Home General Discussion

San Andres!!!

2»

Comments

• Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Video will be up tomorrow showing this. Doesn't do anything in flavor. Seems like a custom to the region. When I asked the turrents, they said it allows for airflow yet still insulates which makes sense. Very interesting none the less.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Video will be up tomorrow showing this. Doesn't do anything in flavor. Seems like a custom to the region. When I asked the turrents, they said it allows for airflow yet still insulates which makes sense. Very interesting none the less.
    i wonder if they help regulate humidity as in they help prevent spikes.
    a full humidor wont spike as easily, a full barn probably wont either. i know curing requires different humidity. if it has to be more or less constant through the process then this may be a theory.

then again, it could have nothing to to with it and be more of a thing to "ward off evil spirits" kinda thing.
    cant wait for the vid.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Christian_Sapp:
    i had the ab tempus and loved it one of my fav sticks but did not know it was a san andres maduro had the st luis rey thought it was ok did not care for the 60 ring gauge
    AB Tempus maduro, different from the regular AB Tempus.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Hey Alex, what's the deal with the binder that was cured with some kind of root? You mentioned it in one of the blogs at the blending table, is it like an infusion? Can you give us any info on the cigar itself?
  • bigharpoon:
    Christian_Sapp:
    i had the ab tempus and loved it one of my fav sticks but did not know it was a san andres maduro had the st luis rey thought it was ok did not care for the 60 ring gauge
    AB Tempus maduro, different from the regular AB Tempus.
    i smoked the maduro and the natural liked the maduro a lot more. I have both in my humi i might have to try them again tho.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Hey Alex, what's the deal with the binder that was cured with some kind of root? You mentioned it in one of the blogs at the blending table, is it like an infusion? Can you give us any info on the cigar itself?
    There is a very traditional cuban process by which tobacco is batumed or cased. Most people use only water when fermenting but some of the older familys from Cuba have a secret recipe or process they pass down from generation to generation. Each is different but most use a special herb that grows in the Baez region of San Luis that is very surgar based. This process is not something that is widely talked about in cigar making, but some of the highest rated blends and most popular factories utilize this process. So far, people have really utilized the herb. I was trying something with a tobacco that was batumed with a root. It was interesting. im still working on it.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    alienmisprint:
    There is a very traditional cuban process by which tobacco is batumed or cased. Most people use only water when fermenting but some of the older familys from Cuba have a secret recipe or process they pass down from generation to generation. Each is different but most use a special herb that grows in the Baez region of San Luis that is very surgar based. This process is not something that is widely talked about in cigar making, but some of the highest rated blends and most popular factories utilize this process. So far, people have really utilized the herb. I was trying something with a tobacco that was batumed with a root. It was interesting. im still working on it.
    Very interesting. So, more than likely, we have all smoked a few cigars that have had the tobacco fermented in this way. You learn something new all the time, thanks for the info, Alex.