Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Apps for Iphone

2»

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Separate note to Stephen Hannibal - I took your advice and deleted and reinstalled this app. You were right. I didn't have to pay for it again. And a good share of the problems went away. In essence, it re-booted and cleaned up some glitches, I guess. It still closes out the program whenever I try to access a review I've already done, and a couple other minor things, but it's at least partly usable now. Many thanks to you for the guidance toward that end.

Marty

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    Krieg:
    jliu:
    That's pretty interesting.  Just out of curiosity what would you guys like to have on a cigar app? 
    I use mobile stogie, they just released a nice update for app...added about 9,000 cigars to the database, and new features. This app meets my needs nicely, check it out and you will get a good idea.

well, some of the problems I have with this app have been resolved. Only a couple left to deal with. I've been wondering, though, how you managed to get a database of about 9,000 cigars. From what I can tell, Ver. 3.0 is the latest but mine only shows a database of 3,597. Any idea how I might go about rectifying this detail? I can see where this app could be really helpful if only it were working properly.

Marty

hmm...interesting...I thought I read on that thread that he added something like 9,000 new cigars. Just checked my app and it shows 100 more cigars than yours.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Krieg:
    jlmarta:
    Krieg:
    jliu:
    That's pretty interesting.  Just out of curiosity what would you guys like to have on a cigar app? 
    I use mobile stogie, they just released a nice update for app...added about 9,000 cigars to the database, and new features. This app meets my needs nicely, check it out and you will get a good idea.

well, some of the problems I have with this app have been resolved. Only a couple left to deal with. I've been wondering, though, how you managed to get a database of about 9,000 cigars. From what I can tell, Ver. 3.0 is the latest but mine only shows a database of 3,597. Any idea how I might go about rectifying this detail? I can see where this app could be really helpful if only it were working properly.

Marty

hmm...interesting...I thought I read on that thread that he added something like 9,000 new cigars. Just checked my app and it shows 100 more cigars than yours.
    What! mine says 9566

• Options
    i suppose I never got the cigar database update...sigh....

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Yeah, "sigh" is right. How long do you suppose these disparities are going to continue and how in h3ll can one guy have over 9K cigars in his database while others of us have only 3K+?

And is anyone hearing anything from Colin? Any e-mail responses? I sure haven't gotten any.

Marty

• Options
    STOP THE PRESSES!! News flash!! Just got a reply regarding how to get 9K+ cigars in your database. Go to the reference page of the app and click on the circular arrow down in the lower right corner.

Easy when ya know how. Now, if only the other glitches were as easy to remedy.

Marty

• Options
    jlmarta:
    STOP THE PRESSES!! News flash!! Just got a reply regarding how to get 9K+ cigars in your database. Go to the reference page of the app and click on the circular arrow down in the lower right corner.

Easy when ya know how. Now, if only the other glitches were as easy to remedy.

Marty

holy ***, I wish I knew to do what a month ago..

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    New Update for this app... just a heads up.

• Options
    Yeah, but even after the update I can still crash the app by going to the 'reviews' page and clicking on the little magnifying glass symbol. I guess they haven't solved that part of the problem, yet.

Marty

• Options
    Necrothreading... the Cigar Rights of America App is on the app store now.
    Just a heads up.

• Options
    what does it do?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    what does it do?
    It has Dogwatch Cigar Radio built in, all the news CRA puts out, a list of Shops in 47 states, twitter integration. And a ton more that it would take too much time to list.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Krieg:
    what does it do?
    It has Dogwatch Cigar Radio built in, all the news CRA puts out, a list of Shops in 47 states, twitter integration. And a ton more that it would take too much time to list.

Dogwatch put me to sleep, BLowin Smoke podcast was included, i might get it ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just downloaded it but haven't explored it yet.
  • Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    I have the old 3.0 and don't plan on upgrading until more bugs are worked out. I still can update the stogie list, which as of 5 minutes ago has 10,713 of them. I've never had any issues with the app, but I also don't add cigars in the "my cigars" portion. I use this app more for a reference.
  • Options
    Do you have the blue mobile stogie app or red? The mobile stogie app was sold, and the new owner has updated the app. Unfortunately u have to buy the new version to get the app updates. It has a blue icon.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    howtobass:
    I have the old 3.0 and don't plan on upgrading until more bugs are worked out. I still can update the stogie list, which as of 5 minutes ago has 10,713 of them. I've never had any issues with the app, but I also don't add cigars in the "my cigars" portion. I use this app more for a reference.

Another app that I use, too, is Perelman's CigarCyclopedia. It's not always right up to date but neither is Mobile Stogie.