Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Whoot Yeah This Is For Our Soldiers!

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know we have done this several times over the years and even recently. I am throwing together 2 troop packages and I need to enlist your help. We need to remember the soldiers who are doing their jobs and are away from home but not necessarily in a war zone. I remember being in Korea and Panama and wishing for contact or something from back home. Too many times I saw the golden boys or officers intercepting all the goodies sent over and it never trickled down to the hard working enlisted peon soldiers. Well I have something set up for 2 different locations in the world and the packages will be distributed fairly.

Please let me know if you can donate anything. Cigars, cutters, ashtray, lighter, small humidor or whatever. If you want please add a personal note. Anything would be appreciated even 2 or 3 sticks. I will take names for the next 7 days and then we will coordinate the packages. Please post here and PM me if you are willing to step up once again. I will collect the packages the week after and launch right away. I will be asking for some photos to be sent back to us so we can see what kind of impact our kindness has.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Ill do the same thing for your guys as i did for the package sandman sent out. 20 cheep cutters work? if so, PM me your addy and ill get them coming to you. Good job buddy.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'm down, count me in for some cigars and a few accessories, I'll have to go through what I have extra tomorrow.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    What can the DCCC do to help? I can get some... well, cigars is about all I have to offer.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'm in. Send me your shipping info, and the date you want me to ship around.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Accepting anything and everything. I am putting in a couple cutters and 20 to 40 cigars myself. I have some guys on another forum helping us out as well. One package is going to the Navy guys near Japan and they are heading out to sea for a long time so I figured prime opportunity. The other is going to somewhere in Europe.

I will also post up picks of the packages we put together before they ship so you guys can see the ammunition.
  • Options
    This is going to be fun. I sent everyone who responded a PM with a little more info. If you didn't get a PM let me know. For some reason my Inbox shows me always sending messages to myself so I have no idea if they went through or not.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake, I'll get something out to you, just let me know when. I am pretty sure I still have something left to donate. Don't tell DSWarmack, but I just sent him a huge package via Brian (sirfoster) to include in the contest package he's sending out. I'll send you a PM.
  • Options
    SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    Count me in. PM me info.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I didn't get any info.
  • Options
    I might extend my launch date by a week to get more guys on board and give you more time. Any donation no matter how small will be much appreciated. I was shooting for 03/18 but may go around 03/25 just to give everyone some time.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    Jake, I'll get something out to you, just let me know when. I am pretty sure I still have something left to donate. Don't tell DSWarmack, but I just sent him a huge package via Brian (sirfoster) to include in the contest package he's sending out. I'll send you a PM.

Your OPSEC sucks. I have my EOD Unit on standby now! Muahahahhahaha.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    I'm in on this one Jsnake, PM me the info and I'll get some thing out ASAP.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    I didn't get any info.
    I have PM'ed everyone again. If you need info let me know. Coming together nicely. I might have a donation from a big name or two as well but not saying who until it is a done deal.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    bandyt09:

Your OPSEC sucks. I have my EOD Unit on standby now! Muahahahhahaha.
    Damn, your code breaker is fast, I thought no one was going to understand that encrypted message, LOL. I got 2 5ct Herf-a-Dors in the package, 1 for you and another for you to use as you see fit for the DCCC.
  • Options
    Thats rediculous. Well appreciated, but rediculous. Hopefully I will be let loose on the town soon so I can go find some uniqe items to send back. Unless you want sand, that we have in excess. Really though, if anyone think of anything they want from over here let me know and itll be on the way ASAP. Im looking for some decent ISOMs.
  • Options
    Things are coming together nicely. I will post pics of the packages before they launch. If you are thinking about this please join in. You don't have to send a ton of sticks. I have one guy sending just 3 sticks and another is sending used cutters that are in perfect shape. I am also throwing in some cigar magazines. Going to make some cigar smoking soldiers day for sure!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Send me the info Jsnake, I may be able to throw in a 5 pack for our boys in arms
  • Options
    PM sent fla-gypsy. Appreciate the support.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Mine are on the way. Can't wait to see the pics.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Dropped them in the mail earlier today.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Will post pics as soon as I can.
  • Options
    I figured the easiest way to do this would be for me to order from ccom and have its shipped to you, so... that’s what I did. Make a note to them: These are to give to the guys starting out, or the ones that just want to smoke a cigar. This way they don’t give some guy who really could care less about a good smoke, just that. That is a huge issue here and I want to mitigate that for other soldiers of the leaf!
  • Options
    I will drop a few notes in for sure. I know one package will have experienced BOTL there and will be distributed properly for sure.
  • Options
    Started receiving packages today. If you want in on this it isn't too late. I will be collecting until next Friday. Once I have everything I will post a pic of the devices as I pack them up. I hope we might get some pics back in the next couple weeks after they get them.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Package on the way
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Hi jsnake, please PM the info. I am good for some sticks
  • Options
    One package is going to the supercarrier USS George Washington by the way.
  • Options
    SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    Heads up, Jsnake. Heavy R&R Ordnance inbound. Questionable humidification containment in transit so make sure to recalibrate on intercept. Over and out.
  • Options
    haha I will recalibrate all humidification upon arrival.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Package went out today, thanks again for putting this together.