Comments

• Options
    MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    OK, one more try...

Step off July 5th 1500 hours
    Step in home July 5th 2200 hours
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I don't like this thread at all. Lakota is I am sure a great guy (don't know him) but RCY is nothing but scum. He's one of those guys who can't take a hint or do math. You send the guy some sticks and he'll smart bomb your a** with mugs and all kinds of crap. Watch out for him!
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    New guesses------July 6th @ 1800 off the plane......and Home on 07/08 @ 2115
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    My new guesses...
    Steps off plane July 7 @ 2250 hrs Steps through front door July 9 @1500 hrs
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    first guess here, I gotta get in on this action. . .

Steps off the plane on July 8th @ 0500 hours
    Steps through the door on July 10th @ 1500 hours.

most importantly . . . . welcome home guys
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Ok my new guesses...

Step off the plane on July 8th @ 1800 hours and
    Step through the door on July 13th @ 1300 hours.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok...here's my new guesses

Step off the plane on July 6th @ 1830 hours and Step through the door on July 11th @ 1630 hours.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    dowjr1:
    I don't like this thread at all. Lakota is I am sure a great guy (don't know him) but RCY is nothing but scum. He's one of those guys who can't take a hint or do math. You send the guy some sticks and he'll smart bomb your a** with mugs and all kinds of crap. Watch out for him!
    I have to disagree with you sir, and now that you have spoken....beware my friend, beware. I feel a Joint Operation building.
  • Options
    Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you for your thoughts and prayers. 17 individuals to include myself arrived safely here at Ft. Dix last night at 2300. We made it through the first day of outprocessing and still have quite a bit to go tomorrow. I only wish Rick could have made it here with us. Good luck to those participating in the contest.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Ok so arriving in the states 7-7-11 @ 1750 and home on 7-12-11 at 1530 and welcome home fellas and thanks for doing everything you do.
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Hey Lakota, Yes somehow you and I have not swapped any sticks but for sure I am always up for a good trade. I have also been known to just lob the occasional leaf grenade. Welcome home and well deserved rest! I drink beer out of the mug from Rick like weekly so I had to give him some sh** for such a great gift.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Lakota72:
    Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you for your thoughts and prayers. 17 individuals to include myself arrived safely here at Ft. Dix last night at 2300. We made it through the first day of outprocessing and still have quite a bit to go tomorrow. I only wish Rick could have made it here with us. Good luck to those participating in the contest.
    Thanks LT. for the update on your arrival. good to have you and the rest back home. I know in my recent post with the update for Ricks return I said I was going to chose a winner by drawing a random number between 1 and 2400. After checking to see if anybody from the beginning had picked a time and date according to the LT arrival date and time we do have a winner that way.

So I decided we are going to have 2 winners for a 5er, the one that came the closes without going over LT. date and time and a winner by drawing a number.

The winner for being the closest without going over is jj20030. JJ posted "steps off 6-29 at 1100. The other winner with the winning drawn number is dbeckom. Dwayne posted "Steps off plane 6/30/11 @ 1900 hrs . If I am incorrect in my determining who won....tough crap....there will be plenty of contests throughout the summer for all to have a chance to win something. PM's sent to this round of winners. I will ship after the holiday weekend. Don't want any sticks sitting for a long weekend in a hot postal terminal

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    Lakota72:
    Thanks LT. for the update on your arrival. good to have you and the rest back home. I know in my recent post with the update for Ricks return I said I was going to chose a winner by drawing a random number between 1 and 2400. After checking to see if anybody from the beginning had picked a time and date according to the LT arrival date and time we do have a winner that way.

So I decided we are going to have 2 winners for a 5er, the one that came the closes without going over LT. date and time and a winner by drawing a number.

