Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Whoot Yeah This Is For Our Soldiers!

Comments

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Jsnake if you get any feedback from the boys after you send them be sure to let us know. Sounds like an awesome strike. Give us the final count when you get it too.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Jsnake if you get any feedback from the boys after you send them be sure to let us know. Sounds like an awesome strike. Give us the final count when you get it too.
    I am going to post a pic of everything we are sending and a count of the items. I received 3 packages already and this is going to be awesome. I am asking that they send us some pics back as well so we can see the soldiers who got all the stuff.

I didn't do this for any reason other then I thought some of the overseas soldiers not directly in a war zone needed some love. LJL and Alienmisprint each hit me with a fiver in their packages. Huge thanks guys. It wasn't necessary but I am grateful. I am excited about doing this for the troops. I will keep you all up to date as everything comes in. Have a few guys from another forum sending stuff too.

I don't mean to skip the awesome generosity of any BOTL here. If I don't mention you it is because some of the packages have your real names on them and I am not sure of forum names. Some guys don't want their real names used so I don't mean to skip thanking anyone. The small donations are just as important as the big ones. I will be sure to post up all the amazing BOTL here who donated at the end of collecting all packages.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake, planning on getting mine in the mail to you on Monday, have to get everything together still.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    Jake, planning on getting mine in the mail to you on Monday, have to get everything together still.
    Perfect. Not too late and no rush. Still plenty of time on the countdown clock.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Is it too late to get in on this? Don't think I'll be able to get anything out for a few days, but if I can, I'd like to chip in.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    lilwing88:
    Is it too late to get in on this? Don't think I'll be able to get anything out for a few days, but if I can, I'd like to chip in.

+1

Jake, if it's not too late, send me your address and I'll get something in the mail this weekend.
  • Options
    Not too late at all. Plan on launching by the 25th. By the way our Navy ship in Japan is ok from the info I got this morning. Lets keep them in our prayers though.
  • Options
    Just a bump and reminder to send your packages this week if you haven't done so yet. The soldiers from the USS George Washington aren't too far from that nuke plan that is falling apart. So far my contacts there say they are doing ok.
  • Options
    Jake, sticks are packed and will go USPS tomorrow.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Jake, sticks are packed and will go USPS tomorrow.
    Likewise.
  • Options
    Sweet guys! Thanks. This is coming together very nicely.
  • Options
    En route, should be there Wednesday DC# 0310 2010 0000 9203 6388
  • Options
    Got a couple packages today that doubled what I already collected. My contact in Japan says they are not allowed to go outside where they are at because there is radiation in the air now. I am going to ensure our package will make it there before I send it. Don't want it to get lost in the shuffle or misplaced for months. The timing of all this is crazy but I am glad we already had something in progress before the typhoon hit.
  • Options
    Got a package from bandyt and enfidl today. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Should be there today.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    I am extremely upset with USPS! The tracking number ifo said that it made it to... Out for Delivery, March 16, 2011, 7:47 am, GREEN VALLEY, IL 61534... WTF is it doing in Green Valley!?!?!??!
  • Options
    Russ I got your awesome package today brother. WOW is all I can say. You guys are all amazing and coming through big time.

If you guys sent a package please just comment back that you did so I can compile everyone's name for the note going in the package. A few had your real names and I don't know what your screen names are. I also have 3 or 4 guys from another forum who joined us. Anyways I am not taking all the credit for your generosity so please respond here so i can get everyone's screen names added to the note.

DSWarmack check your PMs brother.

At present count we are well over 200 sticks, 4 cutters, 4 magazines, and a box of mints. These packages are going to be HUGE! The soldiers are going to be surprised and very excited with this. Not to mention this will be distributed to many of them instead of just a few. Will post a pic soon. I know a few more packages are still coming in. You guys are awesome. Thank you for helping me make this great.
  • Options
    OK, whos the idot that typed in the wrong zip... oh wait, dang. Ill fix it!
  • Options
    Will have a photo of our devices posted at the end of the week. Looking very, very good.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    PM to you snake
  • Options
    Replied. If packages are still enroute I will hold fire until Monday on one of the packages.
  • Options
    minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    Straggler package was sent out today. Should be to you on Friday. Check PM.
  • Options
    Some stragglers still coming in. We have lots of everything. Will post a pic soon. I am ouy of town enjoying 3 well deserved days off. Packages go out this week. Might only send 1 mass one depending on our Navy ship's status. Will keep you informed.
  • Options

This is around 250 cigars and 16 cutters. I forgot to put the lighters in the pic. Sorting through it all now and hoping to launch my Wednesday. I am trying to put them all in similar tupperware like the one in the pic so they are well protected. I had to toss a few naked sticks due to severe damage that looked like they exploded. It was only 3 sticks lost I think.

I am adding a few mags and more cigars. Thank you for making this possible guys! Couldn't have done it without you all.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    That is, as they say, what's up.
  • Options
    Packages going out tomorrow. Thank you all who donated.
  • Options
    UPDATE: I haven't heard from my contact on the USS George Washington and do not know their status. The package going to them has been diverted to the United States Army in Yongsan Korea and was shipped today. The second package is going out soon but waiting on one thing. My contact in Korea promised pictures so I will post them when I get them.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    is that breath mints (the tiny yellowish box) I see there?

Also very nice to see cutters and more than crap cigars going to our troops!! I will do my best to get in the next donation.
  • Options
    Yes we had a breath mint donation. I actually might try to do another later this year for the USS George Washington whenever they are situated and I can reach my contact. They were close to that Japanese Nuke Plant that was melting down. Last I heard they were heading to California but now I have no idea. There was a huge variety of cigars donated.
  • Options
    Next time I will get the damned zip code right....