Home Non Cigar Related
Options

p90X challenge?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    dinner was Aldalbertos mexican place which has awesome breakfast burritos

It's all about the 5 rolled tacos with guac and sour cream!!!

My brother always gets the California burrito. I just don't like the potatoes in it.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    cali burrito is good...each store can sell different stuff and the one i normally go to has a super burrito which is amazing and i was going to get it but last night we went to a diff place
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Alright guys.....just finished my awesome hoorah weekend of binge eating before my diet...figured i would eat sum of my favorite foods now cuz after the diet i probably wont touch them except for once a year lol....so friday night roomy and myself, along with my awesome girl went downtown to cali pizza kitchen(healthier pizza i might want to add), we split a thai crunch salad(one of the best salads ive ever had too), and a Jamaican Jerk chicken pizza...it was delicious, then we went to Ricks Desert dinner downtown as well where they make hundred of cakes and pies a day, it was delicious as always(ill miss you ricks). We went to the bar and yes, I had to have, guinness on draft...yum....goodbye heavy beers.....Then saturday comes along, breakfast was a small bowl of captain crunch, and a few girl scouts cookies along with coffee....with creamer! lol, lunch was a awesome bbq place which i had beef ribs(they are the best), and fries. dinner was Aldalbertos mexican place which has awesome breakfast burritos, and then desert at leatherbys.....god dam, i bet satuday was a good 5k calorie day.....

but....this is in the past now....time to eat right, and live a better lifestyle...but im sooooo drinking on St Pattys day...im freakin irish ya know! lol
    I had fallen into the trap of doing this before starting a diet, however every week when my diet doesn't do well (usually Monday afternoon) I spend the rest of the week eating like this then start again on Monday. Tomorrow is day one of my diet, take 100 odd.
    lol
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    You can treat yourself to something good and fatty once a week, it won't hurt you. In fact it will probably help your sanity.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    JCizzle:
    You can treat yourself to something good and fatty once a week, it won't hurt you. In fact it will probably help your sanity.
    I have 1 "fat day" a week where I eat a bad breakfast and a bad dinner. I live by it. I'd go nuts without it. In fact today is that day. Buffalo chicken wrap and taco doritos :)
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    JCizzle:
    I have 1 "fat day" a week where I eat a bad breakfast and a bad dinner. I live by it. I'd go nuts without it. In fact today is that day. Buffalo chicken wrap and taco doritos :)
    Sounds pretty delcious! For a while I would do cheeseburgers and wings on Fridays, but I find the less I eat that stuff, the more it wreaks havoc on my digestive system when I do eat it. :D
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I hear ya, my tastes have changed since I changed my diet - McDonalds makes me gag nowadays, I can't eat canned soup (I can taste the sodium - ugh), and I can't eat much processed stuff anymore - it's weird how your tastes change if you eat healthy. That said, I still love me some buffalo wings and a beer :D
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Cheat days are good for you. If you eat the same stuff day in and day out your body will not produce all the proper enzymes it need to stay healthy because it will think it will no longer need them. Cheat days will help to counter balance this and keep your bpdy producing all it should be. I would highly recommend one a week just don't get discourage if you gain 2lbs back from one day you can have alot of fluxes with your weight when dieting. Just stay positive and keep at it. My weight has only dropped about 2 or 3lbs since late december there have been peaks and valleys during that time but the key is I have lost 3 inchs off my stomach and put 2 inches on my arms. Right now I'm about 150 and 5'7" with 32 inch stomach and 14.5" biceps but my goal is 16" and get my 6pack back.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    +1 to that; I've only been using P90X for a month; my weight was 199 when I started and it's only fluctuated between 198 and 193 (mostly 196-198 though), yet I've already lost an inch off my waist and I'm approaching gaining an inch on my arms.
  • Options
    Just did my first workout and the abs workout....went great..didnt puke...but i will be upping my weights and the resistance bands to make it harder!
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Since we like to keep in shape here in Afghanistan, we've went back and forth between P90X and Insanity. Here is my opinion... P90X-we did more mucle workouts, such as pull ups and other wieght training, it was still circuit training but wasn't focused strictly on the cardio. It was a good full body workout that definitley has its placed among the workout programs. Insanity-is all cardio, and it can be intense at times. We haven't used any weights or worked to build targeted muscle groups. Just increased heart rate with limited breaks or cool downs. The program only used body weight for resistance with repetitions in circuit training. We are currently working on this program. Last week I lost 4.5 lbs. I came to Afg weighing about 191-192 lbs. I am currently 170lbs. and have a few months left of thrashing myself before I go home. My target weight would be 165 lbs, but I think I'll be passing that goal this week or next. I would love to be able to pair the exercise with a excellent diet, but in my line of work, we eat what they bring out to us. So there isn't any cheat on diets for me, I get what I get. The only extra effort I give is to not eat any sweets that we get in care packages. In that case, I just give that stuff away asap. Both are excellent programs.
  • Options
    yeah i finally did the kempo workout out(cardio) for p90x tonight....awesome workout....and i know insanity is really really intense cardio so depending on how the next couple weeks go, if i have the energy i honestly might do p90x, followed up by insanity on a daily basis cuz when i work out i love to push it super hard.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    mfotis:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    lol...ok...well roommate and i are going to start on monday...clearing out all junk food in house and we are going to follow it to a T.....i want to lose 20 pounds a month which i know is actually extreme but i know i can do it....thank god for supplements lol
    Though you couldn’t tell it now, I was a certified physical trainer and I applaud your enthusiasm. Not to get too far in into your personal business but unless you’re really over weight, losing 20 a month is really not healthy and very difficult to maintain. I’m by no means trying to be a downer and I wish you the very best but in my experience when ppl set goals to that extent and then don’t meet them it’s a lot harder for them psychologically to continue. You seem very motivated so maybe it won’t be a problem but I would recommend that you work your hardest for the first month and see what kind of results you end up with and then start setting goals or benchmarks for improvement based on those results.

