Home General Discussion
Options

How Many Humis Do YOU own..

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Eh, maybe not. I'm 180 miles from Sac and 300 from Helmet, or wherever the hell you live Joe :)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    haha, Helmet...close enough. Its Hemet, but a lot of the residents call is Hellmet....hopefully I won't have to explain that one.

Given some planning, I don't think a west coast herf would be out of the question, but it would probably require a bit of travel.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a cabinet humi that is wonderful. I run the Cigar Oasis II XL and it keeps well around 68%. I have a top (singles) drawer (non locking) that i have about 150 -175 sticks in and in the bottom portion (for boxes) (locking) i have 8 - 10 boxes and 8 - 10 mazos. I had 3 humi's that i have since found new homes for, so the cabinet was well worth the investment. Not only is it wonderful for your cigars it is actually a nice piece of furniture. I have not noticed much difference in temperature changes but i am in Southern Cal so i don't get much of temperature changes anyway. Good luck on your search and if you do go with a cabinet i am sure you'll be super happy.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Given some planning, I don't think a west coast herf would be out of the question, but it would probably require a bit of travel.

You know, i really think that would work. Honestly. I'll keep it in the back of my mind and start jotting down some notes for when things get warmer. Hopefully before i deploy in July.
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    I have a 50 ct humi (full), a 100 ct humi (full), a Rubbermaid container for Acids, and a Rubbermaid for overflow. I live in So Cal and in the summer its hard to keep the temps down without running the ac 24-7. Im thinking about getting a Vino-temp before summer.
  • Options
    cubbychubbycubbychubby Posts: 29
    My current tally: 3 - desktops (each 100 - 200 size) 2 - travelers (10 - 20 size) 1- coolerdor (holds about 20 boxes - still have room for 3 or 4 more boxes !!) Like they say...it's not how many humis you have, it's what you do with them...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    cubbychubby:
    Like they say...it's not how many humis you have, it's what you do with them...
    See I've always thought "it's not how many humis you have, but what cigars you keep in them."
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Jetmech_63:
    j0z3r:

You know, i really think that would work. Honestly. I'll keep it in the back of my mind and start jotting down some notes for when things get warmer. Hopefully before i deploy in July.

Maybe if all the stars allign, something will materialize. Definately let me know if you guys get something rolling.
  • Options
    Just ordered my Havana foot locker and am waiting for it to get here so i can stock it up and smoke em. Holds about 300 to 400 it says i went with the biggest one i could afford on my budget because everyone tells me to go as big as you can because you will fill it up soon. Cant wait for it to get here.

Brian
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    Currently 2 (a 150 ct. and a 50ct.)

My current closet conversion project is on hold as I may be looking to move but my goal is to build a walk in.

A guy can dream can't he?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    every time i see the title of this threat i think to myself

"more than i need... less than i want"
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    I have three. I have a ready to smoke desktop that holds twenty, keep the rh at 65. I have a 250 count that I have for samplers of new cigars that I want to try. And then I have a cabinet that I have for aging, have ten boxes and in the top drawer have singles of cigars that are hard to come by or are too expensive to buy a box of. I use a Cigar Oasis in the cabinet and in the 250 count, beads in the 20 count. IMHO you need a ready to smoke humi.
  • Options
    bigtattoo79bigtattoo79 Posts: 36

madurofan:
    Yes mine is plugged in and set at 65 degrees. If you get a Vinotemp you can just get a bunch of beads or a Cigar Oasis or both and just stick them right in there. Also I know of a guy that makes Spanish Cedar replacement shelves for the Vinotemp.

I would like to know who makes the Spanish Cedar replacement shelves for the Vinotemp if possable?

Thanks Lance

• Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I own a 120 count southport, and I just ordered a 150 count.
  • Options
    niz33niz33 Posts: 83
    I own two. imageimage
  • Options
    I currently have one 150 ct. that I've had for a few years but after reading these threads I may actually have two. I just got as a gift an older wine fridge that is in perfect working order. I'm more of a bourbon man anyway so I was wondering what I was going to do with it....now I know. Any tips on how to go about the conversion?
  • Options
    Do I see two Gurhka HMR's in there niz?
  • Options
    BigginBiggin Posts: 52
    Simple question, simple answer.  I have one humidor.  Geez, you guys must buy boxes and boxes of smokes.  Some of these humidors are huge!
  • Options
    Smoky the Bear:
    U sure do I only have two from 12 that I had original bought. 10 of them went to my best friend that had his first son.
  • Options
    Smoky the Bear:
    I currently have one 150 ct. that I've had for a few years but after reading these threads I may actually have two. I just got as a gift an older wine fridge that is in perfect working order. I'm more of a bourbon man anyway so I was wondering what I was going to do with it....now I know. Any tips on how to go about the conversion?
    I'm actually not done with it. I will be posting a how to guide pretty soon, I just need a little more time I will be working on it this weekend. This project actually came just in time I live in So Cal and the last couple of days have been pretty HOT.
  • Options
    niz33:
    Smoky the Bear:
    U sure do I only have two from 12 that I had original bought. 10 of them went to my best friend that had his first son.
    Damn! The world needs more best friends like you.....I didn't even get a phone call from mine.
  • Options
    LOL. I know one day when I have a kid he will do the same, I'm actually the one that got him smoking my wife only likes the infused cigars so its nice to share a smoke with someone.
  • Options
    Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    I have two 300 counts that are full, two 50 counts (1 is full), and a 20 count. I wish I had a cabinet.
  • Options
    MojoRisinMojoRisin Posts: 6
    I'm new to this hobby so I only have one small 25ct humi that I got for free from the great people at Ccom.  However, with all the sticks I got with it, I already need to get a larger one!
  • Options
    MojoRisin:
    I'm new to this hobby so I only have one small 25ct humi that I got for free from the great people at Ccom.  However, with all the sticks I got with it, I already need to get a larger one!
    That is usually the case, any ideas on what your looking 4?
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoky the Bear:
    Those look like Grand Reserves. The HMRs have green wax
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Smoky the Bear:
    Those look like Grand Reserves. The HMRs have green wax
    Your right I got them confused. Its hard on some web sites they don’t have the right pictures. That I know of there are 3 kinds: Green Wax, Gold Wax, and Silver Wax. That's why you where so shocked that I bought them for my friend. I mean his a nice guy and all but my wife would have killed me if I bought them for him. Or at least I would have needed to get her a Louis Vuitton Bag....LOL
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    and purple wax - the Royal Salute or now called the Royal Reserve. Gold is single infused - silver is said to be triple but taste more like single - purple is triple infused - and green - they infuse 1 box of 20 cigars with one whole bottle of RMKLXIII.

I've got 5 humis including a travel.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I have two coolerdors, and a 75 count desktop and a spreadsheet to keep everythign organized. :)
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Rob1110:
    and purple wax - the Royal Salute or now called the Royal Reserve. Gold is single infused - silver is said to be triple but taste more like single - purple is triple infused - and green - they infuse 1 box of 20 cigars with one whole bottle of RMKLXIII.

I've got 5 humis including a travel.
    There is also yellow and red as a combo. The Corniche has both, one on top of the other. They are not supposed to be infused but I swear the one I had was. I have a few more but don't smoke them anytime soon.