Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

San Lotano Maduro

2»

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I had the same experience JJ. I LOVE the Habanos, haven't tried the Ovel, but didn;t like the Maduro very much at all. Just not blended as balanced as the the Habano. Something in that blend needs a tweek, IMO.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I agree. Last maduro i had, i couldn't finish.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Such a shame... the Habano, Oval, and connie are all wonderful. Not sure what went wrong with the maddy... AJ has some wonderful maddy sticks... the SL just aint one of em.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    We will see how this goes, just lit up a toro from the beard deal several months ago. Have to look back at the exact age, this is before I gave my sticks birthday labels!
  • Options
    BigT06:
    Such a shame... the Habano, Oval, and connie are all wonderful. Not sure what went wrong with the maddy... AJ has some wonderful maddy sticks... the SL just aint one of em.
    Weird. I typically prefer Habano to Maduro, but with the San Lotano I thought the Maduro was a far superior cigar.
  • Options
    It's burning nice and even for me but as the winter has come the rh in the humis has dropped a bit (low 60s).
  • Options
    Still new to the cigar business and my pallet sucks but I am enjoying the stick. Usually I think of maduros as sweet but this one must balance out the sweetness with something since I seem to get more sweetness out of even a Padilla dominus.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mine burned ok at times but then would do that inside burn thing and leave an outside ring not burned that i would have to burn off , then ok after a few then again, not really uneven thing , like the wrapper wouldnt burn with the rest,lol
  • Options
    chemforever:
    Still new to the cigar business and my pallet sucks but I am enjoying the stick. Usually I think of maduros as sweet but this one must balance out the sweetness with something since I seem to get more sweetness out of even a Padilla dominus.
    well, what was the final thoughts?
  • Options
    I haven't had the habano in a few months so I can't really compare but it was a fine smoke. I would say that I probably prefer some other smokes that are a bit sweeter like corojo or camaroon wrappers. Worlds better than the 5v gold maduro I had today though! I also got a bit of bitterness but that might be expected during the last third. I have 4 more to try (maduro) but I think I would go for a AAA or 601 blue over this if I had a choice. I'll have to have a maduro smoke off to be fair.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    jj20030:
    mine burned ok at times but then would do that inside burn thing and leave an outside ring not burned that i would have to burn off , then ok after a few then again, not really uneven thing , like the wrapper wouldnt burn with the rest,lol
    That's tunneling and 9 times out of 10 means the cigar is over humidified.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Another great review brother!
  • Options
    docbp87:
    jj20030:
    i just checked that humi and it is 72% , i have the 72% boveda packs, im fixing to order more which this time im going with the 65% , but have no problems at all with the habanos or ovals outta the same humi
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    docbp87:
    jj20030:
    i just checked that humi and it is 72% , i have the 72% boveda packs, im fixing to order more which this time im going with the 65% , but have no problems at all with the habanos or ovals outta the same humi
    I kept my sl maduro at 65, burned ok, but still other maduros out there I prefer.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I gotta tell ya the first San Lotano Maduro I smoked was simply awesome, I loved it so much I ended up ordering a Box's worth. I have only smoked one other and it didnt reach the high marks the first one did and it did have some minor burn issues, I'll be firing up another here real soon and I let ya guys know,, The old two out of three sample.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    I gotta tell ya the first San Lotano Maduro I smoked was simply awesome, I loved it so much I ended up ordering a Box's worth. I have only smoked one other and it didnt reach the high marks the first one did and it did have some minor burn issues, I'll be firing up another here real soon and I let ya guys know,, The old two out of three sample.
    thats what happen to me , the 1st was perfect, the rest so far not , dont really remember but i think i got a single to try before i got a 10 pack