Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Make A Wish (read first post)

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warped (I have only had the Flor Del Valle)
    Crowned Heads - Double W, Le Careme, Black Dog
    La Palina - Pasha, TAA 16
    Foundation Tabernacle
    Tat TAA 12, 13, 14
    Viaje Juntos, Super Shots
    La Barba Red

A little dirt never hurt
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could fill this for Brad but only have some early Tat TAA and La Palina TAA 2016
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16 said:
    Make a wish is the inverse of the Pay it Forward. Here is how this works:
    1) person “A” says “I would like to try these cigars: x,y,z..."
    B) person “B” (who has that cigar in his humi) says I will give you that cigar.
    III) person “B” sends person “A” three of those cigars to try.
    4) person “B” now gets to wish for a cigar to try.

EDIT 9-10-12: this rule is here because of the rule further down about getting three of the cigar. the entire point of this thread is to have a good shake at a cigar you have not had before. one cigar does not give it a fair shake. three does. if i wish for LAdC Mi Amor, i should get 3 of them to give it a fair shot in case one is a dud. 
    I think a lot of people have misunderstood this part. It should be 3 of the same cigar, that is one of the ones on the wishlist, allowing them a chance to actually try it. Not three different ones from the wish list.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think anyone has thought about that rule or suggestion for a very long time.  It seems these days it is trying to fulfill a majority of a wish list and I think that that line of thinking is ok. The rules of the game so to speak have changed and adapted. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will update my list as well since I have actually gotten the opportunity to try a few of these.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would agree that it could go either way, but I see a lot of people who think they can't participate because they only have 1 from the list. And that's not the case.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293 said:
    I dont think anyone has thought about that rule or suggestion for a very long time.  It seems these days it is trying to fulfill a majority of a wish list and I think that that line of thinking is ok. The rules of the game so to speak have changed and adapted. 
    I agree with this too.  For me I would rather fulfill a wish if I have a handful of them, vs sending three of one of them.  this is just my thinking and is my opinion, but I also try to send at least two of one of the sticks on the list, this is out of respect to the original rule plus it is nice to have two of something.  I do understand that this is not always possible or within reason (so again just my thinking) I will send what I have off the list.  I don't want to see this game die however, so if it needs to adapted to keep it going I say go for it.  It does seem that the same people are jumping in, not to many participants.   
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only rule I care about in this thread Is you don't make a wish unless you fulfilled a wish.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
    A little dirt never hurt
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @avengethis I believe I have some on your list. I will confirm tomorrow. You're going to Chicago correct? If so I'll bring them with me
    Correct. I will be in Chicago
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Alright I got your wish covered then. 
    Ok then what is your wish? @bert873
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

CCs- Bolivar, H Upmann, Cohiba Siglo IV
    Liga Privada T52, #9
    Davidoff- any
    Ezra Zion chocolate porter
    Black Label Trading Co- any
    LFD La Nox

i know there's more so I'll add ti the list as I think of them if these aren't do able. 
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873 said:
    CCs- Bolivar, H Upmann, Cohiba Siglo IV
    Liga Privada T52, #9
    Davidoff- any
    Ezra Zion chocolate porter
    Black Label Trading Co- any
    LFD La Nox

i know there's more so I'll add ti the list as I think of them if these aren't do able. 

I might be able to help out here with La Nox, Liga's and one or two of the CC's.  May even have BLTC, not positive.  Let me look and see what I have and will advise.  If I do, I can also bring to the herf.
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    Sounds good D-run
    If not I have this covered.

I got H Upmann cc. And lanox and Ligas. Plus a couple cold ones and shlt. I'll bring to da herf. Chicago style pizza to boot!  Bam!
    edited December 2016
    It's all you big guy. I have a few others covered through an innocent smack down that is happening when he gets to my house to leave for Gotham City. Oh by the way I hope you have plenty of 3/0 worm hooks son!

Seeing as how cold it's going to be in Chicago this weekend can I add fur coat or case of hot hands to my list?

Wish away diver boy @skydiverD
    @matkn293 nothing is ever just an innocent smack down with you. 
    edited December 2016
    You are not supposed to read this, this early!  Unsee it and unsee it now. Forget you ever saw this thread for at least another 2.5 - 3 hrs. See you soon!

I can't wish until I actually deliver the goods.  I could die in a freak shower accident.....Or I could decide to smoke them myself, today before the herf..... So I'll hold off til after the herf... Just in case.  :D
    matkn293 said:
    It's all you big guy. I have a few others covered through an innocent smack down that is happening when he gets to my house to leave for Gotham City. Oh by the way I hope you have plenty of 3/0 worm hooks son!
    One can never have enough 3/0 hooks!  But really, don't you dare!!! 

You going to make a wish big guy or talk about fishing all day?

edited December 2016
    Been sick as a dog this week. Have not had a crease since the herf :'( But now that the Blackhawks just beat the Blues I'm starting to feel better.  :D

Heres some wish material. 

Sobremesa

Tatuaje TAA 2016 and 2015

CAO Amazon Basin 

TAtuaje Pork Loin (I know it's a reach  :D )

Viaje Zombie Green

Viaje Candy Cane

CC Bolivar

Almost any other TAA 2016. 

Hopefully that list is good enough. If they are too tough I'll add more. These are my top choices as of this exact moment. 

Hope you enjoy your fulfilled wish @bert873
    I was gonna put a bunch of Zoom Brush Hogs on this list but somehow I now have a sh@t ton of them.....  LoL

I will definitely enjoy my fulfilled wish. Thanks again @skydiverD!
    One can never have enough Brush Hogs!  

I can fulfill this wish if no one else wants to.

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to post up your wish Mark!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."