Home Ratings & Reviews

Cigar Catadore Reviews

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys please check out my new cigar blog and my first review posted at www.cigarcatadore.blogspot.com Check out the site and give me your thoughts. Please feel free to post some feedback there. I hope some of you will follow my blog. Doing a contest this next week so keep checking back. Thanks!

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I like it.

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Nice layout. I'll be a reader for sure.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Yeah, I really like the look and feel, and the navigation is a breeze. Of course your first review happens to be one of my favs.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Looks great Jake!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Great look Jake
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    Looks great!
  • looks awesome and easy navigation all the way around. great job!!!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaelaria:
    Looks great!
    Thanks for checking it out and the comments guys. I forgot to put your site on my blog list so consider it added. I knew I was forgetting someone.
    stephen_hannibal:
    I like it.

Thanks for leaving a comment. I have 2 more reviews for this week and a contest to kick off.
    I added an index page where I will list all reviews alphabetically so people can find what they are looking for easily when I get a bunch under my belt. I also created the ads at the bottom from Amazon. I also notice one of my Google ads was for Heartfelt Industries but I can't control those.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    looks good!

"Long ashes my friends."

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Very nice. Will be a new addition to my Cigar bookmarks.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Looks awesome, snake! And Oz made it on your home page! Talk about bustin out the star power!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    That dude totally looks like Oz's twin but it isn't him. Met him up in Omaha and I was like Oz what the heck are you doing here. Spittin image
  • Just checked it out, good stuff man
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Adding a link to it on my website as I type. Looking forward to keeping up with it in the future.
    docbp87:
    Adding a link to it on my website as I type. Looking forward to keeping up with it in the future.
    Dang man where have I been. Didn't realize you had one as well. Linking to yours now. Thanks!
    New Review of the PIO Resurrection Robusto

Size: Robusto 5X50
    Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro
    Binder: Ecuadorian
    Filler: Nicaraguan & Mexican
    Price: $8.00

PIO is a boutique cigar brand made by Alberto Medina in Miami, Florida. The Resurrection line comes box pressed in Robusto, Corona, Toro, Torpedo, and Churchill vitolas.

Construction: The cigar has a dark brown wrapper with a few dark spots is dull. When I say dull I mean it is lacking any oils or sheen. I noticed this in all of the Resurrection cigars I have. A few large veins were noticeable. The cigar felt very nice in my hand with just a slight give when squeezed. The tobacco appeared to be rolled evenly as I did not notice any soft spots. The large label is gold, black, and copper colored. There is no doubt this is a PIO Resurrection as it is very distinct and easy to read.
    Read More......
    Contest ends tomorrow so leave a comment on any of my posts and you are entered to win a 5 pack of cigars.
    XIKAR Axia Double Flame Lighter
    Retail: $69.99

Once you start getting heavy into cigars a typical cigar smoker start to amass many accessories. I currently have 5 humidors, 4 travel humidors, 7 lighters, 12 cutters, and a few punches to name a few. Sure, you could just use your teeth and any common source of fire to get that cigar going. Why wouldn't you want to have cigar accessories that enhance your cigar smoking experience? There are cigar accessories out there to fit any budget and style. This is the first accessory review I am posting on this blog and there will be many more to follow. If you have any experience with these same accessories please post your thoughts and experiences.
    Read More......
    Size: 4.5X60
    Wrapper: Pennsylvania Broadleaf
    Binder: Nicaragua
    Filler: Nicaragua
    Price: $7.00

The Diesel Shorty Ltd. Edition was created by reality television star Shorty Rossi (Pit Boss) and A.J. Fernandez. The Diesel Shorty Ltd. Edition is a short chunky brother of the Diesel Unholy Cocktail.

Construction: The dark wrapper is slightly oily and only a few slight veins are visible. Holding the cigar in hand it feels chunky and packed full of tobacco. There is hardly any give when squeezed and the tobacco feels to be rolled evenly. Spicy sweetness emits from the wrapper while the foot reminds me of barnyard hay. Two brown, cream, and gold bands that are rustic looking fit this cigar's style well.
    Read More......
    If you guys visit my site please do me a favor and click the heck out of the google and amazon ads. You don't have to buy anything but your clicks turn into cash for me. I plan on putting all cash back into the site to buy stuff to giveaway to my readers. I appreciate it.
    Size: 5 X 50
    Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano
    Binder: Honduras
    Filler: Nicaraguan Criollo, Mexican Ligero, Dominican Piloto Cubano
    Price: $3.00 to $5.75

There is never a shortage of Alec Bradley Cigars in my humidors. To be honest I had never smoked an Alec Bradley Cigar until almost one year ago. With so many great cigar manufacturers out there it was one that I just kept putting off for no particular reason. That was a big mistake on my part. It is rare for a cigar smoker to like every blend that one company puts out but so far I have enjoyed if not loved every AB Cigar I have smoked. I do admit I have a few more blends to try but so far AB has impressed me with their quality and consistency. Don't be me - if you haven't tried Alec Bradley Cigars get to it.

