Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck said:
    @Usaf06 Looking through the thread, it was Brad that said Paniolo, not Jim, so I'm not sure. Crowned Heads website shows Las Mareas with a regular band?
    The Mareas has a blue foot band as well. I think Nick is right about that being the Mareas based on the color of the wrapper. 
  • Options
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was in cello it was las mareas. I agree with nick, looks a little light to be panillo, my bad
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorite cigars.
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Had this with my morning coffee from @peter4jc Great way to start off a beautiful Sunday 

Post edited by WaterNerd on
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to stop buying cheap cigars, a no-band <$2 maduro stick this morning; I'm usually too cheap to toss bad cigars but I'm going to make it a rule to stay away from the bargains smokes. Learning a lot here.
  • Options
    I got to stop buying cheap cigars, a no-band <$2 maduro stick this morning; I'm usually too cheap to toss bad cigars but I'm going to make it a rule to stay away from the bargains smokes. Learning a lot here.
    I did the same in the beginning now I'm buying samplers  with premium cigars to try. Not going back to the cheapies.  B)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every now and then you find a decent smoke in the bargain bins, a lot of the time they are seconds, nothing wrong with that! They get easer to find once you figure out what you like. One thing that helped me was a journal, when I got a new cigar I would look it up and write down the pertinent info, mainly the different types of tobacco then my notes while or right after I smoked it so that I could sort of get an Idea of what to look for.    
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaterNerd said:
    I did the same in the beginning now I'm buying samplers  with premium cigars to try. Not going back to the cheapies.  B)
    I've seen the error of my ways. Just ordered the Tatuaje Pudgy Monster Sampler Box in penance and hopefully not in penury. Though if I do end up broke I'll at least have some good smokes in the humidor
    It's a good batch. I smoke those too fast but I like them.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had a Core for a while. Downright tasty, yessir...  B)

This 'un is a big ol' churchill
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    MOW FTWimage
  • Options
    Casa Torano torpedo yardgar/snowblower
  • Options
    Bigsmoke78Bigsmoke78 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    Haven't had a Core for a while. Downright tasty, yessir...  B)

This 'un is a big ol' churchill
    Tasty suckers
  • Options
    Out in the yard this am. Love so cal winters image
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Ruination
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Avo from Jay from the January lottery! An 88 this time! Awesome! Thanks @jarublaimage
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cbuck this makes me happy. Enjoy, broseph!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had gurkha elegance was a little mild but made for a great morning after the kids were off to school.
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    A Trinidad y Cia double corona today, not very exciting and a tad bitter halfway in. Looking forward to something better tomorrow (that's the one benefit of having a humidor of yardgars). 
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnnyB said:
    I had gurkha elegance was a little mild but made for a great morning after the kids were off to school.
    This is a no gurkha zone
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    johnnyB said:
    This is a no gurkha zone
    Now now Nick.  Play nice!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Usaf06 said:
    johnnyB said:
    This is a no gurkha zone
    Next thing you know he will be trying to write citations for Gurkha smoking.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone has different pallets. My last dog, for example, loved to eat cat poo.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    Usaf06 said:
    johnnyB said:
    This is a no gurkha zone
    Next thing you know he will be trying citations for Gurkha smoking.
    That's not a bad idea  :D
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Love these, 466
  • Options