The winner for being the closest without going over is jj20030. JJ posted "steps off 6-29 at 1100. The other winner with the winning drawn number is dbeckom. Dwayne posted "Steps off plane 6/30/11 @ 1900 hrs . If I am incorrect in my determining who won....tough crap....there will be plenty of contests throughout the summer for all to have a chance to win something. PM's sent to this round of winners. I will ship after the holiday weekend. Don't want any sticks sitting for a long weekend in a hot postal terminal

i think you are correct, i wont argue, lol, winner winner chicken dinner!, ill take it, thanks
  • Options
    Well I haven't heard of a change of departure for Rick so it looks like the 5th is it....which means if you haven't made a guess yet you still have time.
  • Options
    I guess Rick has left today cause I didn't get a PM telling me they were pushed back. This means if you haven't guessed yet you need to get it in soon
  • Options
    I would say they are gone. Last time I talked to him...He was posting from his ipod or phone which means to me his computer was packed and they were probably sitting in the airport waiting for the plane to take them away.
  • Options
    Rick sent me a PM and advised me that he is back in the Good Old U.S of A. He stepped off the plane on July 5th 2011 at 1915hrs. So going through all the posts I have found us a winner for the first part when Rick steps off the plane. That winner would be Mperconte. His guess was "Step off July 5th 1500 hours" and that means Mperconte was the closest without going over.

Now all we have left is to see who wins the grand prize

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got my winnings today, the ones with no wrappers are casillas cigars, thanks for the smokes! image
  • Options
    You are welcome, glad to hear they arrived safely.
  • Options
    Woo Hoo Rick PM'd me to let me know when he walked through the front door at home and I am first happy to say Welcome Home Brother and to also announce the winner of the Grand Prize. Rick stepped through his front door on 7 July @ 2252 hrs. After going back through all the posts the one brother that came the closest without going over is bip. Morgan guessed 7 July 2011 @ 2100.

So our lucky brother will receive a brand new 20 count humidor, 20 sticks from my inventory and a brand new pocket knife of my choice (courtesy of my website). So congratulations Morgan, I will get these out tomorrow so they make it there to you in WA before your leave is over.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    MTuccelli:
    Woo Hoo Rick PM'd me to let me know when he walked through the front door at home and I am first happy to say Welcome Home Brother and to also announce the winner of the Grand Prize. Rick stepped through his front door on 7 July @ 2252 hrs. After going back through all the posts the one brother that came the closest without going over is bip. Morgan guessed 7 July 2011 @ 2100.

So our lucky brother will receive a brand new 20 count humidor, 20 sticks from my inventory and a brand new pocket knife of my choice (courtesy of my website). So congratulations Morgan, I will get these out tomorrow so they make it there to you in WA before your leave is over.
    Thanks for running such a great contest and congratulations bip. Wow that was a really good guess.
  • Options
    bipbip Posts: 483
    Thanks MT. You are the man. I don't know if anyone else has noticed by MT has been pushing out a lot of sticks lately.
  • Options
    Great Contest brother. I am glad to know that Rick is home safe.
  • Options
    Here ya go bip...the DC number 9101 1501 3471 1802 1092 88. Your winnings will go out tomorrow. Thank you and all the other brothers that took part in this. You all made this a fun one for me, now I gotta figure out what to do for my next contest lol

Wishing everybody a great week end!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Mike, you are the man. Thanks for looking out for myself and Lakota72. You really didn't have to. BIP, you lucky SOB, lol. Of all people you, well deserving my friend. It's funny how everything seems to roll in a big circle in this forum. Thanks guys for entering and making this interesting. Sorry for all the changes, but welcome to me world in the military, lol......
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    Mike, you are the man. Thanks for looking out for myself and Lakota72. You really didn't have to. BIP, you lucky SOB, lol. Of all people you, well deserving my friend. It's funny how everything seems to roll in a big circle in this forum. Thanks guys for entering and making this interesting. Sorry for all the changes, but welcome to me world in the military, lol......
    Welcome home Rick!!! How's the wife taking the house now being filled with cigars and humidors?
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    bip:
    RCY Cigars:
    Welcome home Rick!!! How's the wife taking the house now being filled with cigars and humidors?

Lol, thanks BIP. Everything is still packed. So, it hasn't hit yet. Just have one humidor out right now.
  • Options
    I received my winnings from MT today. Brother went way above and beyond. Thank you very much MT. I'm thinking that you have been sending out a lot of stuff lately and should be receiving some in turn. Elmo activate. Never mind. Wrong movie. Just click your heels and Kansas will fall on you ( in the next few days at least)
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    BAD-ASS Mr Tuccelli!!! Now THATS what Im talkin bout!!!

• Options
    MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    I got my sticks yesterday, very nice thanks! There're a few in there that I have not heard of nor have I had so I look forward to giving them a go. The note was a nice touch!

I like that knife from the grand prize winnings....

Thanks for running the contest!