Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Any Video Gamers Here?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BTJR99BTJR99 Posts: 97
    I had a serious World of Warcraft addiction. Got up one morning and realized how much of my life was being wasted away in front of the computer. That game is like a drug. I found it easier to quit cigarettes than WOW. I still get the urge to go back to it, I know my characters are still on that server just waiting for me to start back up.
    Other than that I play PS3 and Wii occasionally.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I rock the 360 a lot when I am home. I play mostly COD Modern Warfare. I am sure I will play a lot of Modern Warfare 2 when I get back home. I also like to play Fallout 3 a bit as well. I used to donimate on Need for Speed before a friend "borrowed" it for the last year.
  • Options
    BTJR99:
    I had a serious World of Warcraft addiction. Got up one morning and realized how much of my life was being wasted away in front of the computer. That game is like a drug. I found it easier to quit cigarettes than WOW. I still get the urge to go back to it, I know my characters are still on that server just waiting for me to start back up.
    Other than that I play PS3 and Wii occasionally.
    Im going to have to agree with you on that btj99, there would be days that im off and start playing world of warcraft at 6 or 7 am and next thing you know its like 3pm already. I havent eaten nor done anything, just sitting in front of a computer. I have quit playing world of warcraft but theres times i get the feeling to play again, and like you said the characters are still there my level 75 hunter. Now im into ps3, but im not that bad anymore like when i was playing wow.
  • Options
    Garen B:
    This guy is a gamer.

Don's start on WoW, it's like crack cocaine. Worse because your not selling your soul to the devil, but a gaming company.

Anyways, I'm also on the 360, usually playing either COD 4, Gears of War 2 or Fallout 3. Once Christmas rolls around I'm hoping to get Left 4 Dead. I don't know if GTA 4 or MSG 4 is getting game of the year, Fallout was really really good and with a huge game like Gears coming out I'm thinking one of those 2 are going to take game of the year.
    Man you hit on the spot, regarding WOW lolololol.
  • Options
    KamelyonKamelyon Posts: 109
    I'm on the PS3 under the same user name as here. And I also play Aion on the Fregion server, same character name.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I get pretty hardcore on my PlayStation 2. I refuse to pay full price for new games when I can wait a couple years and buy them for $5. So I am always at least 2-3 years behind. I play:

NCAA 2007
    Tiger Woods 2005
    FIFA 2007
    Madden 2008

I'm the guy that shows up to GameStop when Madden 2010 is coming out to buy Madden 2008 for $5.00. I like it this way!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    I get pretty hardcore on my PlayStation 2. I refuse to pay full price for new games when I can wait a couple years and buy them for $5. So I am always at least 2-3 years behind. I play:

NCAA 2007
    Tiger Woods 2005
    FIFA 2007
    Madden 2008

I'm the guy that shows up to GameStop when Madden 2010 is coming out to buy Madden 2008 for $5.00. I like it this way!
    LOL right here with ya buddy. I still rock my PS2 - the system is awesome. The game library is amazingly huge, and has some awesome titles in it for sure. I had a Wii for a while, but I ended up trading it for my tat and I've never looked back. I didn't play it for crap - left it in a box for the most part and played up my PS2
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Hays:
    clearlysuspect:

NCAA 2007
    Tiger Woods 2005
    FIFA 2007
    Madden 2008

LOL right here with ya buddy. I still rock my PS2 - the system is awesome. The game library is amazingly huge, and has some awesome titles in it for sure. I had a Wii for a while, but I ended up trading it for my tat and I've never looked back. I didn't play it for crap - left it in a box for the most part and played up my PS2
    I'll probably get a Wii here soon. My wife likes to play it and we have a baby girl on the way. Looks like good family fun.
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    clearlysuspect:

NCAA 2007
    Tiger Woods 2005
    FIFA 2007
    Madden 2008

No joke, I'm still buying games for the SNES and there are a few more that I would like to get yet. Just a couple fo months ago I purchased and played through Secret of Mana. Dang, how did I miss that one when it was out? That game was freakin' awesome!

Right now though, I'm working on some Gamecubes titles like Resident Evil 4. I plan on playing through some Gameboy Advance games when I'm finished with RE4. If it's a good game, it doesn't matter how old it is, it will always be a good game and a blast to play!!
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    My favorite game of all time is Morrowind. I've been playing it for years and I just never get tired of it.
    I'm can't stand arcadey shooters like COD4. The only 2 shooters I play are Operation Flashpoint (the original, NOT THE NEW ONE), ArmA, and ArmA2.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    BStayer:
    clearlysuspect:

NCAA 2007
    Tiger Woods 2005
    FIFA 2007
    Madden 2008

No joke, I'm still buying games for the SNES and there are a few more that I would like to get yet. Just a couple fo months ago I purchased and played through Secret of Mana. Dang, how did I miss that one when it was out? That game was freakin' awesome!

Right now though, I'm working on some Gamecubes titles like Resident Evil 4. I plan on playing through some Gameboy Advance games when I'm finished with RE4. If it's a good game, it doesn't matter how old it is, it will always be a good game and a blast to play!!

Dude, if you liked Secret of Mana, then you should ckeck out Secret of Evermore, if you haven't already. I can't remember how it falls in line before or after, but it's just as good. I'm a sucker for old school RPGs. I have the full Breath of Fire collection for the SNES and PS2, the Final Fantasy's for the NES and SNES, and one I'm not sure if anyone would know EarthBound, but it's amazing In My Nerd's Eye View.
  • Options
    I'm currently rocking
    Rise of Nations :Rise of Legends
    Unreal tor. 2004(anyone wanna get schooled?)
  • Options
    nightmaremike31:
    BStayer:
    clearlysuspect:

NCAA 2007
    Tiger Woods 2005
    FIFA 2007
    Madden 2008

Dude, if you liked Secret of Mana, then you should ckeck out Secret of Evermore, if you haven't already. I can't remember how it falls in line before or after, but it's just as good. I'm a sucker for old school RPGs. I have the full Breath of Fire collection for the SNES and PS2, the Final Fantasy's for the NES and SNES, and one I'm not sure if anyone would know EarthBound, but it's amazing In My Nerd's Eye View.

You've hit on some of the ones I'm still after. I would LOVE to get Earthbound, but acquiring it can be extremely difficult. I know I could download an emulater, but i prefer to play the games on their original consoles, just a puritist/nostalgia thing I guess. But the Final Fantasies are at the top of my list and Secret of Evermore is close behind. I've never seen anything on Breath of Fire, so I'll have to check that one out.

I have about 15 games yet I'd like to get for the SNES, but since I have a stack of games at home I haven't played yet, I figured I should get through some of them before pursuing any more :-)
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    BStayer:
    nightmaremike31:
    BStayer:
    clearlysuspect:

NCAA 2007
    Tiger Woods 2005
    FIFA 2007
    Madden 2008

You've hit on some of the ones I'm still after. I would LOVE to get Earthbound, but acquiring it can be extremely difficult. I know I could download an emulater, but i prefer to play the games on their original consoles, just a puritist/nostalgia thing I guess. But the Final Fantasies are at the top of my list and Secret of Evermore is close behind. I've never seen anything on Breath of Fire, so I'll have to check that one out.

I have about 15 games yet I'd like to get for the SNES, but since I have a stack of games at home I haven't played yet, I figured I should get through some of them before pursuing any more :-)

My 3 year old is finally old enough to understand that the controllers aren't for eating, so him and I can now play them together.

But I couldn't agree more, I know I could get the emulators for the games I love, but it really is a nostalgia thing.

I bought Earthbound 10 years ago for $20 at a game shop, and now I see people trying to sell it for $99... It makes me glad I still have a few of the greats.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone interested in free gaming stuff can check out this url. This will credit me if you sign up so please copy and paste. Still trying to get close to earning an Xbox 360 for my boys for Christmas. I used to be in a big gaming clan and lots of guys used this to get Xbox live cards and games. I haven't used this site in awhile but I have enough points sitting there for a game. Need 300 for the Xbox. If interested here you go:

http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=11803
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I'm all geared up for mario wii and modern warfare 2!
  • Options
    been playing combat arms online...free fps..if you like counter srike you could really sink some time into this one
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    I play:
    COD 4 (freeze)
    Quake 4 (rail only)
    Quake live

jlzimmerman:
    Modern Warfare 2
    Brutal Legend
    Forza 3
    Left 4 Dead 2
    ODST
    Bioshock 2
    NHL 10

BAH! Too many games coming out in the next couple months (or just came out) to keep up! NEED TO QUIT MY JOB!! I also want to pick Fallout 3 back up given that there are umteen DLC's for it now. Crap! If I had a PS3 I'd pick up Uncharted 2 also. That game looks awesome.
    I heard that Modern Warfare 2 was going to be pay per month like wow if thats true I want no part of it.

• Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Nope, Modern Warfare 2 is exactly like COD 4, you buy it once and its yours to play till eternity.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Garen B:
    Nope, Modern Warfare 2 is exactly like COD 4, you buy it once and its yours to play till eternity.
    Or until you move out of your mom's basement
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Garen B:
    Or you spill Miller Lite on your 360.
  • Options
    Garen B:
    Lasabar:
    Garen B:
    Usually it's on the controller only... the actual console is WAY far away from me.

Honestly this may be the one game that could bring me back to video gaming again, I have the PS3, Wii and 360, but never use them except the 360 for Netflix, the PS3 for Blu-Ray and the Wii for company...
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Garen B:
    Lasabar:
    Garen B:
    Usually it's on the controller only... the actual console is WAY far away from me.

Honestly this may be the one game that could bring me back to video gaming again, I have the PS3, Wii and 360, but never use them except the 360 for Netflix, the PS3 for Blu-Ray and the Wii for company...
    I don't think Nintendo intended the vibrations in the Wii remote to be used that way Lassy...
  • Options
    Garen B:
    Lasabar:
    Garen B:
    Lasabar:
    Garen B:

I don't think Nintendo intended the vibrations in the Wii remote to be used that way Lassy...
    Then they shouldn't have put that in there!!

You don't give a monkey a shot-gun and then yell at the monkey when it holds up a frozen banana stand, DO YOU? NO, you yell at the liberals that let Mexicans smuggle gunpowder into america and then give it to the corporate fat cats that utilize false research grants SAYING that THEY came up with gunpowder but they know damn well that all they are putting in their ammunition is cheap Mexican boom flake all while pocketing the grant money to pursue facial surgeries for 3rd world kids... SURE we cured Cambodian Cleft, but at what cost.... AT WHAT COST!?!?!?!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Lasabar:
    Garen B:
    Lasabar:
    Garen B:
    Lasabar:
    Garen B:

Then they shouldn't have put that in there!!

You don't give a monkey a shot-gun and then yell at the monkey when it holds up a frozen banana stand, DO YOU? NO, you yell at the liberals that let Mexicans smuggle gunpowder into america and then give it to the corporate fat cats that utilize false research grants SAYING that THEY came up with gunpowder but they know damn well that all they are putting in their ammunition is cheap Mexican boom flake all while pocketing the grant money to pursue facial surgeries for 3rd world kids... SURE we cured Cambodian Cleft, but at what cost.... AT WHAT COST!?!?!?!

Shakes head ;)
  • Options
    The other night I broke out my ol' Turbo Grafx 16 and played Splatterhouse, Blazing Lazers, and Raiden!! HA!! What a blast...games were so simple back then and still they were fun!! I have a few other titles for that system I'd like to pick up, like Legendary Axe, Magical Chase. Any other TG16ers out there?
  • Options
    BStayer:
    The other night I broke out my ol' Turbo Grafx 16 and played Splatterhouse, Blazing Lazers, and Raiden!! HA!! What a blast...games were so simple back then and still they were fun!! I have a few other titles for that system I'd like to pick up, like Legendary Axe, Magical Chase. Any other TG16ers out there?
    I wish I could say yes, but I was about 2 months old when that came out...
  • Options
    Garen B:
    BStayer:
    I wish I could say yes, but I was about 2 months old when that came out...

Dang, am I that old already? I had it out again last night and it felt like it was just yesterday I was playing those games. I think I'll go cry now...
  • Options
    Every once in a while I'm playing Halo 3 on Xbox live, but thats about it.