Home General Discussion

New Releases Forthcoming

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Some cool stuff you guys will see out in late May. Thought I would let you guys hear about it here first.

Nub Plus - A one time release from Studio Tobac. Same blend as the Habano blend but in a 5 x 60 size give you an extra inch of smoking!! Pricing still pending but it will be in boxes of 10 and feature the nub band and secondary studio tabac band. I believe they will run about $7 each or boxes of 10 for $59.95 I am looking forward to these.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Obsidian - A new release maduro made in the Dominican Republic by the folks who make Pinar del Rio. If you like the 1878 by Pinar del Rio you are going to love these as they are similar and you are going to flip for the price too. Boxes of 20 will range from $50 to $75

Established 1844 - This line was on the market a few years ago but is reblended and back in the saddle with premium long filler materials and a nice maduro wrapper. Uniquely, the line features all Figurado shapes and is medium bodied finished with San Andres Maxican Maduro wrapper. There will be three perfecto figurados 4.5 x 50, 7 x 52 and 6 x 50, a Petit Salomon 5.75 x 54, Full size salomon 7.1 x 58 and it will be rounded out with a 6 x 60 double perfecto like the Gurkha Centurian. Price is insane on these. Singles are a bit more but when you buy by the box the per stick cost will range from only $2.50 to a hair over $3 depending on size

La Herencia Cubana Core - Another AJ made treat. These cigars are box pressed and fuller bodied with a very pronounced spiciness and rich complex flavor. It has that distinct AJ profile and will surely be counted among his more premium blends such as Ruination, Man O War, Ave Maria, San Lotano, Etc. The band is very rustic and the box is amazing. It has sort of a beat up look to it with a leather top. Of note will be one size in particular which is the only round size in the line. It is a 4.5 x 54 flat head torpedo called the Dagger. This is a very unique blend and one of the best things I have smoked recently. Unlike the other La Herencia lines, this cigar will have a weightier price tag starting at $160 per box of 20 but I think it is more than worth it based on the stuff I have smoked

Ave Maria Reconquista - Building on the success of the Ave Maria line this extremely limited edition super premium is a new blend. There are only enough materials to make 20,000 cigars a year on account of its very limited wrapper. The cigar is meaty and full bodied made in Nicaragua. It is finished with a rare Cuban seed grown in Brazil and taken from the corona (highest ligero) primings and fermented to a beautiful maduro. Only rolled in a large 7 x 54 torpedo, each cigar comes backed in its own Coffin box and boxes of coffins will be available in boxes of 3 or 12. Individual cigars will run about $20 each and boxes will provide a slightly better value at $195 for the 12 count and $50 for the 3 count.

Man O War Box Pressed Tin - A tin of 5x5 x 55 box pressed Man O War cigars. Will have three each of Original, Ruination, Virtue and include one Armada in this size. What excites me about this one is the inclusion of armada as you dont really see them in any samplers based on availability but this has one and in a special size too. The price is sharp on this and given the armada inclusion is a nice value at only $49.95. NOTE THESE WILL BE ONLINE THIS WEEK!!!

Man O War Limited Ed. Perfecto Sampler - A huge perfecto with an unfinished head similar to Fuentes BBMF in a sampler box of 6 cigars. Will include one of each of Puro Authentico, Original, Ruination, Virtue, Special Edition Maduro and Armada. This will be released closer to Fathers Day and will be a one time run only with only 500 samplers made. Pricing is pending but will be about $60

If I can get some pics up for you guys I will try this week!

Comments

• The HoosThe Hoos Posts: 42
    Alex Svenson:
    Man O War Limited Ed. Perfecto Sampler - A huge perfecto with an unfinished head similar to Fuentes BBMF in a sampler box of 6 cigars. Will include one of each of Puro Authentico, Original, Ruination, Virtue, Special Edition Maduro and Armada. This will be released closer to Fathers Day and will be a one time run only with only 500 samplers made. Pricing is pending but will be about $60

