Home General Discussion
Options

New Releases Forthcoming

2»

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Excited about the MOW perfectos. Also excited about the LHC Core.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    On the Nubs, I thought the whole idea was behind the size, yet they are making them a robusto pretty much now..? Kinda confusing what they are trying to do here...Trying to get to the "sweet spot" of a cigar without waiting for it, is doing the total opposite of what you would think Nub would do.
    On the Nubs, the secret behind Nub is how the leaves are bunched which gives that sweet spot effect. Can be replicated for a larger size even though the theme centers around short cigars.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding, and I second Kuzi's "Holy Crap"!!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Can we call a rep and pre-order any of these?
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Will we be seeing anythin new from 5 Vegas anytime soon? I'm talkin about a new blend I know we just got the gold Maduro not too long ago
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    those MoW look sweeeeeet!!!
    looks like im going to have to start selling my body at the dock to fund a perches.
    on the plus side i only live a 2 min walk from it
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Holy Crap, these all look good, I think the LHC Core looks awesome and the new MOW Perfectos. Damn Alex, you and AJ are the best, I bow before you two.
  • Options
    NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    wow those perfectos look like great smokes!!
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    Will we be seeing anythin new from 5 Vegas anytime soon? I'm talkin about a new blend I know we just got the gold Maduro not too long ago

I was told that they released the 2010 Limitada last year at Cigarfest and may be doing that again this year for the 2011.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    That MOW box pressed sampler is calling my name. I finally had my first MOW not to long ago (Virtue) and loved it! That sampler seems like a good excuse to try the others. Figures...right after I splurge on a box of Kristoffs.
  • Options
    BadBud6BadBud6 Posts: 13
    Cancun in August.....the MOW box pressed may have to enhance that trip.....hhhmmmm
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Did I miss the MOW Box press sampler? If so, when was it on here and how much was it?

Thanks!
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    zeebra:
    Did I miss the MOW Box press sampler? If so, when was it on here and how much was it?

Thanks!
    I've been keeping an eye out for it since they announced it! Haven't seen it on the site yet
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I must be in the minority here, but I'm most excited about the Obsidian and the 1884 out of all these.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    zeebra:

Thanks!
    I got a MOW R box press at cigarfest :-) I haven't smoked it yet, but I assume it will taste the same but it wont roll away from me when I set it down :-P
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    ejenne87:
    zeebra:

Thanks!
    I got a MOW R box press at cigarfest :-) I haven't smoked it yet, but I assume it will taste the same but it wont roll away from me when I set it down :-P
    LMAO. Good one evan. That is a problem I have had in the past. And why does the wrapper crack EVERY time this happens?
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Any word on those MoW Perfectos?
  • Options
    Still June
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Is it me, or are more and more blenders coming out with "limited" releases? Just seems to be something that's becoming more and more common, maybe following Tatuaje?
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Those LHC Cores are calling my name. Might just have to get a box...
  • Options
    xmacro:
    Is it me, or are more and more blenders coming out with "limited" releases? Just seems to be something that's becoming more and more common, maybe following Tatuaje?
    It is true. Seems to me that everything is a limited release to hedge the bets. If it fails, hey it was a limited release... if it succeeds, they are always able to find a way to make a million more!! I am joking of course but funny when you think about it. The truth is that the market is very different than it ever has been. There is very little brand loyalty and people are always looking for the next thing to smoke. I think these quick releases are playing into the new demand. With less brand loyalty, it puts the pressure to keep new things coming out and retiring old things. Just my observation. I love having all the variety personally. It keeps the pressure on cigar makers to stay on their game and stay innovative. It forces them to listen to and follow the market.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Still a little weirded out by the Viaje Zombie thing...... I dunno. Much ado about nothing, if you ask me. I tried the MOAB and was not impressed at all. And for $10 + tax, I'd rather go for some rare Tats. I thought the S&B original was much better. And the Fifty Fifty Red/Black Label line is fantastic. Those Zombies sold out in minutes for over $300 a box. Nah. This picture sums up my Viaje experience:

Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Hey Alex sir, will the MoW Perfecto sampiler be a call only item or will it be up one the site? ETA?
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Alex Svenson:
    xmacro:
    It is true. Seems to me that everything is a limited release to hedge the bets. If it fails, hey it was a limited release... if it succeeds, they are always able to find a way to make a million more!! I am joking of course but funny when you think about it. The truth is that the market is very different than it ever has been. There is very little brand loyalty and people are always looking for the next thing to smoke. I think these quick releases are playing into the new demand. With less brand loyalty, it puts the pressure to keep new things coming out and retiring old things. Just my observation. I love having all the variety personally. It keeps the pressure on cigar makers to stay on their game and stay innovative. It forces them to listen to and follow the market.
    And the consumer is the benefactor. Hooray for capitalism!