Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning Charles, all.
    Daruma Papi Chulo on a rainy day. Wicked thunderstorm last night. Lightning flashes every 5 seconds, an unusual tornado warning. Didn't amount to much but sure was entertaining.
    Was pretty good here in Weymouth, too.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    September 2017, I put together a series of coronas which I named Flan. I blent half a leaf each of Corojo seco. viso, and ligero, and I added half a leaf of Olor. I bound it with a Columbian binder and wrapped it in a Sumatran binder. It is way way unusual for me to use so many different leaves. I believe too many leaves muddies the result. But it gets worse. I had a batch of oily Habano 2000 wrapper that smelled wonderful but absolutely refused to burn worth a crap. So I made a shroud out off this for each corona. Same idea as those Leaf cigars. Then I shut them all up in a steel canister, to intensify the stinkage. This morning, almost two years later, I extracted one:

and here it is with the shroud removed:

I can't hope for an impartial impression of this one, after investing all that time and effort. But I can tell you this much without diffidence or tergiversation: This is the best goddam cigar smell you have ever smelt in your MF'in gar smellin life, right here on this shroud I took off. And this is the best goddam MFn gar taste you ever put on your tongue, this unlit corona in my jaws. I'm thinking that stinkleaf and two years makes a good recipe. Fact, I am gonna uncork a cold Coors to clean the coffee off my palate before I spark this gem... maybe a Westerhall Plantation Rum chaser. I don't care if it is early.

High hopes., Looking forward to a Torano 1916 experience, from the smells of it.

Cool experiment. And thanks for "tergiversation"!
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning guys...just learned that this "el-why-WHEN-say" is different from the Wiseman.  Good full bodied smoke.  Very nice....
    Edit... halfway through the burn is not great. Very wavy and the Ash is flaky, but the taste is fabulous.

I've only had one, it's a really good cigar. It seems like so many people who have anything to do with Drew Estate are just dominating the industry these days, which is fine by me. Any Nicaraguan puro is going to have my attention no matter what, and I really ought to get some of these...
    I think the burn issue has more to do with the vitola and the nature of the Jalapa, both wrapper and filler.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."