If I can get some pics up for you guys I will try this week!
    That sounds awsome!! I was wondering when they were going to make that perfict sampler. I have tried all but the Edition Maduro and Armada, loved them all and want to try them all. Oh and just to let you know I will (try to be) first in line to get at least one in my humi!! lol
  • sdloco30sdloco30 Posts: 32
    Now I know what the wife is getting me for fathers day...
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I',m dRoolinnnnnh In ny Kewybiordd
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Alex, as always, you give us more to drool over. I'm interested in the LHC Core. I'm excited for all the new things coming down the pipe. Do you help blend any of the AJ sticks, other than the Armada, and if so, which ones.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Jizztastic
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    The folks at Pinar may have called down some bad juju by naming their new stick the Obsidian... ah, what the he11, we know j0z3r is good for a couple dozen boxes! LOL

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Drooling on the keyboard...I'm down for the perfecto sampler.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    Alex, as always, you give us more to drool over. I'm interested in the LHC Core. I'm excited for all the new things coming down the pipe. Do you help blend any of the AJ sticks, other than the Armada, and if so, which ones.
    I helped AJ with everything with the exception of the San Lotano. That said, when I say helped, I use the term "helped" very lightly. He usually gets the heavy lifting and gets it 90% of the way there and I make some subtle changes like binders or maybe moving up and down primings on the filler etc. I think there are very few people in the world that can really blend (maybe only a handful) at a master level and IMHO AJ is the best in the biz but you guys know how I feel already. My contributions are usually limited to helping steer him in a direction that I think makes the blend appealing to the consumer as that is more my arena. I hope to learn more over the next few decades but that is probably how long it will take before I am even close to the level of some of these guys.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    All of these sound like they're gunna be good. I'm especially excited about the neww Ave Maria. I love the original and I'm a huge maduro guy so bring it on.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Exciting stuff. I'm eyeballing that perfecto sampler for Father's day already. Can't wait to see pics.
    Alex Svenson:
    dennisking:
    Hi helped AJ with everything with the exception of the San Lotano. That said, when I say helped, I use the term "helped" very lightly. He usually gets the heavy lifting and gets it 90% of the way there and I make some subtle changes like binders or maybe moving up and down primings on the filler etc. I think there are very few people in the world that can really blend (maybe only a handful) at a master level and IMHO AJ is the best in the biz but you guys know how I feel already. My contributions are usually limited to helping steer him in a direction that I think makes the blend appealing to the consumer as that is more my arena. I hope to learn more over the next few decades but that is probably how long it will take before I am even close to the level of some of these guys.
    It's great to see how this all develops. Thanks for the hard work you put in and make sure that AJ knows how much we love his blends. It's cool to see how high of a respect you have for his blending style when you get to hang with all the major players.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    The folks at Pinar may have called down some bad juju by naming their new stick the Obsidian... ah, what the he11, we know j0z3r is good for a couple dozen boxes! LOL

I had the same thought.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Sniper:

You know what...F**k you guys, I'm going home. AND I'm taking my Tonka trucks with me.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    The Sniper:

You know what...F**k you guys, I'm going home. AND I'm taking my Tonka trucks with me.
    Lol, that's messed up....
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Been wanting to try an Armada, this could be it!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads-up, Alex!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Pics added to original post. Will work on finding pix for Nub Plus
    the MOW box looks great
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Awesome Alex! Thanks for Taking Care of us....
    Nub Plus photo added to original post!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I'm really wanting the MOW perfecto box! I would love to try these in that size. I'm also excited about the Ave Maria and Core......damn you AJ and Ccom there goes the budget again.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    On the Nubs, I thought the whole idea was behind the size, yet they are making them a robusto pretty much now..? Kinda confusing what they are trying to do here...Trying to get to the "sweet spot" of a cigar without waiting for it, is doing the total opposite of what you would think Nub would do.
  • They all look great. I hope to get my hands on the perfectos.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    armada.
    perfecto.

holy crap

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ...no really.

holy crap
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I'll be begging for the MOW Perfecto Sampler for Father's Day. I have no shame.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I always find sampler Packs hard to resist. Those man o war perfectos look like winners.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Wow those MOW perfectos look good!!!
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    just when I was wondering what to do with the chunk of my tx return that I am allowing my self to spend...
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOW Sampler

Ave Maria 3 pack

LHC Core

There is my order. Interested in the nub plus too. Good info. Thanks for the heads up.