was awful though, and their sales messages were WAY outdated. But I got the room, so it looks like everything is all set for Cigarfest!!
    You got pretty lucky then. I tried both the toll free number and the local number and it took an hour and a half. I agree with the hold music and message! I don't think anyone is trying to get rooms for New Years Eve anymore!
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    skweekz:
    DAMN you! lol called soon as I got off work and hjad t get the 170$ a night room Sad [:(]
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Hayblet:
    ejenne87:
    skweekz:
    DAMN you! lol called soon as I got off work and hjad t get the 170$ a night room Sad [:(]
    You ever think about splitting it with someone?
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Hayblet:
    ejenne87:
    skweekz:
    Considering the um... tendencies of my GF...
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Hayblet:
    Sandman1am:
    Hayblet:
    ejenne87:
    skweekz:
    Considering the um... tendencies of my GF...
    Bring a sock to put on the door handle....hahahaha
  • Options
    didn't think to ask, but can we smoke in the rooms?
  • Options
    Hayblet:

I read somewhere on the Split Rock website that the whole resort is non-smoking. But given it's an event about cigars, I'm thinking some provision has to be made to allow us to smoke somewhere. Anyone that was there in years past able to shed light on that one?
  • Options
    skweekz:
    Hayblet:

I read somewhere on the Split Rock website that the whole resort is non-smoking. But given it's an event about cigars, I'm thinking some provision has to be made to allow us to smoke somewhere. Anyone that was there in years past able to shed light on that one?
    If my understanding is correct, their event hall will be the headquarters for most of the goings-on that weekend. And I know there is no way they can keep people from smoking if that is the case. I do recall seeing something on the website about it being non-smoking (I believe all hotels in PA might be non-smoking). Hopefully this is not the case, and if it is I'll be willing to pay whatever the fee might be for smoking in the room :-)
  • Options
    We ended up getting 3 tickets between 5 people. I went last year but can't remember, do you think it would be possible to hand the stubs over to the other guys so they can get in after the others grab the stogies? I saw something about a hand stamp but I remember walking in and out pretty freely.
  • Options
    long_ashes:
    We ended up getting 3 tickets between 5 people. I went last year but can't remember, do you think it would be possible to hand the stubs over to the other guys so they can get in after the others grab the stogies? I saw something about a hand stamp but I remember walking in and out pretty freely.
    There is still a lot of time left before the event, you might be able to find some tickets online between now and then. And I am sure some of the guys that plan on going wont be able to make it for some reason or another and will end up selling their tickets. I've never been so I can't comment on getting back in though.
  • Options
    I have gone the last 4 years. They stamp your hand to get in. They had people at every entrance last year. They were a lot more tight last year with re-entry than years prior. I think it will be even tighter this year with the demand for tikets as high as it is.
  • Options
    Hockeyphan:
    I have gone the last 4 years. They stamp your hand to get in. They had people at every entrance last year. They were a lot more tight last year with re-entry than years prior. I think it will be even tighter this year with the demand for tikets as high as it is.

hmm.. weird I was there last year and my friend and I walked in and out of the building multiple times and I don't remember them checking my hands, though I have a crappy memory too so...
  • Options
    Thread Necromancy... who IS actually attending?
  • Options
    ME!!!! :-) thanks to some magic and general badassery
  • Options
    I'll be there!
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    I'm there
  • Options
    long_asheslong_ashes Posts: 166
    Me too! Along with the rest of the Crap Cigar crew. can't wait!
  • Options
    long_ashes:
    Me too! Along with the rest of the Crap Cigar crew. can't wait!
    You guys need to do some "live" episodes at the beach.....We love "Ashtray"- You guys crack my friends and I up :)
  • Options
    Thanks! We do plan on doing live shows very soon. Basically like an uncut review that is a little longer but we will still post the regular edited review as well. Not sure you want ash tray to do a live review in person.. dirty socks and all. We have to put up with the smell! :P
  • Options
    long_ashes:
    Thanks! We do plan on doing live shows very soon. Basically like an uncut review that is a little longer but we will still post the regular edited review as well. Not sure you want ash tray to do a live review in person.. dirty socks and all. We have to put up with the smell! :P
    Can the stink POSSIBLY be worse then the Thomp$on green you reviewed? .....LOL
  • Options
    7 days, 19 hours, and 35 minutes!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    hope you guys have a great time, and make sure to take lots of pics, really thinking about trying to attend this one year.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    So, the event is getting nearer. Thought I would bump this thread again for a few reasons: (1) did you PM Alex if you are going, as he requested (on page 4) (2) who is going? (Nut/VIH/Reg) this is who I think is confirmed: Hayblet (?), long lashes & the Crap crew (3 NUTs+ ?? ....glad you scored the extra ticket you needed, ejenne87 (??), skeekz (NUT), psychSJG (??), Bearb (REG) (3) those shirts are very, very large...I can wear my snowsuit under the 'large' I got, which is the smallest size?!?!?
  • Options
    I'm in as a VIH...bringing my very cool father in law along as well.

I'll have to PM Alex also.

Agreed on the "large" shirt being the smallest. Maybe they're assuming I'll grow into it this weekend or something.