Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Need some prayers

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Been a helluva weekend. My brother in law,(21) who recently got back from Iraq was in a motorcycle accident early Saturday morning. He lost control and hit a road sign and was partially decapitated. He made it to the hospital alive (not sure how). But they were able to reattach his muscles in his neck (he was cut down to the spinal cord). They put him in the Ct scan and determined he has a broken neck, fractured skull, broken eye socket, broken ribs, broken knee and leg. He is currently breathing through a ventilator. I have known this kid since he was 15. And have been praying my ass off but he is still not out of the woods. Please my fellow BOTLs, if you are a religious , God fearing person please pray for my family. Thank you.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear this Krieg...

Prayers coming your way... Good luck and God bless!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Wow. Praying for him.

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear this story bro. I ride motorcycles so I take things like this to heart not to mention your a great guy and I realize you and your family are going through alot of emotions right now. Prayers coming your way, I hope all goes well. Keep us posted.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh geez man. Praying for him.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I'm soooo sorry to hear this brother! Prayers for him and all the family!!!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Holy crap, stay strong. Sending good juju your way that he'll pull through and eventually make a recovery.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Prayers going out and up for your brother in law
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers and best wishes for him and for you and your family. May all work out well for you.

Marty

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I am truly saddened to hear this,, My prayers are with you and his family..Does anyone here know what the injured mans first name is?
  • Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Krieg, My prayers are with you and your family. I am a retired Marine and a fellow motorcycle rider so I understand the dangers of both, please know that I mean it when I say how truly sorry I am to hear this. I will continue my prayers for all of you. Mike
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Sorry to hear this. My prayers go out to him, you, and family.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Holy hell sorry about the tragedy brother. If there's anything you need or anything I/we can do, don't hesitate to ask. Prayers to you and yours...
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry for what you're going through. You and family will be in our prayers.
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone, it really does help. I am going to the hospital today and hopefully we will get some good news. We need some.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Many prayers for your brother in law my friend, Im really sorry to hear about this Krieg.

• Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Thoughts and prayers for your family.
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    Thanks for letting us know, brother. We will be praying.

JDE

• Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    thoughts and prayers are with you and yours, brother
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    We will keep your brother in law and family in our thoughts Chris. Hope everythings works out in the end.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Prayers headed your way man , so sorry to hear . God speed .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Thoughts and prayers headed your way.
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Wow man sorry to hear!! Prayers for you and your family!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    prayers sent! long story but i myself am a miracle to be alive today from prayers i got in 2001 after a month and a half in a coma in micu on life support , i am still here, hope your friend recovers well!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Prayers with him and your family Kraig. Let him/them know we are pulling for him.
  • Options
    The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    In my prayers...
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Sending prayers his way.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    My thoughts are prayers are with you and your brother-in-law... doctors can work miracles.. stay strong brother!
  • Options
    Thanks again everyone. I got to see Billy today and he was off the ventilator and able to speak. Doctors said that he was 75% decapitated. It's a miracle he's alive. I'm still in shock. But for now it seems the the operation was successful. He has another one tomorrow on his leg to insert a plate. He told me his nieghbor who are friends for years (and is only 15) saved his life. After prying himself off of the road sign billy couldn't lift up his head and was gushing blood. Daniel put pressure on his neck and they were able to call 911. Billy said he remembered hearing the EMTs calling time of death...but he Still made it. I'm still in shock.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great news bro. hope and prayers for his surgery tomorrow and an continuing recovery! when i was in micu my brother told me later that he was called 5 times to the hospital as they said i wouldnt make it and each time i hung on!
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Thanks again everyone. I got to see Billy today and he was off the ventilator and able to speak. Doctors said that he was 75% decapitated. It's a miracle he's alive. I'm still in shock. But for now it seems the the operation was successful. He has another one tomorrow on his leg to insert a plate. He told me his nieghbor who are friends for years (and is only 15) saved his life. After prying himself off of the road sign billy couldn't lift up his head and was gushing blood. Daniel put pressure on his neck and they were able to call 911. Billy said he remembered hearing the EMTs calling time of death...but he Still made it. I'm still in shock.
    Wow, it is amazing the power that prayer holds. I will continue to pray for him as he moves through recovery.