The Alec Bradley Harvest Selection '97 is available in 5 sizes - Robusto, Corona, Toro, Gran Toro, and Churchill.

Construction: The cigar wrapper is a medium chocolate with minimal veins and a nice oily sheen. You can't help but be drawn to the great looking band with colors that compliment the wrapper well. The cigar feels firm and well packed with tobacco and no soft spots. Pre-light aroma was sweet and the pre-light draw was also slightly sweet with some spiciness.
    Read More......
    Size: 5X54
    Wrapper: Nicaraguan Criollo 98
    Binder: Nicaraguan
    Filler: Nicaraguan
    Price: $9.50

Viaje is Spanish for journey. Viaje is a boutique cigar company that believes in quality over quantity. They do not mass produce any of their product lines. That being said they are hard to find. Take the Viaje Holiday Blend 2010 for instance. Only 125 boxes of 30 were made in this vitola. A 4X54 Robusto is also available in 125 boxes of 30. Only 7,500 total cigars of the Viaje Holiday Blend 2010 are available. I was lucky enough to find a friend to trade a couple of these with me.

Read More......
    Size: 5 3/4X54
    Wrapper: (Dual) Ecuadorian Sumatra & Nicaraguan Habano
    Binder: Dominican Corojo
    Filler: Dominican Republic, Nicaragua,
    Price: $12.25

2010 could be characterized as a very bad year for the cigar industry in New York state. We all witnessed an insanely high tax rate of 46% soar to 75%. In response several cigar manufacturers have started making New York only cigars that are exclusively available at tobacconists in New York state. Miami Cigar & La Aurora created the Broadway Series as their effort to help the cigar industry in New York state. The 75% tax is built into the $12.25 price tag of this cigar. It is an effort to help out not only the tobacconist but the consumer as well. $12.25 is not cheap by any means but the 75% tax hike on tobacco in New York state has put many reasonable cigars into higher price ranges that your average cigar smoker can't fit into their budget on a regular basis. One can only hope that we can continue to fight these outrageous tax hikes and win some victories in New York state.

I have heard some grumblings from people about manufacturers making exclusive cigars available only to a certain market. Everyone wants those hard to find and exclusive cigars including me. You have to applaud the efforts of the manufacturers stepping up to try to do something given the difficult situation in New York state though. For your part you can check with some New York tobacconists or forum friends and I am sure you can find a way to obtain a few of these cigars.

Read More......
    Size: 5.5X52 Wrapper: Mexican San Andres Maduro
    Binder: Mexico
    Filler: Nicaragua
    Price: $9

Murcielago is Spanish for bat and comes from EO Brands. I first heard of this cigar well over a year ago when it was the talk amongst my cigar smoking friends. Of course all the talk made me want to try this cigar to experience it for myself. With so many cigars in my humidors that I have never tried I just didn't get to it right away. Last year I got a box and only 2 are left. I did share a few but I smoked most. With a year sitting in the humidor it is time to share my thoughts on this cigar.

Construction: The Murcielago is an overall fantastic looking cigar. The dark wrapper is very oily with a nice shimmer. The veins are so small the wrapper just feels smooth. Being a box pressed cigar I figured the tobacco would feel a little more loose. This is not the case with the Murcielago because it is one solid stick packed full of tobacco. No soft spots were detected and my squeeze test gave a very slight bounce back. The red, gold, and black wrapper features a great looking bat logo. I was surprised to find hardly any aroma off the wrapper or foot. The pre-light draw was sweet cocoa and left a slight sweetness on my lips.

Read More......
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Just got done reading your blog on this one. Sounds like a stick that's right up my alley. If I had any money left in the budget I'd be picking up at least a 5r to try out.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'm really stoked to try the Murcielago now. I saw them on a daily deal at another site a few days ago and I was curious about them. After reading your review, I feel like I should've grabbed the box when I had the chance, lol. Nice site BTW.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    JSnake...great site. I've book marked it and even forwarded it to a friend. Very nice layout and user friendly. Great links and very informative! Nice work!
    jr_p951:
    JSnake...great site. I've book marked it and even forwarded it to a friend. Very nice layout and user friendly. Great links and very informative! Nice work!
    Thank you I appreciate it very much. I give away stuff too so keep checking. I have something in the works with 2 major manufacturers for contests soon in the next few months.

You guys check out the La Gloria Cubana press release I posted. Right now you can get a free Serie N and March 25th they have something special planned. www.cigarcatadore.blogspot.com for more info.