Home Cigar 101

Looking for a new lighter

2»

Comments

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGreenMachine:
    For the cheap in your pocket, another recommendation for the Ronson JetLite and a key ring punch. For other times the Bugatti B1. My only complaint about the B1 is only get 7 or 8 cigars out of a fill up and no fuel level window. The B1 is usually in a deal here at CCOM for dirt cheap.
    +1 on the B-1, wish it had a fuel level window, but other than that I love it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    I love my MOW Lotus lighter. It has to be refilled every 10 cigars or so but it does a great job. I have a Xikar Executive and it's given me nothing but issues from day 1. The Ronson Jetlite is a solid lighter as stated by other BORK's as well. It's my back up lighter
    man... i love my executive. 5 years perfect performance.
    oh well.
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    I use a butane creme brule torch. It has an adjustable flame size and power. Works great.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    kuzi16:
    ENFIDL:
    I love my MOW Lotus lighter. It has to be refilled every 10 cigars or so but it does a great job. I have a Xikar Executive and it's given me nothing but issues from day 1. The Ronson Jetlite is a solid lighter as stated by other BORK's as well. It's my back up lighter
    oh well.
    It happens brother, not all of them can be perfect...lol
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    kuzi16:
    ENFIDL:
    oh well.
    It happens brother, not all of them can be perfect...lol
    Have you sent the Xikar back?
  • i love my perdomo table lighter, gunmetal..it has the perdomo logo on it........def a convo piece.....everyone who sees it gets jealous.....u can find online for about 29.99...
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Love my XiKar EX.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I have the B-1 lighter for over a year now, and so far so good.

Just a few minutes ago, I purchased 2 Colibri Hybrid lighters for $23 each at the auction site. Retail for $100 and looks great.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite lighter is my Vector Hammer single torch...with Xikar butane in it, it never fails me. I have bought an Xikar, just fond of carrying my Vector

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • check out buylighters.com they have really good deals and free shipping....
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    I have the B-1 lighter for over a year now, and so far so good.

Just a few minutes ago, I purchased 2 Colibri Hybrid lighters for $23 each at the auction site. Retail for $100 and looks great.
    I have the B1 also and its been real good,, though I think I like colibris better.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    I finally broke down and got an alec bradley table lighter.....awesome.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Ronson JetLite here too. I only found them at my local Walmart once, but I bought five of them when I was able to find them. Pretty reliable (more so than a 30 dollar Nibo I bought), and not bad looking either.
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I've got a Xikar Executive, A Bugatti B1, A Xikar Ultra, and about 3 Ronson Jetlites......If you want to know what works the best vs. dollar spent? The Ronson is easily the winner, performs great. Easy adjustment knob, re-fillable, great flame, great fuel usage, and slim enough to slide into a pocket, and looks like a real lighter. For 5 bucks at Rite Aid AND it comes filled with fluid. The Xikar Executive and me didn't get along at first, its now working great, but it doesn't look very cool. For the price a standard good lighter, but I am very ho-hum about it. The best looking and sounding lighter is the bugatti, it looks and performs awesome, but its adjustment knob blows. And I like the Xikar Ultra cause it has my name on it, has a fuel window, and is the partner to my Xikar Ultra slim cutter which also works awesome, but it also is not winning any beauty contests. Honestly I love all of these lighters, have had zero problems with all of them, but they are all a little different. But if you want me to recommend the best lighter for the money? Ronson JetLite by a mile