Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    La Gloria Cubana Rabito de Cochino
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning everybody 
    Nat Sherman Timeless 

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning fellas!   Sunny, clear blue skies here today. 
    Still a little cool but great weather for a cigar on the morning dog walk.

First time with the Sobremesa and I was really enjoying it until about 1/2 way through. Then the flavors went south, and it started tunneling like crazy.
    Cut it back about a 1/2 inch or so and found a big old stem that was burning faster than the tobacco leaves.  Nice black char in the dead center but the leaves were untouched.

Since everyone seems to rave about these, I'm must've just got a bum stick.  Oh well, **** happens ..... I'll give these 1 more shot at redemption.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Gibby, does sound like a bum stick to me as I have had the Sobremesa and really really enjoyed it, give it another chance and if its cold out try smoking when its a bit warmer as I have better luck that way. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Gibby, does sound like a bum stick to me as I have had the Sobremesa and really really enjoyed it, give it another chance and if its cold out try smoking when its a bit warmer as I have better luck that way. 
    @90+_Irishman ; yeah I've had this issue happen before with other brands, it's rare... maybe once every 6 months.....but it's always the same problem when this happens.

I'll clip back the cigar and find a stem in the middle, with a teeny tiny char mark running through the middle of the cigar where the stem burned much faster than the leaves. 

And it wasn't THAT cold this morning....right around 50.  We just got spoiled by a few 70 degree days last week, so this feels "cold" LOL

• Options
    edited March 2017
    @jgibv

Be careful complaining about Steve Saka's cigars, I did once and he sent me replacements to my house lol.
    He is a member here.

Amazing guy with amazing product.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    @jgibv

Be careful complaining about Steve Saka's cigars, I did once and he sent me replacements to my house lol.

Amazing guy with amazing product.
    @Sketch6995 ; pshh .... rookie mistake. 

You should NEVER give out your addy to @DTTSteveSaka ;

I mean come on now, the guy is the REAL DEAL......a seasoned cigar PRO and he owns his own cigar company. 

Of course he lit your a$$ up.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    He blew my front door in lol

And after I Googled him and saw his picture, I'm glad my alligator mouth didn't overload my Jaybird a$$.
    That guy is the size of a house

• Options
    jgibv said:
    @90+_Irishman ; yeah I've had this issue happen before with other brands, it's rare... maybe once every 6 months.....but it's always the same problem when this happens.

I'll clip back the cigar and find a stem in the middle, with a teeny tiny char mark running through the middle of the cigar where the stem burned much faster than the leaves. 

And it wasn't THAT cold this morning....right around 50.  We just got spoiled by a few 70 degree days last week, so this feels "cold" LOL

Ahh gotcha, well glad it wasn't the cold that did it but sorry you got a bum stick that happens at times and just is part of the hobby when you have handmade products! Next one should treat you right I suspect, they are great smokes and really quite a treat! Glad it treated you well for a while at least before it started tunneling!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    He blew my front door in lol
    LOL

LMK if you need my addy. 

• Options
    jgibv said:

Ahh gotcha, well glad it wasn't the cold that did it but sorry you got a bum stick that happens at times and just is part of the hobby when you have handmade products! Next one should treat you right I suspect, they are great smokes and really quite a treat! Glad it treated you well for a while at least before it started tunneling!
    yep, always sucks when it happens. 
    but all hand-made products have flaws every now and again.....

i suppose i could switch to swishers, since they're machine made they should have less burn problems right?!?? 
    LOLOLOL 

• Options
    jgibv said:
    jgibv said:

yep, always sucks when it happens. 
    but all hand-made products have flaws every now and again.....

i suppose i could switch to swishers, since they're machine made they should have less burn problems right?!?? 
    LOLOLOL 
    BWAHAHAHAHAH I guess there is always that option right?! LOL best of luck Gibby!
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tat Thursday! Krueger! Nice! Good morning everyone!
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From @genareddog Casa Cuba. An exceptional smoke with Sumatra coffee. 
    Thank you Larry! 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    He sent me one of those casa cubas, it's been whispering to me in the night....
    Gonna have to give it a try.

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    Thank you Larry! 
    Guitarded said:
    Thank you Larry! 
    Hope you enjoyed that as much as I do. One of my favorites. 
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ It was outstanding! Thank You!^^^
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammer & Sickle Berlin Wall, nice morning smoke, just a little spicy on the retrohale.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Good morning everybody 
    Perdomo Craft Series
    From Allan
    @WaterNerd
    TYVM bro.
    Yum, great with espresso 

Post edited by Sketch6995 on

• Options
    @cbuck
    Those are much better when they have a couple years on them.
    I don't care for them right out of the box, but after they've slept for a few years Something Magic happens to them.

• Options
    @Sketch6995 This one had a year! Pretty good!
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all are slackin'...  first post for the day isn't until 7:21?  C'mon!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Had my first at 4:30, @peter4jc  
    but was busy! No time for pics! I'll try to do better in the future!
  • Options
    Flor de Las Antillas Maduro! Nice! 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck said:
    Had my first at 4:30, @peter4jc  
    but was busy! No time for pics! I'll try to do better in the future!
    At least you're aware now; The Warden is watching you.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Perdomo Small Batch maduro half corona this am paired with an unsweetened dirty chai. 

One helluva smoke--chocolate, white pepper, leather, spice, nice aged tobacco. 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch