Home Cigar 101

New first humi!

I just seasoned my first 150 count humi that came with 100 cigars! (yea...100!) mostly house blends from Thompsons Cigar Co. Im new to cigar smoking and im loving it. I have smoked so far...(Romeo & Juliets (havana reserve, cedros delux#2 & the classic red labeled one), R&P Vintage 92, La Gloria Cubana, Oliva G series, Ashton's & Ghurka's & Bolivar's.... So far so good! I want to try the CAO's....any info on the CAO's?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Check out the ratings and reviews section there is a whole thread on CAOs. Welcome to the hobby, enjoy! Feel free to ask anything you need. We have many grizzled ol' veterans around here as well as a bunch of us with way too much free time on our hands.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've got too much time on my hands...How can I annoy you with my thoughts? :)

CAO is a good brand to look into. Personally, I liked the CX2, Italia..well, come to think of it, I think those are the only ones I've had and liked, I didn't much care for the Brazilia and haven't tried the MX2 or LX2 yet.
    j0z3r:
    haven't tried the MX2 or LX2 yet.
    We need to fix this problem.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome aqu-lots of good info here-my fav cao was the mx2-have not tried the italia but a lot of people here like it and i have one for this weekend.enjoy the banter and prepare to learn even if your not in the mood to, these guys are great and generous.
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    I know. The MX2 is not for a lack of having any, I have at least a couple. The LX2 is going to be one of my first purchases when I get off cigar restriction. I've been a good boy and I'll reward myself handsomely when the time comes with a fiver of the LX2, and probably some Tatuaje Miami, I'm dying to try that one.
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    I know. The MX2 is not for a lack of having any, I have at least a couple. The LX2 is going to be one of my first purchases when I get off cigar restriction. I've been a good boy and I'll reward myself handsomely when the time comes with a fiver of the LX2, and probably some Tatuaje Miami, I'm dying to try that one.
    Tatuaje Cojonu is the deal. The LX2 is pretty good not extremely flavorful but spicy and powerful. Put on your big boy panties before you light her up.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    Put on your big boy panties before you light her up.
    What, exactly, do big boy panties look like?
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    Kinda like little boy panties only bigger. I've got sets of both made by Fruit of the Loom, makes me feel like Michael ............Jackson. Not an enviable feeling, I'll concede that.
    well , see , they have this velcro....eerrr....never mind
    LMAO.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have never had a CAO. I need to change that! There are a lot of brands that I have never had. Onyx, Anything by Drew Estate, Alec Bradley, Padilla (even though I do have one aging), Carlos Torano, Don Pepin Garcia, Oliva (not including Nub), MAXX and Gran Habano just to name a few. Once I get my inventory down, I'll try some other things.
    rwheelwright:
    I have never had a CAO. I need to change that! There are a lot of brands that I have never had. Onyx, Anything by Drew Estate, Alec Bradley, Padilla (even though I do have one aging), Carlos Torano, Don Pepin Garcia, Oliva (not including Nub), MAXX and Gran Habano just to name a few. Once I get my inventory down, I'll try some other things.
    You have a busy couple of months ahead of you.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    Kinda like little boy panties only bigger. I've got sets of both made by Fruit of the Loom, makes me feel like Michael ............Jackson. Not an enviable feeling, I'll concede that.
    Wow, I think this is the wrong forum, ... er, wow I'm a little scared..
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    Wow, I think this is the wrong forum, ... er, wow I'm a little scared..
    Another example that honesty is not always the best policy. F**k George Washington and his Cherry tree.
    what does george washington's cherry tree have to do with big boy pants?
    Big boy pants are roomy enough for wood, thus allowing you to lose your cherry.
    urbino:
    Big boy pants are roomy enough for wood, thus allowing you to lose your cherry.
    wow I'm ... uh ... speachless on that one.
    My work is done here.
    Congrats urby, you've rendered maddy speechless, no small task in that.
    j0z3r:
    Congrats urby, you've rendered maddy speechless, no small task in that.
    @$$hole. LOL I was about to write 2970 posts later, you, urbi, have rendered me speachless.
    urbino:
    My work is done here.
    OMG, that was a good one urby, wow and I thought I was a smart*ss...
    phobicsquirrel:
    urbino:
    My work is done here.
    OMG, that was a good one urby, wow and I thought I was a smart*ss...
    You are. I've just been at it longer than you have.
    Haha, good point!
    At this point not sure if I should be offended or ...
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    madurofan:

You can't be offended if you are wearing your big boy panties...
    Tumbler:
    madurofan:

Always! I retired the superman ones a few years back.
    I haven't even gotten to my Superman ones yet, I'm still at Batman...one of these days though...one of these days.

btw maddy, congrats on 3k...you posting **** you.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    Tumbler:
    madurofan:

Always! I retired the superman ones a few years back.

Let me see -
    You don't piss into the wind
    You don't tug on superman's cape
    You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger
    and you don't mess around with slim...
    I retired the Chuck Norris drawers ......its a long story.
  • tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    woah woah woah! who said they dont make superman big boy panties?! you never grow out of superman...or chuck norris...you better not spread around throwing out your chuck norris drawers mills...hes not fictional...if he finds out your as good as sentenced to death by roundhouse kick