Second, the ppl trying to sell you a specific program may not tell you this but if you consult a professional who is dedicated to helping you meet your goals, they will tell you that nutrition is at least 80% of a good weight loss program. I know you got rid of all the junk food but you also have to eat healthy for your regular meals as well and it’s difficult to break those bad food habits i.e. “I’m in a hurry so I’ll just grab something from (insert your favorite fast food here) restaurant and just work out harder tomorrow” . To be honest trying to eat healthy is actually more work than your work out will ever be. If you have a gym close by or a friend who is or knows a nutritionist who will give you some basic tips (without charging you an arm or a leg or trying to get you to drop coin on a certain gym) I would talk to them when or before you start. The bottom line though is if you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight. The basic math is if you can cut your calorie intake by 500 and burn up to 500 calories a day will facilitate weight loss. I would also buy a heart rate monitor, once you set it up, it will help you track your calorie burn.

This is only friendly advice and good luck. Oh one more thing, if you drink soda, cut that out, it will save you 190-230 calories per soda.

Now thats the real deal right there..... I find that eating a Well balanced healthy Diet ( and its very easy to do if you READ labels and stay away from processed foods) do not turn left in Fast food resturants, its crazy what we think wont hurt ius is the worst for us ie, pizza, potatoes breads, red meats... moderation on those is definatley the key,walking 3-5 miles a day, some light wieghts in reps,throw in some Bicyling occasionaly and you get Much more substantial and long lasting results. I am one of those guys that fluctuates in the winter I ALWAYS put on 15 or so lbs from october to feb.
    IM BAD.... but I have gone back to this formula and have already lost 7 lbs in just 3 weeks and im not killing myself or spending Hours or hundreds of dollars in a Gymn or in front of a TV... Ill be back to my usuall weight around 215 maybe less by memorial day and im at 229 now.. i weighed 236 on my birthday Jan 31. Im 6'1... Good Luck Joey and whoever is trying to get it together... As my old high school Gym Teacher used to say... "Its Hard but its Fair"
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    To make a long story short, 1 year ago I was smoking a pack and a half a day and drinking massive amounts of scotch nightly. That was 25 pounds ago. Tonight I had my first Opus X. I love new horizons!