Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Super Bowl Game!

13»

Comments

• Options
    StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    In my line of work we call electricians narrowbacks.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    In aviation theyre wirechasers
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Wirechasers I can understand, but narrowbacks? I don't get that one.
  • Options
    I work as a lineman which is basically an electrician working on power lines anywhere from 120 volts up to 765000 volts. The term narrowback comes from the sterotype that electricians are usually not as physically built as a lineman due to the physical differences in the work. This is not to say it is a correct sterotype but that is how the term narrowback came to be among lineman.
  • Options
    Ah I see. That would explain the term then.

Damn hotshot linemen. :)

Which reminds me of a lineman I did some work for. He bought all the materials and tools he needed to add a service, lighting and receptacles to his horse barn. It was only when it came time to do the work that he realized he didn't have a clue how to go about it.
  • Options
    Yeah the electrician and lineman work really are different worlds even though it is all based on the same principals
  • Options
    Exactly. The way I look at it is you guys give us the power, we figure out what to do with it.
  • Options
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Well so far it looks like Stoogee won the 1st qtr and Jozer is the winner at the half

Edit: Looks like Jozer won the third quarter also. Dang brother spread the wealth. LOL
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Congratulations to Stoogie, Jozer and bbc. At least it had a little excitement at the end.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    man...I like winning sticks but I was pulling for the Cards the whole way. bittersweet here...thanks goes to jet for putting this together, you're truly a class act in my book!
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Yep started to look like a good game at the end. Prior to the 4th quarter it was just mediocre.
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    Yep started to look like a good game at the end. Prior to the 4th quarter it was just mediocre.

Agreed, desperation bred a good game in the 4th...lots of hairline calls IMO
  • Options
    glad to see Santonio Holmes of The Ohio State University have such a great game...hate that he's a steeler, but he's a hell of a football player
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Gah!! I forgot all about this. It's just as well, as I would have been throwing more curse words at the TV! Congrats, Guys! Thanks, Jet, for doing this.
  • Options
    Wow, that was cool!!! First Quarter: Stogie, Second/Third: Jozer(lucky rat *** :), Fourth: BBC. I'll have the sticks mailed out tomorrow or tuesday morning. Atleast i get to save on shipping :). Thanks a whole lot for playing guys, this made the game a whole lot more fun, and enjoy the smokes!!
  • Options
    Well I'm glad I won something on one pool. Didn't even have a chance on the cash pool I was in on today. Even though I was disappointed with the outcome, I'm a Kurt Warner fan not a Cards fan, I must say it turned into a good game. Thanks Jet for setting this one up...though in all honesty, I hadn't even thought about it until I came on a few minutes ago.
  • Options
    Well you got 20 sticks headed your way and one of them is one was REALLY hard to let go of....though it was fun to hold.....you'll see :). I didnt win crap on my money pool either but it was good game.
  • Options
    Oooh now I'm all anxious to see.
  • Options
    All prize packages are in the mail, i'll PM the DC #'s as soon as they hit my email.
  • Options
    My pack arrived today...holy cats, this thing is loaded. Someone went above and beyond and put a Fuente Añejo Shark in the game...whoever it was has my thanks. A lot of other great sticks as well, a couple dupes but sticks I like so it's just fine.

Thanks again for setting this up Vinny.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    This whole thing is way too complicated... I'm officially more confused now on how this whole pass thing, but hey glad you guys had fun... =)
  • Options
    The Anejo was the one i was having fun holding. I think it's a pyramide. I need to acquire one of those and fire it up, that one looked gooooood. The rest of the sticks were random, the wife did the numbering and seperating of any stick that wasnt marked. Some pretty good ones in there though. The other packages ought to find their way into mailboxes tomorrow.
  • Options
    I got mine today as well all nice smokes that I either know I like or have wanted to try. Thanks to all who participated and thatnks to Jet for putting the think together.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    The Anejo was the one i was having fun holding. I think it's a pyramide. I need to acquire one of those and fire it up, that one looked gooooood. The rest of the sticks were random, the wife did the numbering and seperating of any stick that wasnt marked. Some pretty good ones in there though. The other packages ought to find their way into mailboxes tomorrow.
    Indeed it is a pyramide, nicknamed "the Shark", otherwise known as the Reserva No. 77. The unique thing about it is how it starts in the round at the head and progresses to a box press as it nears the foot. I've wanted to try one but refused to buy one, now I'm not faced with that dilemma.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Jetmech_63:
    Indeed it is a pyramide, nicknamed "the Shark", otherwise known as the Reserva No. 77. The unique thing about it is how it starts in the round at the head and progresses to a box press as it nears the foot. I've wanted to try one but refused to buy one, now I'm not faced with that dilemma.

I was holding it.....it was righ there......and i had to package it up and send it to you:(

.......i so hate you....
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Jetmech_63:
    I was holding it.....it was right there......and i had to package it up and send it to you:(
    Wait wait wait. You were holding it right where? Don't put that one in your mouth just yet, Joe. You don't know where it's been.