Home General Discussion

Meeting tonight with backers

So I have a whiskey/beer/cigar tasting tonight with some people who might sign up to be backers for the cigar lounge/brew pub I am trying to get running. Plan is to get them a little drunk hit them with my Scottish accent and buisness plan and go from there.
Wish me luck.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    rossdavey2:
    So I have a whiskey/beer/cigar tasting tonight with some people who might sign up to be backers for the cigar lounge/brew pub I am trying to get running. Plan is to get them a little drunk hit them with my Scottish accent and buisness plan and go from there.
    Wish me luck.
    Good luck man. That is Major.

• JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    I don't know about you but a little Scotch goes a long way towards adding to my charisma! Do what you gotta do, man! ...and good luck!

JDE
  • AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    GOOD LUCK!! get em' nice and drunk...better decisions are ALWAYS made that way! haha
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    That sounds like the most solid business plan I've heard! Knock em dead brother!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Good luck. Tell em u already have a forum full of potential customers.
  • ztanner25ztanner25 Posts: 48
    Good luck, how do you plan on running the brewpub part? Serving micro brews on tap or actually brewing small batches on location?
  • dude, thats awesome! keep us updated. If going from VA to GA wasnt such a commute, I'd apply to help run it lol
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Good luck bro. On a completely unrelated note, I might be moving to GA soon ;-)
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Wishing success for you man
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Go get 'em Brother!
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Hit 'em HARD the DCCC needs a home base in the home state!!!
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Good luck boss
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck Ross, Not too drunk though, they may not remember in the morning.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do ya thing bro...you know we are behind you all the way. Best of luck
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Wow man, I really hope everything goes well for you. Let us know how it went.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Good luck!....
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Good luck!....
    x2
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Best of luck man!
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck and I hope it works out for you! My best friend and I are trying to open a bar here in the Denver area. Success can be fleeting, but it is the "American Dream".
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Owning a cigar shop would be a DREAM come TRUE!!!

If the accent doesn't work... Remember... A Mouth's a Mouth... Just sayin'
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Give 'em hell!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Good luck man. Hope it goes as planned.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    good luck Ross, a little bit of scotch can go a long way... ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    So, how'd it go? When can I come down to your shop in GA?
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    It went really well. Maybe one more meeting with another batch of backers and we will be good to go. I am also going to do a talk at the rotary club next month.
    The plan getting started is to just have a lot of micro brew on tap and bottled and build up to brewing our own in about 5 years. About 15 guys have signed on as backers so we can really start finding a building and firming a lot of the small things up.
    Best case we will be open in about 4 months, but more likely to be the end of the year.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Thats awesome man. Hope everything goes through. Keep us posted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Nice - you're living the dream man. Good luck with your venture.
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    Best of luck to you! If I'm ever in your area I will be happy to leave a few $$ in your establishment!

JDE
  • That's so great bro! Makin' it happen!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    rossdavey2:
    It went really well. Maybe one more meeting with another batch of backers and we will be good to go. I am also going to do a talk at the rotary club next month.
    The plan getting started is to just have a lot of micro brew on tap and bottled and build up to brewing our own in about 5 years. About 15 guys have signed on as backers so we can really start finding a building and firming a lot of the small things up.
    Best case we will be open in about 4 months, but more likely to be the end of the year.
    ross, that's FANTASTIC buddy! I'm very happy for you!

"Long ashes my friends."